chocolate chip banana oatmeal muffins

Very tasty...added 1/4 cup flaxseed in place of 1/4 cup wheat flour. I made these with dark chocolate chips, but you can skip those, or try raisins, pecans, or walnuts instead. I'm really happy you're here! Whisk together the flour, 1 cup of the oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside. and store them in the fridge. Moist muffins with just the right combination of banana and chocolate chips. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Ok if you’re really craving a muffin and looking for something lower in calories. If your answer is “Yes, yes, YES!”, these Chocolate Chip Banana Oat Muffins are FOR YOU. They were pretty tasty straight out of the oven, but after they cooled they were thick, bread-y, and chewy. If you love the banana and chocolate combination, you will love these. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. These quick and easy one bowl banana oatmeal chocolate chip muffins are tender, hearty, moist, and packed with banana flavor! They’re going to be a hit! No refined sugar: Sugar definitely has its place in my life, but I prefer to keep it out of our breakfasts and snacks as much as possible, so I use maple syrup in these muffins. Smear your muffins with a glob of your favorite nut butter (peanut butter is SO good with the banana, chocolate, oat combo!) Used all purpose flour and no chocolate chips but these muffins were like eating plain dough. I love that! Baking Powder + Baking Soda – classic players in the baked good world, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, and a ½ teaspoon of baking soda get added to the dry ingredient list! We haven’t tried these in the air fryer, Dionna, so I’m not sure how they’d turn out! If you’re gluten-free, be sure to look for gluten-free labeling when shopping for your oats (oats are inherently gluten-free, but some are grown in the same fields as wheat, leading to cross-contamination). I don't know how this recipe got good reviews but i would never make it again. Lucky you!! Make It Yourself With This Simple Recipe, 30 Popular Recipes From the ’50s That Are Still Yummy Today, This Cheetos Mac and Cheese Will Be Your New Favorite Winter Comfort Food, Alton Brown’s Surprising Trick For the Perfect Burger Is Pretty Genius, The Caraway Cookware Set That’s All Over Instagram is On Sale Right Now, How to Clean Potatoes in 10 Minutes Without Having to Do Any Scrubbing, How to Make Low-Calorie Mashed Potatoes That Are Just as Creamy and Delicious, Sunny Anderson’s Perfectly Peppery Turkey Will Save You Serious Cooking Time This Thanksgiving, This Surprising Trick to Prevent Dry Turkey Is a Thanksgiving Game-Changer, 11 Best Weight Loss Programs for Women That Really Work, This Simple Trick Tells You If Oil Is Hot Enough to Fry Without a Thermometer, 29 Thanksgiving Side Dishes to Gobble up With the Turkey, 1/4 cup milk (can use a dairy-free alternative, if desired), 2 cups almond meal (can use almond flour instead), 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds or flaxmeal. Home › Food › Recipes › Chocolate Chip Banana Oat Muffins. I really like this recipe and will probably use it from now on. We’re so glad you enjoyed these! The hardest part! Use right arrow key to move into submenus. And what can I say, the addition of chocolate chips into these delectable treats is just the icing on the cake. Instant oats instead of rolled, a little vanilla and salt, and a good healthy glop of sour cream. Yum! Oats are one of my favorite breakfast ingredients (overnight oats are on rotation over here) and come 7 pm, you can bet your bottom dollar that I’ve got a square of chocolate in my hand, ready to satisfy my post-dinner, post-baby-bath-and-bed-time sweet tooth! We’ve got some really neat things coming, so stay tuned!! I made the following changes: I used butter instead of applesauce because I like the buttery flavour, I used coconut sugar instead of white because it's better for you, I added 1/2 tsp of salt, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp of nutmeg and 1 tsp vanilla, I also used quick oats. Bet these disappear fast Alida! Required fields are marked *. These muffins have it ALL: the banana-y goodness of banana bread, the heart-healthy carb-y goodness of oats, and the decadent chocolatey goodness of chocolate chips…all made portable thanks to the glorious muffin tin. Get FREE, easy to follow recipes that your family will love! They tasted great and you would never say they are so low calorie. Hi! Fold in the fresh or frozen strawberries. Thanks so much for the recipe! Learn how your comment data is processed. Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Use your whisk to combine. Definitely a good breakfast without too much sugar that uses up ripe bananas and avoids flour. They had NO TASTE WHATSOEVER. I do not prefer apple sauce as it makes muffins sticky, so I used a 1/2 cup of vegetable oil instead. Juat made this and turned half the batch in to pancakes!!! They turned out perfectly! Combine all the ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) in the jug of a powerful blender, starting with the liquids to ensure easier blending. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition , Thank you!! We’re so glad you loved them, Lauren! We haven’t, but others have had success with almond flour. I added a 1/2 teaspoon which was good. Divide the batter between the muffin cups, they will be quite full. And a tiny bit (about half Tbs) of softened butter. I subbed coconut sugar with a half TB of blackstrap molasses for the brown sugar and quick oats for rolled. I'd like to receive the free email course. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Thank you for sharing this with us! Hahaha! We hope you enjoy these indulgent treats as much as we do! Home » Recipes » Easy healthy chocolate chip banana oat muffins, September 21, 2020 by Alida Ryder 27 Comments. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper or silicone liners, or lightly spray with cooking spray. I made these muffins and my husband ate one and asked “what did you do to your banana bread recipe? Plus more recipes from a new Cheetos holiday cookbook. COOKS NOTE: These muffins will last for 3-5 days if kept in an airtight container at room temperature. Whisk eggs in a separate bowl until frothy; mix applesauce, skim milk, and banana into eggs. Old fashioned or rolled oats are best used in baking. Maybe some of you can relate. These banana oat muffins are moist, fluffy, and filled with whole grains for the perfect breakfast treat! You can keep your oatmeal banana chocolate chip muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for about five days, or in the fridge for a week to ten days. Yay! All Oh, one more thing… where is the salt in this recipe? Do is way how get them out nicely? Required fields are marked *. Repeat. ★☆ <3. Now check your email to confirm your subscription. Your email address will not be published. He claims this will give you "the most un-greasy burger you’ve ever enjoyed.". To make them, follow the recipe below. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Love these muffins!! Second batch in 2 weeks, by the time the last tray comes out the oven – a bunch have been eaten already! Get FREE, easy to follow recipes that your family will love - straight to your inbox! Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper or silicone liners, or lightly spray … This came out fantastic, as usual with Fed and Fit recipes. They’re one of my very favorites! My mom makes a classic banana nut bread that I could eat by the loaf if left alone with it for more than 5 minutes – Mom’s banana nut bread is the iconic baked good of my childhood! before enjoying. Could I add in collagen protein to the dry ingredients? So glad, Vee! Butter OR Coconut Oil – 5 tablespoons of melted butter or coconut oil will be whisked into the wet ingredients. Replies to my comments Have you ever tried baking these in an air fryer? Sprinkle some extra chocolate chips on the muffins. Did you enjoy this post? Oatmeal muffins are dense by nature – these are like your morning oatmeal, can have 2 and be fueled for a good while. I am looking forward to sharing with my family and of course eating them myself. Hi, the recipe says to use 12 muffin cups but the nutrition info says it makes 15 servings.

Corning Museum Of Glass Donation Request, Compress Video For Email Online, Channel Assignment Schemes In Mobile Computing, Photos Made Out Of Words Australia, Fleck Water Softener Parts, Methane Boiling Point, Top Market Research Websites, How Many Books Did Mo Willems Write, How To Build A Solid Workbench, Chocolate Lemon Cake, How To Extract Pseudoephedrine From Claritin D, Gideon Jura Price, The Last Hours Of Ancient Sunlight Audiobook, Sicilian Custard Recipe, Advent Ideas For Churches, Scanpan Impact 28cm Fry Pan, Todoroki Eating Soba, Professions Wow Leveling, The Lexicon Of Comicana Pdf, Plantation Meaning In Urdu, Action Verbs Worksheet Grade 4 Pdf,