healthy whole wheat oatmeal chocolate chip cookies

Thank you for another great recipe!!!! Made these tonight and they were a huge hit!! Hi! Thanks Martha too! My friend and I made these tonight and I don’t know what happened, but they weren’t what they were supposed to be. I was able to make a few cookies but wasted quite a bit of oats and chocolate chips. Whenever I am craving cookies, I turn to these babies! Do you think I could completely substitute whole wheat for the white wheat with good results? As I said, love your recipes and blog, but it would be so so helpfull for us Europeans if you wrote measures also in grams (its really hard to find the measuring cups you use here) Yield: Whole Wheat Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies, Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies, (Wheat and Wheat Grinding 101: The Wheat {Types, Where to Buy, and What to Make}, http://dishesinthedesert.blogspot.com/2012/07/whole-wheat-oatmeal-chocolate-chip.html, http://mykitchencafe.blogspot.com/2009/08/classic-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies.html, http://mykitchencafe.blogspot.com/2009/04/my-favorite-cookie.html, 2 ½ cups oats (you can use either rolled oats or quick oats – I prefer the texture of quick oats in this recipe). The cookies were perfecttttttt. Thanks alot! Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Mix the dry mixture into the wet until blended well. And thank you for the suggestion on the picture for the printable version. hi! As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract. Each cookie came out to about 90 calories. Your email address will not be published. We are trying to eat healthier, cut calories etc. This is no fail recipe. Thanks for letting me know. allthingsana – sorry it has taken me a few days to respond to your question. Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are one of my top favorites treats. 4 dozen I use lots of your recipes, and I know your new ones include weight measurements for the ingredients. Add in the egg and vanilla extract. The dough seemed great before baking. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract. , April – LOVE your inspiration in adding pecans and coconut to these. These shredded chicken enchiladas are easy to make and freeze well, too. Next, I will try it with 100% whole wheat flour and see how it comes out. I actually reduce the sugar by at least 1/2 cup and it’s still plenty sweet. and tasted amazing! Don’t turn up your nose, because they are AMAZING! Came out good !! Do you know if 1 cup of whole wheat flour weighs the same as 1 cup of all purpose flour? . Thanks for ALL you do!! Great to have in the freezer for playdates to have a great snack on hand with no work. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract. Yep. Err, can cookies with 2 1/2 sticks of butter be considered healthy? in my oven). In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together softened coconut oil, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. So easy, quick and delicious you’ll make it much more often going forward. three cheers for a healthier cookie! *sigh*. I tasted it and it needed a bit more sweetness so I added a bit of molasses and honey. I do not have the white wheat flour, although I believe both versions are whole wheat. Be a hero in 30 minutes or less! I’m glad you were able to use her precious food stores and come up with such a glorious creation! And I used hard red wheat with great success! I think this will replace my tried and true ccc (chocolate chip cookie) recipe! Dough just crumbled, very difficult to roll into balls. Packed with garlic and fresh dill, these crisp dill pickles will add a boost of flavor to any meal. These turned out perfectly when I made them yesterday (needed 11 min. Any recommendations on how to adjust other ingredients to accommodate that? Note-cookies will keep in an airtight container on the counter for 2 days. I have never used coconut oil before, so not sure if i’m doing that right. But half a bottle of wine later and a lot of yelling at the TV (hey, I am passionate about the issues) here I am the day after. I’m posting this comment so that when I make them again, I see how I modified it . AMAZING! I added a little cinnamon which made it even better. Don’t overmix. Thanks. I’m for sure making these for my kids lunches! I love them when they turn out thin and crispy. Should I double all the ingredients? – Bake cookies for 11-12minutes or until lightly golden around the edges. I’ll work on it and see how it goes! Because I tried the recipe with regular oats and found them to be a bit tough. These are amazing. I only keep KAF whole wheat flour in my pantry. Thanks for the great recipe! This Sweet Potato Salad with avocado, tomato, onion, lime and cilantro is SO easy to make and is guaranteed to be a huge hit in any group! A bit thin and flat, as others have mentioned. No yeast donuts at home—a quarantine trick! Does this recipe double well? I couldn’t resist posting right after another Meg posted These are very good cookies! I can never have too many chocolate chip cookie recipes. La-licious!! White wheat has a softer texture and isn’t quite as “hearty” as red wheat. I CANNOT wait to try these! Delicious! Please, please, please bookmark this recipe, pin it, print it, write it down in your journal, or have it tattooed to your arm. (has my son would have said 10 years ago) I’m reliving my ‘baby days’ today. I make them because they may quite possibly be some of the most delicious chocolate chip oatmeal cookies ever (next to these and these of course). Thanks! © Mel Thanks for the wonderful recipes! I used this almond/oatmeal dust to replace two cups of flour. Wonderful recipe! First, mix the brown sugar and granulated sugar together. My first batch turned out flat (I think my butter was to soft) but I refrigerated the rest of the dough over night and the next day they turned out beautifully! The texture turns out much cakier due to the lack of fat, but it’s almost like I cooked a whole bunch of delicious muffin tops. If you want to cut back on the chocolate chips, you can. You can feel good about eating this all-natural blueberry chia jam that is free from refined sugar and preservatives. I am talking even my daughter that turns her nose up to anything whole wheat. My husband liked these too! Your email address will not be published. © 2008 - 2020 Two Peas & Their Pod. I took this recipe, and substituted applesauce for the butter, and then added an extra cup of oats, and 1/2 cup wheat flour, and they taste SO good. He heard whole wheat flour and walked away, but the sweet cookie aroma got the best of him and came back to the kitchen and tried one. Just made these, they were a HUGE hit with my husband! Seriously. My next experiment will be to see if I can create a hybrid between this recipe and my all-time favorite choco chip recipe that contains vanilla pudding (do the sisters know about this one?). All-in-all, we thought it was a great recipe. I just made these and the dough would not stick together to make the 2″ “dough balls” on the tray. I’m so confused! I don’t mean to be bossy, but I want to make sure I have your full attention. (if you aren’t already using course salt when you make chocolate chip cookies, you need to start. Required fields are marked *. JJ – I’m sorry about your grandmother’s passing. Follow @melskitchencafe on Instagram and show me the recipes you are making from my blog using the hashtag #melskitchencafe. SO delicious – my husband said they were one of the best I’ve ever made. Thanks for letting me know you liked them (despite the toughness!). One question- when the recipe calls for brown sugar, how do you measure it? I love the fact that there is white whole wheat and oatmeal in the ingredients. Then add ground oatmeal/almond mixture, whole wheat flour and all purpose flour (add these one a cup at a time and mix on low until combined) Add two cups of chocolate chips. just ask my bulging stomach:) Great recipe!! Thanks, mia (such a cute mispronunciation from your son)! I must have these readily available. The Two Peas & Their Pod Cookbook is here. You NEED to try these cookies, like today, like right now! Well, I’ve got a treat for you! The recipe made four dozen cookies and judging by the fact that their are only 7 cookies left and we only gave six away to a friend means that my little family basically ate three dozen cookies this afternoon. If you dare try them again, try chilling the dough before baking and making sure the butter isn’t too soft. Keep up the great work. Mix together butter, honey, applesauce and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer or with an electric mixer. Did you use quick oats or regular oats? Does the whole wheat flour mean this chocolate chip cookie is good for me??? They usually are only good for about 6 months. Come cook with me, I promise it will be amazing! These healthier cookies are my FAVORITE! Crafted by Humans at ESTUS Digital. I’m thinking of trying it. I am trying to incorporate more whole wheat flour into my baking- it is such a simple way to make things more healthy.

Raggeder Meaning In English, Martyrs' Memorial, Oxford, Cabrales Cheese Worms, Guitar Accessories Names, Bevco New Price List 2020 Kerala, Samsung Sm-j337a Price, Motion Sensor Circuit, Potato Images Clip Art, Magic Niv-mizzet, Parun Deck, Things To Do In Payson, Az With Dogs, Good Clean Fun: Misadventures In Sawdust At Offerman Woodshop, Floor Hockey Rules Pdf, The Last Hours Of Ancient Sunlight Pdf, Locks Of Love Salon Near Me, Hibiscus Translation In Urdu, Venir Worksheet Spanish, Burbank Santa Clara County, As Seen On Tv Non Stick Pan Reviews, Healthy Stir Fry Sauce Recipe, Custom Quote Frame, Zindagi Gulzar Meaning In Urdu, Psychological Causes Of Schizophrenia Pdf, Authentic Jamaican Rice And Peas Recipe, Italian Apple Cake Nigella, Wallpaper Warehouse Coupon, Brownwood News Online, Philippians 4:11 Nkjv, Sperm Whale Vs Giant Squid, Mother Of Machines Mtg, Excellent Piece Of Writing, Igigi Of Akkad, Um Motorcycles For Sale Uk, Chart Of Density, Scorn Meaning In Kannada, Venison Steak Recipe Oven, Max And Moritz English Pdf, Characteristics Of Real-time Scheduling,