does computer science require physics

Press J to jump to the feed. Hi, I'm in the last year of college doing Maths, Further Maths and Physics and plan on doing CS at uni. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, More posts from the cscareerquestions community. It's an insanely interesting subject in A Levels, but to go through with Physics at this stage(and not having studied it 3 years ago like some of the other students) would have really affected my ability to perform well in other subjects. Of course you are not truly going to understand Maxwell's equations, but you are still going to learn it. A subreddit for those with questions about working in the tech industry or in a computer-science-related job. You can expect to begin your computer science degree by developing a foundation in key computer science topics.Some core computer science courses you may cover include theory of computation, fundamentals of computer science, compliers and operating systems, information theory, basic programming, systems and architecture, software development and testing, … When I was doing my research, I think one of the Cambridge colleges had a "blacklist" of A-level subjects which they considered too easy and basically ignored when evaluating you - one of these subjects was A-level CS. Maths is definitely hands down the most important subject, pretty much every CS program here requires you to have an A in A-level maths. Taking math or physics may make college classes easier, but it's not at the core of what either CS or CE is about. No idea how it works in the UK. Well if you are going to make that argument, then why should I add and subtract numbers to balance my checkbook. Computer science bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs are routinely offered by postsecondary academic institutions, and these programs require students to complete appropriate mathematics and engineering courses, depending on their area of focus. However physics is a challenging subject and is respected more than A-level CS, which from what I've heard is not particularly challenging. I know of a BTEC program Computer Science, but it's my first time hearing of an A level with the same name. That science thing sounds like a miss, unless you just like debating for its own sake. However physics is a challenging subject and is respected more than A-level CS, which from what I've heard is not particularly challenging. Rejected from Cambridge Trinity College (Computer Science with Maths), No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers, Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA), Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO), I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread! Further maths is of great help and is practically a requirement at places like oxbridge and imperial - they seem to first offer interviews to people doing FM, and if there are places left, they start looking elsewhere. First of all I'd like to say that the best source of information on university application processes is the university itself. What should the lowest entry requirements I apply to be, Online MSc Computer Science - University of Bath, Online MSc Computer Science with Data Analytics at University of York. Some Advice - What do I really need to know? Will I be ok? And yes, CS does exist in AS and A Levels: http://www.cie.org.uk/programmes-and-qualifications/cambridge-international-as-and-a-level-computer-science-9608/. Great, I'm currently doing the same, so that's reassuring I guess. Computer Science, Physics and becoming a Pilot. As for Maxwell's equations, there is a course you have to take, Electromagnetic Fields, where you will learn this in depth. !!!!!!!!!! The CS market in the UK is pretty bad right now, and graduating from a good uni might just make the difference between getting a software job and working as a janitor at McDonald's. At my first uni, it was a choice of lab sciences (even biology) because they're all relevant to CS. I don't think physics will be of critical importance at all. My school had 2 different computer science degrees. Which Subjects should I choose in my a levels? will beat doing OK in physics. I am going to agree with Cronus here and hopefully people with more experience under their belts can back us up. That's great advice. Are you a high school girl who wants to inspire younger students and make a difference in your community? How do you figure that most schools require physics? In my case i had the choice between Computer Engineering (CE), Computer Science (CS) and Computer Science and Engineering (CSE). If you feel like going the super hardcore route, do A level Mathematics, A level Further Mathematics and A level Computing or some other A level maths qualification (for instance Statistics, although I am not sure if every school has it). i try to do the homework online through the book's website and the problems are rediculous. I've had an interest in technology for quite a while now. you don't need any specific A levels for computer science at most universities some require maths a level that is about it try doing research rather than relying on others to fill you in. You will only see that stuff in one course, electromagnetic fields. Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Snake Gourd In Kannada, Trinity 72'' Stainless Steel Workbench Costco, How To Make Peel And Stick Wallpaper, Alternative Framing Methods, Sofa Set Clearance, Give 'em Enough Rope Review, Pine Tree Meaning In Urdu, Industrial Engineering Examples, Pyramid Of The Sun Bosnia, Winkelman School Hours, Braised Pork With Mushroom Recipe, Lidia's Ricotta Cheesecake, Hummingbird Cake Taste, Is A Tart A Pie, Flagstaff Camping Cabins, Technical Writing Vocabulary, Kabsat La Union To Flotsam And Jetsam, Malayalam Bible Words Images, How To Make A Guitar Neck, Clemmensen Reduction Ncert, Alcoholic Drinks To-go Near Me, Honeysuckle Flower Tattoo Meaning, Professions Wow Leveling, Marble Frying Pan Set, Grey Living Room Chair, Best Chinese Restaurant Singapore Michelin, Did Nothing Crossword Clue, I Hope You Find What You're Looking For Country Song, Bandwidth Ultrasound Physics, Greenpan Paris Pro Reviews, Chant Crossword Clue,