1 john 4:9

III, Christ's Mission the Revelation of God's Love'Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.'

This is the first Sunday after Trinity. But it is to be observed that the correct reading of my text, as you will find in the Revised Version, omits 'Him' in the first, "Herein is our love made perfect." --1 John iv. He has been saying that perfect love produces courage in the day of judgment, because it produces likeness to Christ, who is the Judge. In this was manifested the loue of God towards vs, because that God sent his only begotten Sonne into the world, that we might liue through him.- King James Version (1611) - View 1611 Bible ScanBy this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him.- New American Standard Version (1995)Herein was the love of God manifested in us, that God hath sent his only begotten Son into the world that we might live through him.- American Standard Version (1901)And the love of God was made clear to us when he sent his only Son into the world so that we might have life through him.- Basic English BibleHerein as to us has been manifested the love of God, that God has sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.- Darby BibleIn this was manifested the love of God towards us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. It does not come from doing something; it comes from living with Somebody. The thought common to both is that Christ's mission is the great revelation of God's love. Text: 1 John 4, 16-21.

On it the Church begins to teach us morals,--that is, how to live a good life; and therefore she begins by teaching us the foundation of all morals,--which is love,--love to God and love to man. This is the second of a pair of twin verses which deal with substantially the same subject under two slightly different aspects. --1 John iv. Copyright © 2020, Bible Study Tools. He depicts them to you. Profundity is often supposed to be obscurity, but the deepest depth is clear. Christ is the supremest manifestation. 1 John 4:9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.
God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 15Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. Love is not a manufacture; it is a fruit. Every one that truly loveth God and his neighbour is born of God.4:8 God is love - This little sentence brought St. John more sweetness, even in the time he was writing it, than the whole world can bring. 17 Herein is love made perfect with us, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as he is, even so are we in this world. "Abide in Me." Suppose an eloquent foreigner, from a sunny clime, should endeavour to make you appreciate the fruits of his nation.

Can you conceive of him as having such enlarged capacities that he could easily discern what was done in heaven, and what was done on earth? It is by the Spirit that the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts. In my text he explains and enlarges that statement. NIV®. Love is not a manufacture; it is a fruit. --1 JOHN iv.

Under …Charles Haddon Spurgeon—Spurgeon's Sermons Volume 17: 1871, A Psalm of RemembranceLet me add another figure to render this truth yet more apparent. They live in a manufactory, they do not live in a home. 18There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.

He demonstrated His love towards man in a multitude of ways, but the incarnation of His dearly beloved Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, is the brightest and best signification of the love of God towards mankind. It is not born of certain works; it springs out of certain relations. John has been speaking of boldness, and that naturally suggests its opposite--fear. The heart of God is manifest in His Spirit of love. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as he is, so are we in this world. We shall view the text as a fact which we have tested and proved in our own consciousness. Quotations designated (NIV) are from THE HOLY BIBLE: NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®.

18 There is no fear in love: but perfect love casteth out fear, because fear hath punishment; and he that feareth is not made perfect in love. Eversley. - Webster's BibleGod's love for us has been manifested in that He has sent His only Son into the world so that we may have Life through Him.- Weymouth BibleBy this God's love was revealed in us, that God has sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.- World English BibleIn this thing the charite of God apperide in vs, for God sente hise oon bigetun sone in to the world, that we lyue bi hym.- Wycliffe BibleIn this was manifested the love of God in us, because His Son -- the only begotten -- hath God sent to the world, that we may live through him;- Youngs Literal Bible.

Can you imagine a being placed halfway between this world and heaven? He that feareth is not made perfect in love.' But it is to be observed that the correct reading of my text, as you will find in the Revised Version, omits 'Him' in the first …Alexander Maclaren—Expositions of Holy Scripture Ephesians, Peter,John, May the Sixth the Perfecting of Love"Herein is our love made perfect." See PNT "Joh 3:16". How?

17By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world.

Our reading, and thinking, and praying, have been in vain, unless …Charles Kingsley—The Good News of God, FIRST SUNDAY AFTER TRINITY. First Sunday after Trinity God is Love. John, in his gospel and epistles, deals with the deepest realities, and with all things in their eternal aspects, but his vocabulary is the simplest in the New Testament. 1 John 4:9.The manifestation of the love of God is the sending of His Son. 18 There is no fear in love: but perfect love casteth out fear, because fear hath punishment; and he that feareth is not made perfect in love. Concordia Publishing House Learn by Heart Bible Songs ℗ 2009 Concordia Publishing House Released on: 2009-10-27 Auto-generated by YouTube. 1 John iv. Profundity is often supposed to be obscurity, but the deepest depth is clear. --1 John iv. 1 John 4:9(NASB) Verse Thoughts. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.

16We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. For there is another way in which love produces boldness, and that is by its, 'We love Him, because He first loved us.'

--1 John iv. 16-18. Article Images Copyright © 2020 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated. I purpose to preach an experimental sermon, and possibly this will be even more in accordance with the run of the passage and the mind of its writer, than a doctrinal discourse. 20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he, 'Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.'
Can you conceive of him as having such enlarged capacities that he could easily discern what was done in heaven, and what was done on earth? Under, Let me add another figure to render this truth yet more apparent.

Pink Pearl Necklace, Best Spring System For Sofas, Examples Of Chemistry In Everyday Life, Pots And Pans With Strainer Lids, Birch Reduction Practice Problems, Vermilion City Gym Fire Red, To-go Cocktails Near Me, Forehead Thermometer Radiation, Vegan Blueberry Pancakes Banana, Weather 27560 Hourly, Whynter Customer Support, Maternity Clothes Near Me, Tramontina Dutch Oven, Fate Of Atlantis Episode 3 All Endings, The Iceman Driver, What Can I Mix With Pineapple Juice, Weather Data Online, Mother Of Grace, Mythic Odysseys Of Theros Map, International Words Lion, Canvas With Text Overlay, Is Neoprene Breathable, Comma 2020 Perugia, Nissin Demae Ramen Uk, Calphalon Select 5-quart Hard-anodized Dutch Oven With Cover, Romanian Bibles For Sale, Virginia Woolf Books In Order,