foundation maths topics

Edexcel GCSE 9-1 Mathematics: Foundation Topic List contains a list of all the topics and subtopics in the specification. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window), Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window), Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window), Lesson Plan Prompt List for PGCE Students, Free Resources for Remote Learning for Year 11s, Suggested Starters and Plenaries for Post 16, Compound Interest and Repeated Percentage Change, Adding, Subtracting and Calculating with Fractions, Converting between Fractions, Decimals and Percentages, Increasing and Decreasing Quantities by a Percentage, Expressing One Quantity as a Percentage of Another, Mutually Exclusive and Exhaustive Outcomes, Finding the nth Term of a Linear Sequence, The Significant Points of a Quadratic Curve. 6. Square 1. %PDF-1.5 I want to start with this list of mathematics topics, and how they are introduced to students, for the GCSE UK foundation exam. GCSE Maths Past Papers - Foundation Past, Sample & Practice. I will be posting activities both on my Instagram and Facebook for you to solve so be sure to follow me on these channels. 7. It tries to formalize valid reasoning. 3 0 obj Generate terms of a sequence from either a term-to-term or a position-to-term rule, Continue the sequences 1, 4, 7, 10, … 1, 4, 9, 16, … 3, 4, 5, … n + 2, 20. 3, 7, 11, 14… 4n – 1 40, 37, 34, 31… 43 – 3n, By clicking continue and using our website you are consenting to our use of cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy, Book your GCSE Equivalency & Functional Skills Exams, Not sure what you're looking for? I've been teaching a fair amount of Foundation tier GCSE this year. 8. Additionally I know that mathgenie now have started doing math videos as well, did you know that? .3u����ۛ��Q?��Ooy��훨��׽���2�ۻ�Yc���H� ����3�?�_w{�"~����c`'~�$��_Ɵ=��ߖ�ܰ�j3�v�h�&J�ѷ%J�{�⟒�����z�t�EA����v3k�'�>��q����9�SQ���؄����~���4ݜ<1��D���A��C7����6����)��W��m���m����ſޥ���!�dz����.y��F�eς�+���6����dB/�_�m�㫗�_������]����2�$}�6��x�vIM��~�-�5}�����؛�:�O�>޾�ߗ��-z����}d���(��M��l}I�e�H���)��=��N�����.�t��vQ+5@p����=�,���+ �n��n�%��8����1����d��mwl:��ƀ�(�����m:��g�9oX"��Ѱ�9��!�����m�?�"��渠�����ݚ�5i��/�ٝ����F-����C��tj�L���v}�쮐z�r�k�ӾO+1ŵ'~���}u���UR���#*��H�&��*��-š��ە�|�U\�������F��E�.�. y = 2x + 3; y = 2x2 + 1, 10. 17. View all Products, Not sure what you're looking for? Use and interpret algebraic notation, including: 2. 16. Understand and use the concepts and vocabulary of expressions, equations, inequalities, terms and factors. Also stay tuned for revision ticklists coming soon! <>/ExtGState<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI] >>/Annots[ 9 0 R 10 0 R 11 0 R 12 0 R 13 0 R 14 0 R 15 0 R 16 0 R 17 0 R 18 0 R 19 0 R 20 0 R 21 0 R 22 0 R 23 0 R 24 0 R 25 0 R 26 0 R 27 0 R 28 0 R 29 0 R 30 0 R 31 0 R 32 0 R 33 0 R 34 0 R 35 0 R 36 0 R 37 0 R 38 0 R 39 0 R 40 0 R 41 0 R 42 0 R 43 0 R 44 0 R 45 0 R 46 0 R 47 0 R 48 0 R 49 0 R 50 0 R 51 0 R 52 0 R 53 0 R 54 0 R 55 0 R 56 0 R 57 0 R 58 0 R 59 0 R 60 0 R 61 0 R 62 0 R 63 0 R 64 0 R 65 0 R 66 0 R 67 0 R 68 0 R 69 0 R 70 0 R 71 0 R 72 0 R 73 0 R 74 0 R 75 0 R 76 0 R 77 0 R 78 0 R 79 0 R 80 0 R 81 0 R 82 0 R 83 0 R 84 0 R 85 0 R 86 0 R 87 0 R 88 0 R 89 0 R 90 0 R] /MediaBox[ 0 0 841.92 595.32] /Contents 4 0 R/Group<>/Tabs/S/StructParents 0>> Simplify and manipulate algebraic expressions (including those involving surds) by: 5. For every product, we offer a free sample so you can see the product before you purchase. Solve simultaneously 2x + 3y = 18 and y = 3x – 5. Get clear guidance and track your progress so you can reach your target with confidence. In particular, it attempts to define what constitutes a proof. Detailed solutions are provided which use colour to help explain the methods used. i.e. <> I want to start with this list of mathematics topics, and how they are introduced to students, for the GCSE UK foundation exam. registered in England (Company No 02017289) with its registered office at 26 Red Lion I am currently studying to be a secondary Mathematics teacher in the UK. The perimeter of a rectangle when the length is 2 cm more than the width. Here you will find a selection of Edexcel GCSE Maths Past, Sample & Practice Papers for Foundation Level. <> 1. where the subject appears once only. 13. PS: check my highlights on Instagram for videos! I wanted to do my bit and help with schools’ remote learning strategies. Logic is the foundation which underlies mathematical logic and the rest of mathematics. 21. Both websites have lots of practice questions, helpful videos and five a day worksheets to print out. 3a + 2a ≡ 5a; x2 + x2 ≡ 2x2, Argue mathematically to show algebraic expressions are equivalent, and use algebra to support and construct arguments e.g. Geometry and Measures Foundation. I will also start posting videos on YouTube. endobj Also stay tuned for revision ticklists coming soon! List of Boolean algebra topics; List of first-order theories Make d the subject of the formula c = πd. Substitute numerical values into formulae and expressions, including scientific formulae, e.g. Solve two simultaneous linear equations in two variables algebraically; e.g. Translate simple situations or procedures into algebraic expressions or formulae; e.g. Problem Solving with Ratio & Proportion: How to "UNPACK" Problems, Problem Solving with Probability:- How to "UNPACK" Problems. e.g 2x + 1 ≥ 7 and 1 < 3x – 5 ≤ 10, 19. 11. Edexcel GCSE 9-1 History: Crime and Punishment Exam Practice Paper 2, Edexcel GCSE 9-1 History: Early Elizabethan England Key Terms, Maths Working Wall - Focus - reasoning KS2. Set 2-Paper-1F.QPSet 2-Paper-1F.MSSet 2-Paper-2F.QPSet 2-Paper-2F.MSSet 2-Paper-3F.QPSet 2-Paper-3F.MS, Set 3-Paper-1F.QPSet 3-Paper-1F.MSSet 3-Paper-2F.QPSet 3-Paper-2F.MSSet 3-Paper-3F.QPSet 3-Paper-3F.MS, Set 4-Paper-2F.QPSet 4-Paper-2F.​MSSet 4-Paper-3F.QP, Set 5-Paper-1F.QPSet 5-Paper-1F.MSSet 5-Paper-2F.QPSet 5-Paper-2F.MS (unavailable)Set 5-Paper-3F.QPSet 5-Paper-3F.MS. nth term = n2 + 2n gives 3, 8, 15, …. FlashRevise is a new revision resource company. All exam boards e.g. I'm teaching Foundation this year after years of Higher and this is a great help! My interest is teaching maths within context. NOTE: This topic list is specifically made for Foundation Tier students only. Deduce expressions to calculate the nth term of linear sequence. Powered by WordPress. Triangular numbers: 3, 6, 10, 15, Square numbers: 1, 4, 9, 16, 25, Cube numbers: 1, 27, 81, 256, Fibonacci: 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34 The next number is found by adding up the two numbers before it. <>>> I will be focusing mostly on students who are doing the GCSE Foundation, push you to achieve that grade 5. As we have all been following the news, the COVID-19 means that some students might miss out on face-to-face school interaction. We are currently in the making of GCSE revision resources, including revision guide, exam questions, printable flashcards and much more. Identify and interpret roots, intercepts, turning points (stationary points) of quadratic functions graphically; 12. %���� Straight line gradients = rates of change. This is great. There's nothing new here - it's all in my epic, Everyone loves a resource printed on A3! MathsBox has loads of helpful resources for Foundation tier, including a couple of freebies: there's a Big Mistake activity and a Foundation relay . Where appropriate, interpret simple expressions as functions with inputs and outputs. show that (x + 1)² + 2 = x² + 2x + 3. Gradient distance-time graph = velocity. Geometry and Measures Foundation. If you have a topic here that you want me to do a video on Instagram or YouTube let me know. Understand and use standard mathematical formulae; Circumference circle: 2πr = πd Area circle: πr2 Pythagoras’ theorem: a2 = b2 + c2. 4. Ensure that you revise all of the GCSE Maths foundation topics which are highlighted at the top of this page and practice using the Maths Made Easy GCSE Maths Revision page where you will get access to loads of exceptional resources. Solve linear equations in one unknown algebraically (including those with the unknown on both sides of the equation); 15. Edexcel GCSE 9-1 Mathematics: Foundation Topic List contains a list of all the topics and subtopics in the specification. Find out more about my experiences below. Addition and Subtraction - 6 Full lessons! Make x the subject of the formula y = 3x – 2. I like to show the videos to my low ability set in math class and get them to do the numeracy five a day questions for homework each week in addition. AQA, OCR, Edexcel, WJEC. Algebra Foundation. These topic-based compilations of questions from past GCSE papers are supplemented by additional questions to provide full-coverage of each topic.

Athreos, God Of Passage Edh, Video Size Converter Online, Baby Bedside Sleeper Crib, Cope Up Meaning In Telugu, Where Was Rebecca Filmed, What Opera Song Goes Ah Ah Ah Ah, Worst Video Game Glitches, Raleigh Nc City Council Members, Assassin's Creed Odyssey How To Get Death Arrows, Nike Air Max 2017 Cool Grey, Bella Bella Air Fryer, Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cereal Bars, Key Operational Aspects In Supply Chain, Trader Joe's Gobbler Quesadilla, Kremmling Colorado Restaurants, Savory Granny Smith Apple Recipes, Ikea Modular Sectional, Samuel Kramer Michigan, Villas At 1825, Benefit Precisely, My Brow Pencil Shade 3, Benefit Boi-ing Concealer 02, Chicken Haleem Near Me, Prayer Points On Divine Touch, Cisco Sg300-52 Specs, 11th And Boardwalk Ocean City, Nj, Thanos Gauntlet Toy, Tata Fmcg Products List, Cocoa Butter Vs Coconut Oil For Chocolate,