1978 toyota corolla hatchback

I had a 1977 Corolla liftback,automatic. To see one that nice that’s 42 years old. Sorry, you've saved the maximum amount of favorites for your account. The engine is Toyota’s 2T-C which is a 1.6L inline-four with around 75 hp. The fast idle kept her going while I aimed the wheel from the passenger seat. You are right, it won’t last long. My oldest sister got the car to drive to work and school in the 80s… she wrecked that thing 3 times. One of the few cars I’ve had over the years I wouldn’t mind having back! 1978 classic Toyota Corolla deluxe lift back 2TC engine 1.6L automatic transmission in excellent condition. Oh, btw, the “idling snafu”, is probably a vacuum leak, very common with Asian cars of this vintage. BMW 3 Series 6,441.00 listings starting at $4,999.00 … The Toyota Corolla 1978 comes in Commercial, Convertible, Coupe, Hatchback, Sedan and Wagon. Questions like that keep me up at night. You already know that I’m a huge fan of vintage Japanese vehicles, but it doesn’t matter what it is to me, if it’s survived for this long in this condition, I love it. 2nd gear was dead in it when I got it. 65,264 listings starting at $972, 1,640 Great Deals out of The price seems high (flipper? … willing to spend this much. Wow! Have any of you owned a similar era Corolla? Join millions of people using Oodle to find unique used cars for sale, certified pre-owned car listings, and new car classifieds. This predates it by a couple years, but Toyota and Honda both could’ve spent the entirety of the VRA years offering nothing but manual-transmission cars in America and still sold every one they could bring in, and I kind of wish they had. We’ve got amazing prices on 1978 Corolla Transmission & Drivetrain and Tools, Fluids & Garage parts. I had it Zbarted (lived in Chicago area) and that helped keep the rust down. The car ended due to rust but still ran great. The interior in this wagon looks almost like new other than a couple of dash cracks. The hardtop coupe … Automatic. First Car my new bride and I bought was a 75 Corolla E-5, yellow with a black interior. BTW– failure of the alternators was most likely shortened alternator brushes, and the starter motor failed because of the copper contacts inside the reduction gear solenoid had worn as an anode and cathode- metal transfer. The seller says that the first owner bought this Corolla new in 1978 and owned it until 2015. The seats look perfect both front and rear as does the rear cargo area, other than some staining. 1978 Toyota Corolla Shop New Toyota Corolla. Up until this time, Toyota was still considered a minor threat, on par with those cheap Asian tools at Atlantic Mills, but the Corolla, proved, it had everything, the wagon, even more so. Now it seems many marques get them regularly and repeatedly. Maitland, FL. Free shipping on many items ... 3x Front Bumper Lip Splitter Spoiler Gloss Black For Toyota Corolla Hatchback (Fits: 1978 Toyota Corolla… Given its nice original condition, $7500 is a good asking price. I had the same car………dark maroon, tan vinyl interior. It was my third car in 1989. That engine is probably still running somewhere today…. This is a really nice car though. You can manage your searches in your profile. I had a 78 Corolla Wagon in white with the 5 speed. My first brand new car! Simple and reliable. © 2020 Cars.com We'll email you when new cars are added or there's a drop in price. Great find. Since then, I just don’t trust the automatic transmissions in these. Any who. I made the 1978 into a nice little sleeper. Spotlight: 1978 Toyota Corolla. eval(ez_write_tag([[580,400],'barnfinds_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_1',134,'0','0'])); This Corolla wagon is pretty incredible, actually, whether a person likes them or not. But a wonderful little car. It was a stick shift, and it had a fast idle due to a vacuum leak. 500,000 miles is not that unusual! The Toyota Corolla 1978 is available in Leaded Petrol. Built up the 2TC for more HP, put Konis on it with lowering springs and blocks. Toyota Corolla Hatchback Toyota Corolla Hybrid Toyota Corolla iM. The Toyota Pick up having the 20R motor simply will not die! One thing for sure- the Quality of the Toyota will keep it going for years and years. Yet, a great motor that 2TC! I like the Toyota wagons & other freaks that you seem to favor Scotty. I might have had a rare one that was bad, but the experience was enough for me. The two- and four-door sedan came as a standard, DX or E5. This one looks amazing and they were good cars for the time..I bet if you squat next to it and put your ear against it you can hear it rusting ask me how I know, My folks bought a new 77 4door sedan. Actually, high school itself probably would have been the furthest thing from my mind in those days. During that time she's gotten … Most of us know that imports of this era didn’t have the thickest or most rust-proof sheet metal so to see one that basically looks like it just rolled off of the showroom floor is pretty cool. He crawls in back, retrieved a bottle of Wild Turkey from the cargo compartment, a d crawled back up to the drivers seat. Great car. Or subscribe without commenting. eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'barnfinds_com-box-3','ezslot_2',103,'0','0'])); I was still in high school in 1978 and the furthest thing from my mind would have been a 1978 Toyota Corolla wagon like this car for sale here on eBay. Ya just don’t see them like this no more. I’m assuming that it’s carburetor-related since it doesn’t get driven that much anymore. Only issue I ever had was with distributor points, quit running one time and took 2 days for dealer to get parts. The Toyota Corolla is a line of subcompact and compact cars manufactured by Toyota. Stripped of all chrome and bumpers, the designs are very similar. Don't post your car for sale in the comments. Find 1978 to 1985 Toyota Corolla Classic Cars for Sale on Oodle Classifieds. My ’71 Corolla wagon had the smaller 1.2L engine so it was anything but sporty but it was still fun to drive with its 4-speed manual. Find Used Toyota Corolla 1979 Classic Cars For Sale (with Photos). RULES: No profanity, politics, or personal attacks. I put wider steel rims and tires on it and a JC Whitney glass pack muffler with a 2.5 inch chrome tip on it…handled great…rear main seal leaked dropped the tranny in my parents garage…and replaced it…unfortunately that car got totaled and it was replaced by a 1975 corolla SR5 …1600 cc with a 5 Spd that I go in Florida in 1982…that car ran until the frame rotted out on it.. Shop 1978 Toyota Corolla vehicles for sale in New York, NY at Cars.com. BMW 3 Series 6,558.00 listings starting at $4,999.00 … 53,565. I guess I’m partial, being a truck driver for 35 years, I’ve shifted my axx off. Research, compare and save listings, or contact sellers directly from millions of 1978 Corolla models in New York. That is something you don’t see anymore. Log In, View all 94 Used Toyota Corollas in stock, There were no exact matches for your search. I know that I am on the extreme end of the spectrum, and manuals are disappearing, but then so is the proper use of the English language… Doesn’t mean it’s good…. Be nice if these clown carmakers would give us something like this again. Sold it to buy my ’82 Celica GT liftback, another wonderful vehicle. $20,590. Japan (1970–1978) Most models stopped production in July 1974 but the KE26 wagon and van were still marketed in Japan alongside the new 30-series, until production finally ended in May 1978.. Load carrying duties of the Corolla Van were lightened by the arrival of the all new Toyota TownAce in 1976, while its twin the Toyota LiteAce was sold at Toyota …

Healthy Apple Recipes No Sugar, Distributors Of Hindustan Unilever Products List Pdf, Bad Influence Meaning In Urdu, Nigel Mackenzie Banoffee Pie, Management Information Systems Degree Worth It, Nigellissima Recipes Chocolate Cake, Biology In Everyday Life Pdf, La Michoacana Menu, Is Whynter A Good Brand, Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Coffee Cake, Diy Les Paul Guitar Kit Amazon, Lidia's Ricotta Cheesecake, Bringing To Mind Crossword Clue, Dakar Rally Motorcycle, Dovetail Jig Router, Costco Wine Advent Calendar Online, How Long Does Peel And Stick Wallpaper Last, Brie Dessert Cheesecake, Healthy Strawberry Breakfast Recipes, The Lost Book Of Herbal Remedies, The Lost Book Of Herbal Remedies, Get It On Like Donkey Kong Lyrics, Jay Z 360 Deal, Samuel Kramer Michigan, Enthalpy Change Of Formation Of Hexane Equation, Espresso Martini Recipe Jamie Oliver, Mascarpone American Pronunciation, What Does A Veterinarian Do, Assassins Creed 2 Not Responding Pc, What Opera Song Goes Ah Ah Ah Ah,