jethro sunday school lesson

Would you check in with our Lord and ask Him to reveal the motives of your heart, and give you the help you need to both manage your home well and find that place of peace and joy that should characterize our lives in Him? A good leader is courageous, self-controlled, fair, decisive, and organized. Moses listened to all that his father-in-law, Jethro, had said and then Moses did what Jethro had said. One telltale way to identify pride as the motivation? Pray. Glue the circles onto the background, beginning with the largest circle. Afterwards, Aaron and all the elders or leaders of the people went to eat a meal with Moses and Jethro. Jethro suggests to Moses that he needed to put others in charge of listening to the people's problems because Moses was sitting at the tent all day. We enjoy rattling off the, Two loads of laundry (washed and folded!). (1 Timothy 1:5), The few words on this page are intended to act as a help and an encouragement to all those who have influence. (Point to area). Offer burnt offering and other sacrifices to God. ���q`=�)A��2'���ڗ�R������a��� ��w�U s+^y������oc�.������`���,�RY�����Afœ��'7�%�~un6$i�&I!����{[ INTRODUCTION. Are you in a place today of feeling burdened, overwhelmed, and exhausted? So Jethro offered a burnt offering to God. (I used blue. ; Place of Action: Rephidim Golden Text: “And thou shalt teach them ordinances and laws, and shalt shew them the way wherein they must walk, and the work that they must do” (Exodus 18:20). Mt. 49 0 obj <>/Filter/FlateDecode/ID[<623DDDB1FAB1C0BB127F3D4C68941A71><81BF75A72A9ED742A093BE9A5218D707>]/Index[23 45]/Info 22 0 R/Length 120/Prev 127946/Root 24 0 R/Size 68/Type/XRef/W[1 3 1]>>stream As you focus on exactly what tasks are YOUR responsibility, s. tep into Jethro’s shoes and assess the situation. Jethro's idea was to set these men over different numbers of people in groups of 1000s, 100s, 50s and 10s. The circles represent the number of people that were judged by a capable man. The next day, the children of Israel came to Moses with questions and problems and, like he had been doing, Moses helped the people all day from morning to evening.Iin fact, there was always a long line of people needing Moses' help with their problems. Praise be to the Lord What did Moses and Jethro do in verse 12? Both places are fairly close to each other. What makes a good leader? Always striving to teach them God’s Word in a simple and forthright manner, may our children remember these lessons for a lifetime! Write "1000" around the largest circle. Would you say Jethro was a believer and follower of God? ), Write "50" around the next smallest circle. 2:18, 21; in Exodus 2, Jethro goes by the name “Reuel”). endstream endobj 24 0 obj <> endobj 25 0 obj <> endobj 26 0 obj <>stream h��Vko�8�+��j��o;��Ǵ���V�])ʇ2m$ (�R��{�S(��2e��P�}}��:�$�3Ό`Byf$�2��4�V3cX��\pU-����83a��� cLjn��LZ3�˼�Z3k���Y������Q����p��sZ,-��ٷv;��T�묦�� ���r^C6 �2L%��L��L5y�L m��T�x��It�?�F�S���I4����2�0�La��=�.sL����������?��F�E��fT.��vg;�q>��s>� �0�T�`/[\���C��r��F�%��Φ����a�[>%-�����ZHo=�'\�ϲY1]����]Ud����撩8"�u6ˣ�n�1����ú���Ct]V�lD��S> �lZ�;��i�x4���?��&\R%��bQ�U��V,!n�!��Z�$���j0�^Rn�I^�������4���˺Z�t&�]~ �i>���n�aT��W�"Z���M_�E(��jrGI��/aD��J��+0#�&���� �\�Y�)�Ra{0yl���>�V Lesson - Miriam And Aaron Forgot God's Ears, Lesson - Sin Makes A Difference In The Camp. ), Write "Moses" on the smallest circle. Others of us need to hear the message from Jethro and figure out a way to. That evening Moses, Aaron and Jethro went to a special place where Jethro had made an if we refuse or don’t want help because we either want the task done our way (the right way, of course!) Whether we are mothers, grandmothers, aunts, neighbors, or Bible teachers, what a responsibility we have as Christian women to teach our children the Bible! %%EOF Your job may not be judicial, but you find that cooking, cleaning, grading, washing, weeding, scrubbing, baking, and a zillion other “-. He said that Moses should search and find capable, trustworthy persons who respect God, men of truth and honesty. And those long waits in t. he hot desert sun probably meant even more cases arose that needed to be settled! �c�7Ɯ��5��H�O�C�(� Moses had sent his wife and two children back to Jethro for a time and Jethro had heard about all the good things that God had done for Moses and for Israel and how the LORD had delivered Israel from the hands of Pharaoh. (I used green. h�T��n�0���Q��f�"cr���ޥ�z ����y�ܻn�[�'a;��s0(. Yes. Sinai. Jethro had sent word to Moses telling him that he, Zipporah, Gershom and Eliezer were going to come for a visit and had camped at the mountain of God. He told Moses to listen to him and God would be with him. (I used orange. Jethro was happy for everything good that had come to the Israelites and said that now he knew that the LORD God was greater than all the little gods. Moses had married one of Jethro's daughters named Zipporah and they had two sons named Gershom and Eliezer. working. 67 0 obj <>stream Sunday, September 27, 2020. Rephidim is where the Amalekites from last time fought the Israelites. %PDF-1.5 %���� Sunday School lesson planned Dinner in the crock-pot Baked five loaves of bread Read aloud to the children Scrubbed the bathrooms Mopped the floors Check, check, check. Horeb is where  is where the water came from the rock that Moses struck. I went through my kitchen, found bowls and lids and traced each circle with a pencil on a different color of paper. This Moses post includes the lesson outline and discusses Jethro visiting Moses in Exodus 18. all rights reserved, When Jethro, Moses’ father-in-law, came to v. Moses was arising early and serving as the judge for the people – hearing cases, settling disputes, and making decisions to dole out justice – from dawn to dusk. h�b```f``�a`e`8� Ȁ �,@Q�{��Y$�����-~(Б�=��T��y��z�10w � VG\/��P����ϰO�W�Ć#�!�Y��������n���%Hۭ��YY���xh�1�~n��@��������� �g0 P�+� Lesson: Exodus 18:13-26; Time of Action: 1445 B.C. BOOK TO REMEMBER: Review all 39 books of the Old testament until everyone knows them. ” demand your hours and rob you of peace and joy in the course of a day. Horeb. The over-working may be the result of failing to plan; when we don’t have a plan for delegating tasks, it may just feel easier to jump in and do it ourselves. Some of us are natural-born Bible teachers…, More importantly, if we don’t teach them, who will? ����ۛl���|Yl�gE��{Y�ثy��3{�H��c>Z���Ť~X���}�i��Cs�������� Pass out the piece of 9" x 12" paper. Moses said that the people come to me to ask an answer from God when they have a problem and I make them know the commandments of the LORD. (I used green. This printable lesson plan is designed to teach preschool aged children about the story of Moses and the Desert. Materials needed:  On 9" x 12" piece of construction paper, five other smaller different colors of construction paper, stencils of different sized nestled circles, a pencil, scissors, and crayons. It could be used in any setting with children age 2-5 at church, including a preschool Sunday School class or a preschool children’s church class. He had found a job taking care of sheep for a man who was a priest named Jethro. He told Moses to just handle the really big issues. Do you need to do some delegating to your children? ), Write "10" around the next smallest circle. This is the background. Some of us need to get with it and do the work. Moses, Holiness, Listening, Will of God. or we want all the praise for it. h�bbd```b``�"A$��rD2-�h��X�����`q0[L�����`�XM!��;6?DjfIƠ/`�Pi�"�[�j�"� ��~``�pX������� 5.i endstream endobj startxref When Moses heard that, he went out to meet his father-in-law, he was happy to see him and took him back to his tent and told him all that God had done to Pharaoh and the Egyptians and everything that had happened to them. He had run south towards this area right here on the map. over children in the home or in the Bible class. Ask the Lord to help you discern what you need to keep doing and what you need to release. It was easier on Moses' health and he would be judging the people from morning til evening every single day. https://childrensbiblelessons.blogspot.com/2014/05/jethro-has-great-idea.html Lesson - Camping At The Bottom Of Mt. help save the Israelites and it says in verse 9 (Jethro was delighted to hear about all the good things the Lord had done). This will be where the title is written. Some of us struggle with laziness and idleness, while others wrestle with. Take a look at the distance from Rephidim and Mt. If your life is frenzied and stressful, take a moment to breathe deep. The story of Jethro is a story that begins much earlier than Exodus 18—in fact, Moses’s relationship with Jethro began all the way back in Exodus 2, when Moses met and married Jethro’s daughter Zipporah (Ex. Moses was very glad that his father-in-law believed in God. An accumulation of teaching methods, ideas, songs, and activities is offered freely to you in hopes that we may teach our children the Bible…and the Bible only. The students will trace five different sized circles that fit into each other. After completing this Sunday school lesson, the children will learn that God desires to communicate with us and how important it is for us to listen..

How To Build A Network For A Small Business, Hummingbird Moth Australia, Tamarind Paste Price, Chip Pan Tesco, Persimmon Season 2020, Tea Png Icon, Group Coaching Questions, Moon Mantle Temperature, Bed Head Totally Baked Discontinued, Foods That Improve Brain Function, Roland Once Upon A Time, Dog License Linden Nj, Cisco 881 Price, Is Acca Recognised In Canada, Recipes Using Rao's Alfredo Sauce, Global Cities Index 2019, Beans And Ricotta, Ooredoo 5g Apn Settings, Orange County Police Officer Salary, Espresso Con Panna My Cafe, Archaeological Meaning In Bengali, Morton Water Softener Cleaner, Technology That Starts With K, Blueberry Cream Cheese Cake, Military Chemist Salary, Wickenburg Zoning Map, Colonial Power Meaning In Urdu,