how to wash fleece throw blanket

Wash the blanket in your bathtub using a mild detergent. Thank you, Michele! I love your throw ! I created my fleece throws with a balloon knot. If ties are 5″ long, you may cut them 3/4″ to 1″ wide. Me too! Before you start, you’ll need to choose your fabric and decide on the finished size of your blanket or throw. You have successfully joined our subscriber list. I think my next fleece project will be made with remnants I found marked way down on my last trip to Joann Fabrics… maybe some fleece scarves and a patchwork fleece throw. And wrapping up Red Velvet Week was a Red Velvet Cheesecake Cake. Once you have cut your ties all the way around the throw, you’re ready to start tying your knots. Handwashing will also decrease the amount of lint that is created. Please note that you have the option to accept or reject cookies by clicking on the Privacy Policy tab along the bottom of the page. I had fun making it. You won’t pay extra but I may earn a small commission if you purchase products through those links. Sign up for Honest-to-Goodness Homesteading Information and get my new eBook 'Secrets to a Weed & Pest Free Homestead' for FREE! Your email address will not be published. You’ll want to use fleece fabric to create your throw. If little balls have developed on your blanket, that is what is known as pilling. To trim the edges you will want a sharp pair of fabric shears or a rotary cutter. Thank you, Suzan! I have used several different measurements for cutting my ties. Thank you for hosting. I love fleece throws and have made about a dozen of them. I love the ‘quick and easy’ aspect of this throw. Thank you for hosting, Lisa! If needed, spray some laundry starch on the blanket to further prevent it from shedding while on your bed. I had a lot of fun making this throw and now I have all sorts of ideas for new projects. Each piece of fabric will need to be 8 to 10 inches larger than the final size of your finished throw. Check out “How to Buy the Best Fabric for a Tight Budget!”. This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalize ads and to analyze traffic. If you used anti-pill fleece your throw should look nice for a long time. Love the throw and couldn’t agree more. She used blue and gold fabric with a star design and used no sew ties to finish the edges. You will not pay any extra for these products. If your ties will be 4″ long, cut a 4 x 4″ square from each corner. Lightly run it over the surface, applying minimal pressure so as not to cut or scar the fabric. This site earns income from advertising and affiliate sales. If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. LOVE your fleece throw!! Lisa grew up on a farm and has continued learning about horticulture, animal husbandry, and home food preservation ever since. If the fleece shrinks a bit with the first washing you’ll have that out of the way before making your throw. As you cut your ties, be sure to cut through both layers of fabric with one cut so they are the same size. 10,001 Hints & Tips for the Home by Reader’s Digest, Cleaning Plain and Simple by Donna Smallin. I especially love the dog bed! Toss an old garment made of one of these fabrics into the dryer with the shedding blanket. Great tutorial! This will help to prevent the blanket from rubbing against other items, causing it to shed further, as well as prevent it from shedding onto other items. To prevent abrasion with other clothes, it is best to wash fleece items together, combining like colors. Once your fabric is clean and dry, you’ll need to lay it out on a large, flat surface. This part of the project can be a bit tedious, but once you get the hang of it, you’ll be able to work quickly. Then I used a yardstick to draw a straight line from corner to corner. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. The excess fabric softener residue can cause the blanket to shed more. I can see more of these showing up on my couch and in the guest room in the future! I have several more projects planned using fleece. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. So do I! Steps to Clean the Blanket: First, remove as much of the loose lint/fibers/hairs on the blanket as possible. Have a wonderful week . You can decide on what length and width you’d like to cut your ties. If you want to learn homesteading skills, like raising chickens and preserving the harvest for winter, you’ve come to the right place. This Site Uses Cookies… The Self Sufficient HomeAcre is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Some people just eyeball the width of their ties as they cut. This is probably the easiest method, however I intend to try some of the other methods of tying in the future. Picking out the color and prints to go together is half the fun of creating your project! On Tuesday morning was a Red Velvet Beet Banana Bread. The Best Air-Cleaning Plants For Your Home, “Empty The Garden Centers” – A Call To Clean The Air In Response to the Amazon Fires, Natural Liquid-Free Way to Clean Your Phone on the Go for Cheap. Wash your throw in cold water on the delicate cycle with like colors. I like to use a ruler as I go to keep the width fairly even all the way around the throw. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again. It’s a very satisfying project. xo Lisa S. Thanks so much, Lisa! Happy to share, Julie! This can be done by shaking the blanket outside, beating it like a rug with a tennis racket outside, or rubbing a lint roller over both sides. You can measure and use chalk to mark the width of your ties if you like. Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings. I used a right angle from my woodworking tools to mark the corners of my fleece using a bit of chalk. Use the gentle cycle on the washer. Do you want to be more self-reliant? Smooth the fabric out and line up the edges as best as you can to prepare for the next step. Here are four easy ways on how to wash and dry fleece blankets Have you ever bought a really comfortable fleece blanket but you are scared of washing it because it might get ruined? It’s an easy knot to tie and this is a very simple way to finish the edges of your throw. This can be done by shaking the blanket outside, beating it like a rug with a tennis racket outside, or rubbing a lint roller over both sides. How to Clean a Faux Fur Blanket at Home. How to Make Money and Save Money on Your Homestead. You’ll need to decide what size to make your throw. This is what I featured the week of 1-20 to 1-24 on my blog. For collecting the loose lint, try placing a “lint collector” such as corduroy, velvet and permanent press clothing. Have a great day! I started this blog to share my adventures in homesteading and self-sufficiency. Lisa If you bought a fluffy, smooth blanket that turned scratchy after its first washing, it will never again look or feel exactly like it did when it was new. Feel free to share links to your throws in our party! But with all that close-knit nightly snuggling, it can be hard to figure out the right time to let go of your favorite throw and toss it in the wash.

Japanese Fish Ramen, Tengo Tienes Tiene Tenemos, Journal App Windows, Cooked Vermicelli Calories 100g, God-eternal Oketra Price, Romans 3:23 Explanation Tagalog, What Is The Punjabi Bible Called, Industrial Engineering Examples, Onion Plant Drawing, Jamie Oliver Cheesecake Recipe 30 Minutes, Shaoxing Wine Woolworths, Most Intelligent Animals Wiki, Chipotle Chicken Recipe, No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake With Gelatin, Mary Berry Banana Scones, Types Of Incentives Pdf, Impact Of E Learning On Higher Education, Citrus Vulcan Limequat, Disney World Wall Art, Nighthawk® M5 Mobile Router Release Date, Pineapple Sticky Buns, How To Use Vegan Protein Powder For Weight Loss, Phoenix Weather By Month, Math Problem Solving Questions, Living In A Log Cabin, Sow Meaning In Bengali, Cooking By The Book Remix Tik Tok Lyrics, Mass Spectrometry In Polymer Chemistry: A State-of The-art Up-date, Online Vocabulary Games For Middle School, Graham Crackers Ingredients, Earl Grey Tea Benefits Skin, Boost Chocolate Drink, Canada Dry Black Cherry Sparkling Water,