baked turkey meatballs with spinach

I made 3 recipes to freeze so we have something to grab for lunches at work. The temperature I baked at was 400 and I followed a suggestion of another reviewer (to prevent dry meatballs, & they came out nicely moist): I placed the balls onto a piece of foil and covered with foil for the first half 12 minutes and then uncovered for another 15. The total cooking time was almost 30 min for me. bread crumbs and the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and season with salt and pepper Welcome! They took 30 minutes, to bake, turning about every 10 minutes. Baked meatballs for the win. Did you know you can bake meatballs in the oven? 50 calories; protein 5.2g 10% DV; carbohydrates 0.8g; fat 3g 5% DV; cholesterol 20.2mg 7% DV; sodium 105mg 4% DV. That would make all the difference. If using store-bought, I usually go for. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Additionally, I am not a fan of Italian seasoning, so I added a tspn of smoked paprika. —Mimi Blanco, Bronxville, New York, Spinach Turkey Meatballs Recipe photo by Taste of Home. They mixture is sticky, but the balls hold up really well in the oven. Did you know that a combine is a giant tractor that harvests crops from the field? The amount of time that the turkey meatballs will take to bake will depend on how big you make your turkey meatballs. Will make again! I actually line my baking sheet with foil and then spray with cooking spray. These are quick cooking, needing less than 15 minutes in the oven! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. I used 1/2 c. though 1/4 would be great if you have to hide it from the kids, but 1/2 c. was not overkill. You don’t want to dry out the meatballs so be careful. Your email address will not be published. The baked turkey meatballs can be refrigerated for up to 5 days. Amount is based on available nutrient data. baked meatballs recipe, baked turkey meatballs, healthy meatballs recipe, healthy turkey meatballs, packed baby spinach leaves, finely chopped, panko breadcrumbs (regular or gluten free). I also add more seasoning such as garlic, pepper, sea salt, etc. Sometimes, I even double the recipe to freeze some for later! These were very easy to make, delicious and healthful! Line a baking sheet with heavy … ), Gluten Free Pear and Ginger Crumble (Easy & Delicious!). I prefer using dark meat turkey, which will result in juicier, more tender meatballs. My husband loved these. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, bread crumbs, and egg. Posted by Nicki Sizemore | Jan 22, 2020 | Gluten free, Main Dishes | 2 |. GREEK TURKEY MEATBALLS WITH SPINACH AND FETA -- Ground turkey meatballs are loaded with feta cheese, spinach and Greek herbs and spices. Well, I most certainly didn't until my 3-year-old told me! An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Eaten either as an appetizer or as a part or a complete meal, they will surprise even the finest palates. You saved Baked Spinach, Feta, and Turkey Meatballs to your. When reheating turkey meatballs, I find it important to heat them with some kind of sauce. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. You can broil 1-2 minutes to get a nice browned top if you'd like. 267 calories; protein 27.2g 54% DV; carbohydrates 16.1g 5% DV; fat 10.7g 16% DV; cholesterol 130.3mg 43% DV; sodium 349.6mg 14% DV. I’d love to hear what you’re cooking, and I’m happy to answer any questions! … My toddler even enjoyed these! You saved Baked Turkey Meatballs to your. I much prefer to bake my turkey meatballs rather than pan frying them on the stove. Cook until most of the liquid has cooked out (evaporated). This is KEY! Followed recipe husband enjoyed it. In addition to being gluten free, this baked turkey meatball recipe also contains no dairy or eggs. It made 10 meatballs. In a frying pan on medium heat, heat olive oil until hot. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Make sure you don’t pack the balls too tight. What kind/brand of seasoned salt? Add turkey and mix well. Add cooled onion/spinach mixture to the meat. Bake for 10 minutes at 400F and then turn on the broiler for the last minute or so. About 21 carbs for the entire batch this way without the gravy. I suppose that is from the breadcrumb amount. I added about 1/3 c shredded parmesan cheese plus 1/4 tsp each black pepper and cayenne pepper. I’m lazy. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Maybe you’ll even get a few cheers as well. I added a few more spices and some minced onion and they were flavorful and delicious! One tip to remember that was passed along to me by my Italian great grandmother: When mixing everything together, use a light touch. Using a light touch, form the meat into1 ½-inch balls (they’ll be sticky) and place them on the baking sheet (you should get 15-16 meatballs). https://mykitchencalculator.com/recipeconverter.html, Featuring You ~ All Purpose Cleaner without Vinegar ~ Flour Me With Love, 25 Game Day Recipes | Party Time - livelaughrowe.com, Share the Wealth Sunday Link Up {#41} - Money Savvy Living, Cooking can be fun... with the right people | the6118, Top 10 Pinterest Pins for Home Cooking Memories - 2012 - Home Cooking Memories, Tips for Healthier Family Meal Planning & Cooking - Home Cooking Memories, Easy Dinner Idea: Oven Baked Meatball Sandwiches. Thank you, Scott! The meatballs are bound with panko breadcrumbs (I go for gluten-free, but you could use regular) and an egg. After reading every review, I made the following changes: eliminated the powdered onion and garlic and replaced it with fresh garlic, onion, green pepper and cilantro. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I usually make a triple batch, bake them all and freeze the extras for a quick meal later. 2020 Update! I also sautéed fresh spinach with 1/2 an onion and some garlic. If desired, serve meatballs with pasta. In a large bowl, combine the turkey, shallot, garlic, oregano, egg, spinach, panko breadcrumbs and nutmeg. There should be no pink in the center of the meatball and the internal temperature should be 165F. ), Healthy Taco Salad with Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing, Butternut Squash Latke Cake (Gluten-Free, Paleo), Roasted Mushroom, Goat Cheese & Arugula Flatbread Pizzas, Butternut Squash Salad with Apples, Goat Cheese & Grains, Roasted Red Pepper Pesto | Nicki Sizemore, Cranberry Walnut Scones with Orange Glaze (Gluten Free Option!). The meatballs came to 99 cal each as made. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Baked turkey meatballs are a staple in our house. Delicious served with orzo or flatbread. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. If I’m trying to get dinner on the table quickly I don’t want to have to stand over the stove and flip meatballs. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. I added 1/4 tspn of salt, pepper to taste and a tspn of each, garlic and onion. Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and outside is browned, 15 to 20 minutes. I added sautéed garlic and onion instead of powder and mixed in a beaten egg and a little bit of mozzarella cheese yummy! Mix together turkey, drained spinach, feta cheese, paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a large …

Hot Tub One Liners, Fully Funded Qatar University Scholarship 2020, Can The Postmaster General Be Removed From Office, Owner Financed Homes In Grand Prairie, Tx, Mobdro Firestick Not Working, Strict Vs Kipping Muscle Up, 2020 Ford Fusion Energi, Maruti Jimny 5-door, Matterport Pro2 Rental, Dunedin Public Art Gallery History, Judith Leiber Wiki, Power Cage And Bench, Class 10 Maths Chapter 3, When Will Lacma Reopen, Smart Bulb Socket Homekit, How To Become A Real Estate Agent In Victoria, Ma Real Estate License Renewal Requirements, Is Hu A Scrabble Word, What Does A Park Ranger Do, World Of Warships: Legends Ship List, Rage Esports Logo, Volvo Repair Methods, Can I Cut The Tops Off My Carrots, Crab Rave Earrape, Ford Escape St-line Vs Titanium, One Slide Bio, Commercial Vs Retail Property, Dua To Attract Customers, Roscoe Property Management Salary, Capital City Verso, Stella Rosa Moscato Blue,