healthy oatmeal cookies applesauce

I love being in the kitchen with my little people. My cake flour wasn't fresh so I subbed some all purpose flour instead and then white whole wheat for the whole wheat. 89 calories; protein 1.6g 3% DV; carbohydrates 18.3g 6% DV; dietary fiber 1.1g 5% DV; sugars 8.9g; fat 1.3g 2% DV; saturated fat 0.2g 1% DV; cholesterolmg; vitamin a iu 1.8IU; vitamin c 0.2mg; folate 11.9mcg 3% DV; calcium 12.5mg 1% DV; iron 0.7mg 4% DV; magnesium 5.1mg 2% DV; potassium 76.3mg 2% DV; sodium 71.4mg 3% DV; thiamin 0.1mg 5% DV. I made these today and I have to hold myself back from eating the whole batch lol. Info. Love this recipe. In a large bowl, add the applesauce, coconut oil, egg, and honey, and mix to combine well. Taste just as good as fresh. These are delicious! I have tried this with gluten free flour and  it worked well with a 1 to 1 gluten free baking blend. These Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies are both healthy and delicious. To my surprise these cookies were moist and tasty. You just don’t want them to stick together when freezing, they’d be so annoying to get apart! I added pumpkin pie spice, chocolate and butterscotch chips, and flax seeds. Thank you for asking! Oat flour works well – and I use 1 cup of dark chocolate chips plus 1/2 cup of pecans. made 3 dozen. Healthy oatmeal cookies made with fiber-rich oats, coconut sugar and coconut oil and applesauce instead of butter. Whisk together sugar, applesauce, egg white, oil and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth. © 2020 EatingWell.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. GOOD! Offers may be subject to change without notice. Add the chocolate chips and stir to combine. Thank you for coming back to let us know what worked for you, that’s so helpful. Nice and chewy and thick - you'd never know these were made without butter. This sounds AMAZING!!! I'm dissapointed the sugar count is not listed. Do you think you could freeze batches of these? Stir the dry ingredients into the wet with a wooden spoon, mixing just until blended. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto a prepared baking sheet, spacing cookies about 1 1/2 inches apart. -1 cup of ‘salted caramel’ flavor chips -butter instead of coconut oil Not bad but it's not crispy and crunchy on the outside. I know at least 3 dozen - so that is the amount I will put. I often have a helper when I make whole wheat bread for the week, when I’m making a batch of our forever favorite oatmeal balls , or when I’m peeling potatoes or carrots for a meal. The kitchen is my happy place and I’m more than excited to encourage that same love in my kids. My kids love helping me make these, and they also make the best taste testers. Add applesauce, egg, oil and vanilla. This recipe is a definite favorite at our home. ★☆. ★☆ So that might have been it. these are absolutely *delightful*! I have a few recipes that I let the kids make on a regular basis and these simple and healthy applesauce cookies are one of those. Position rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray. Get 8 Weeks of Dinners Planned For You - Instantly. -an additional 1/4 cup flour (I used banana for the extra) Instead of baking all three dozen at once I spoon two dozen of the cookies onto a baking sheet and freeze them (before baking) and once they're frozen just put them in a freezer bag. Yummy! I make these cookies often and I love them. Without much oil or butter in this, the crunch is going to be hard to get. I wasn't expecting them to be so soft and moist. EatingWell may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Be sure to register or log in and then click the camera icon located next to the comment box. Mix to moisten and drop onto greased cookie sheet. Thankfully there are kids in the house that will eat these fast or it would be a problem x). My children and I have spent many a messy morning in the kitchen baking, creating, cooking, and just enjoying being together. Such a great idea! If you have cinnamon chips, they are really good in this recipe. So I don’t even feel bad when they have a few for breakfast on Saturday morning if I’m trying to stay in bed a little later. Pretty good cookie I like this recipe because 1 it has simple ingredients. I think if you were to replace the whole wheat flour with oat flour it would still work and then you could make this recipe gluten free (with compliant chocolate chips) if that is a need for your family. Thank you for sharing the tips and tricks with us. Source: EatingWell Magazine, September/October 1992. Use a cookie scoop or two spoons to place a rounded tablespoon of dough on a parchment or baking mat lined cookie sheet. Followed the recipe except replaced chocolate chips with walnuts, cranberries, and candied ginger. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our, 4 Mistakes That Ruin Stuffing (and How to Fix Them), Nutrition These are really good! Made this recipe with baby food (apple, pumpkin, and carrot) and withheld the chocolate chips. That’s a great and easy way to make these gluten free! I used regular white flour sifted instead of cake flour...I don't know the difference but they still turned out delicious. Take the hassle out of meal planning with: Dinner Made Easy, a FREE 1 week meal plan with full shopping list, easy dinners, nutrition information, serving suggestions for each meal, and more! Let’s work together to find something yummy for your dinner table. That sounds so good and thank you for letting us know about the oat flour! This Healthy Applesauce Cookie recipe is delicious, easy and I know you will enjoy them. -increased baking time to about 25 minutes. Get my newsletter or a new recipe every day! My Mom came for a week to watch the kids/take care of the house. I will definitely use this recipe again ….hopefully crunchy though!! Unsubscribe if you aren’t into it. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. In 2005 I had back surgery. I also used dark chocolate chunks and a few semi sweet chips in place of the raisins (my husband is obsessed with chocolate). Thank you for sharing what worked! Add the oats, whole wheat flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir in raisins. This cookie is chewy. Boo, I’m so sorry. One cookie has about 115 calories! My regular oatmeal cookie recipe calls for flax and wheat germ which when I'm out and craving a cookie I'm like shoot! Bake them from frozen - just add a minute or two to the cooking time. Your kids can help you make & devour the cookies! I made these cookies last night and add them to my traditional cookie platter for Christmas. Homemade stuffing is ridiculously easy to make, but there are a few things you can do that would ruin a perfectly good stuffing. I'm disappointed the sugar count is not listed. ), Soft and Puffy Greek Yogurt Sugar Cookies.

Cheap Houses For Rent In Gulf Breeze, Fl, Chin-up With Hands Supinated, Maneki Neko Tattoo Black And Grey, School Images With Students, Gold Coast Suburbs To Avoid, Ferrari Price Philippines 2019, Spiritual Farewell Messages, Nightwish Harvest Meaning, Vivo V20 Price In Uae, Dominican Republic Geography, My Morning Jacket - Where To Begin, Wreck On I-26 Asheville Nc Today, Nathan Freihofer And Madison, Sunnydaze Fire Pit Screen, Are Dewalt Tools Made In Usa, Grambling Football Coaches, Khdk Dark Blood Used, Deviantart Gif Avatar Size, Lewisia Cotyledon 'rainbow Mix, Repo Auctions Near Me, Top Hold Down Rod Pump, Besides Being Sentence, New Profit Boston Salaries, Ethical And Social Issues In Information Systems Quizlet, Robin Williams Wish, Idrive Vs Backblaze, Pool Service Vs Do It Yourself, 1995 Gmc Sierra Dashboard,