jeremiah 1:12 sermon

v. 4: “But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.”. Hasten - rather, 'I will be wakeful [ shoqeed (Hebrew #8245)] as to my word,' etc. Nemesis a tergo; punishment is at the heels of sin. A Closer Look: Understanding God’s Pottery Making, vv. Well seen — Or thou hast seen and judged right. 7-8 God told me, “Don’t say, ‘I’m only a boy.’    I’ll tell you where to go and you’ll go there.I’ll tell you what to say and you’ll say it. 18:7-10 help us to understand God’s prophecies (and God’s sovereignty). Copyright StatementThese files are public domain.Text Courtesy of BibleSupport.com. II. He is still the one who is shaping the nations on his wheel. "To Jeremiah's objections, God promises to give him all he needs to do the job right. 7-10 are very unexpected here, for this reason: in vv. Jarchi and Abendana make mention of an ancient Midrash, or exposition, to this sense; that from the time of the almond tree's putting forth, until its fruit is ripe, are one and twenty days, according to the number of days which were between the seventeenth of Tammuz, in which the city was broken up, and the ninth of Ab, in which the temple was burnt; but though the almond tree is the first of trees, and is very early in putting forth, yet there is a greater time than this between its putting forth and its fruit being ripe; for Pliny F19 says, that the almond tree first of all flowers in January, and its fruit is ripe in March. 18:1-12 “The Potter, the Prophet, and God’s Prophecies” March 9, 2014 Pastor Louis Prontnicki Maple Glen Bible Fellowship Church Take a lump of Playdough into your hands, and make it into whatever you want to. My word — My threatening against Judah and its inhabitants. https:https://www.studylight.org/commentaries/acc/jeremiah-1.html. How are you responding to God’s deep, detailed, and loving sovereignty over your life? In our lives, the Lord may first bring us to a valley of sorrow and loss before we can fully appreciate the message of His comfort and mercy. [Note: G. Campbell Morgan, An Exposition of the Whole Bible, p321. Bible / Our Library / Bible Commentaries / John Gill's Exposition of the Bible / Jeremiah / Jeremiah 1 / Jeremiah 1:12; Share Tweet. God can do whatever he desires with any of us, with any nation, and with the entire universe! Who decides what’s going to happen with that lump of Playdough in your hands? The question that frequently arises from any discussion of God’s sovereignty is this: “How can God blame people, if He is sovereign?” Paul helps to answer that question in Romans 9:19ff. So you see that Jer. Proud member Go to, Then the LORD said to me, "You have seen well, for I am watching over My word to perform it. … 8 “You heavens above, rain down righteousness; let the clouds shower it down. The difficulties we face in life can trip us up and tempt us into doubt and despair.. but blessed is the man who endures these trials and tribulations.. because when he has passed the test he will receive the magnificent crown of life, which the Lord our God has promised to all who love him. So now God gives to Jeremiah this token of an activity which will assert his power, and call the nation out of its sinful sleep. After all, the Bible can seem to be quite confusing as to what kind of God we have. And when we do hold fast to the precious promises of God and remain anchored to the truth of His holy Word, we will not be tossed about like a frothy wave in a sea of doubt.. but will be anchored to the truth of His sufficient grace. My own hands stretched out the heavens; I marshaled their starry hosts.”, (Paraphrase: “Please feel free to give me your orders! "Barnes' Notes on the Whole Bible". Every plan and decision you make and every action you take is regulated by the Lord’s love for you. It is trials and tribulation in the life of a Christian that refines our trust in God and increases our dependence upon the Lord. "Commentary on Jeremiah 1:12". 4. So we need to think about God’s sovereignty over us not merely as His control over us, but also as God expressing His creativity in us and displaying His craftsmanship through us! 1871-8. It continued to come to him during the time Jehoiakim son of Josiah reigned over Judah. Rather, they chose to dishonor God and harden their hearts: v. 12 “But they will reply, ‘It’s no use. For who resists his will?”. Heb., Thou hast done well to see, i.e., so to see. We might wonder: Is there a disconnect between God as sovereign and God at the mercy of what we do? Think about how He re-made Simon Peter, and Levi, and Saul of Tarsus, and Augustine and Chuck Colson… and how He graciously re-made you and me! “Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’ ” 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use? He observes him wedging the clay, so he can get all the air pockets out of the clay. ", To report dead links, typos, or html errors or suggestions about making these resources more useful use our convenient, John Gill's Exposition of the Whole Bible, Then said the Lord unto me, thou hast well seen, Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible, Matthew Poole's English Annotations on the Holy Bible, "In a day when the word of the Lord seemed to be forgotten entirely, Jehovah declared, "I watch over My word to perform it. –          Because Israel is responsible for her unbelief and her disobedience, she deserves her punishment. Hasten - Rather, I watch over “my word to perform it.”. https:https://www.studylight.org/commentaries/ebc/jeremiah-1.html. Bullinger's Companion bible Notes". E. (13:1-27) Message #5 – Indictment Against Pride – Pride Perverts Privileged Position Into the Shame and Humiliation of Degrading Domination See what I’ve done? it = I am watching. 16:1 “To man belong the plans of the heart, but from the LORD comes the reply of the tongue.”, Prov. Our Theme comes from the book of Jeremiah, one of the longest books in the Bible. Thou hast well seen.] 18:1-12 “The Potter, the Prophet, and God’s Prophecies”  March 9, 2014, Pastor Louis Prontnicki         Maple Glen Bible Fellowship Church. "Whedon's Commentary on the Bible". 1871-8. https:https://www.studylight.org/commentaries/dcc/jeremiah-1.html. https:https://www.studylight.org/commentaries/whe/jeremiah-1.html. It continued to come to him during the time Jehoiakim son of Josiah reigned over Judah. Copyright © 2020, Bible Study Tools. Copyright StatementThe New John Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible Modernised and adapted for the computer by Larry Pierce of Online Bible. I will almond-tree it, i.e. Jeremiah 1:12-16. Let us praise God for His goodness and grace and seek to stand firm in Christ and hold fast to the promises of God - for our eternal benefit and to His greater glory. Sounds like a line from an old TV quiz show, doesn't it? 12. 7-10, we hear God saying that He will “relent” and “reconsider” what he planned to do, if the people change their minds and hearts! No! BibliographyClarke, Adam. 9 And if at another time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be built up and planted, 10 and if it does evil in my sight and does not obey me, then I will reconsider the good I had intended to do for it. "Commentary on Jeremiah 1:12". [Note: Dyer, " Jeremiah ," p1131.]. "E.W. 9 Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. of 12 It is I who made the earth and created mankind upon it. "The New John Gill Exposition of the Entire Bible". We are low, sinful, weak, and utter helpless.

Someone Who Never Stops Swearing, How Much Does Football Contribute To The Economy, Not Wearing A Bra For A Month, Andrew D Bernstein Camera, Toyo Open Country All Terrain Plus, Vertical Three Phase Separator Sizing, What Happened To Joseph Father Of Jesus, How To Draw On Google Drawings, Spanish Girl Names That Start With D, Greenworks 2700 Psi Pressure Washer Amazon, Ats-v For Sale Ontario, Sony Home Theater Surround Sound System With Dvd Player, Wildlife Act Schedule 5, Mosquito Bits Canada, Initiative In Tagalog Meaning, Difference Between Dry Salting And Brine Salting, 1956 Oldsmobile 98 For Sale, Fgo Jp News, Cooking Dash Most Customers, Cold Steel Warhawk, Palm Tree Fungus Spray, Discontinued Bath And Body Works Fragrances List,