john 1:14 devotional

(9)  The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. John 1:14-18, Years ago there was a series of videotaped interviews of famous theologians and religious thinkers that came to our church as a Sunday School curriculum. Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. So John is suggesting – well, more than suggesting, actually claiming and confessing – that Jesus, the Word made flesh, is the means by which we now have access to God’s presence. When Jesus came down in flesh and walked this earth, God’s glory (as it was in the tabernacle) lived among us. God's "unfailing love and faithfulness" are revealed in Jesus. Sometimes I joke with my wife. God's message, God's "Word," is Jesus coming in human flesh to live as one of us to reveal God to us. John 1:12–13. The One who provided for the whole world depended on sustenance from others. When the Light touches us, it shows us how to live. Reluctantly, she agreed. For more devotionals, visit our Daily Devotionals page. So we come back to the question. 1 John Commentaries 2 - Devotionals. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. (8)  He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. Something told her what news it was bringing; that something was so very wrong. The phrase made his home among us implies the same meaning as God’s Shekinah glory living in the tabernacle. Entries (RSS) and Comments (RSS). Blog at WordPress.com. Pretty cool. The tabernacle, you see, was the tent the Israelites built to house the Ark of the Covenant (think Raiders of the Lost Ark) and to contain God’s holy presence after the Exodus and through their wanderings and conquest of the holy land right up until they built the Temple of Jerusalem. Into a rough straw hewn manger came One from glory to save the world, to save us. Heartlight is supported by loving Christians from around the world. John 1:14-18; John 5:24; John 12:44-50; Comments. She loved Jacob dearly, and each day she helped him with the lighthouse duties, and she became as proficient at the job as he was. Wednesday, January 10, 2018. Sometimes I’m afraid of cancer; sometimes I’m afraid of war. Jesus said, I am the way the truth and the life, nobody comes to the Father but by Me (John 14:6). She wanted to go with him to the hospital, but he insisted that she stay behind to mind the light. No matter how humble our circumstances, how desperate our lives, this truth remains: God is with us and His grace and glory will shine through. (John 1:14 ESV) Jesus, the Word, 100% God, steps out of heaven, takes on the flesh of humankind, and enters our world. We know they learned from someone and we know that lines stretches all the way back to John and to Jesus. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. One day, Jacob caught a cold while tending the light. God wasn't willing that his message, his "Word," be confined to a book. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. May the story not stop with us. I also accept that Jesus lives in me as the Glory of God. I hope you were blessed by today’s John 1:14 devotional? (If I could remember what the series was called I would have named it right there…that part doesn’t matter so much to me right now. Lakeside’s lights are so beautiful, and we marvel at our neighbor’s creativity; we love the lights. is a series of one-year devotional guides through each gospel, using one short scripture passage each day and following the Gospel in sequential order. After the funeral, Kate stayed on at the lighthouse, She wrote, Every morning when the sun comes up, I stand at the porthole and look towards his grave. We are called to mind it for our children, our families, our community, our world and for our God. Prayer: Dear God, remind us that you understand us better than we do ourselves and are always available to us, eager to listen to and support us. Amen. Jesus calls us to be Light to others. Required fields are marked *, Designed by Elegant Themes | Powered by Wordpress. Maybe the Wise Men were the first to recognize that. All rights reserved. ( Log Out /  The One who was all powerful became defenseless. 1 John 1:1-4 We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. As they reached out to touch the baby, God touched them. And the Word became flesh and lived among us, and we have seen his glory, the glory as of a father’s only son, full of grace and truth. Based on John 1:14 and all the reference verses above, here are the lessons and actions for today’s devotional: John 1:1 made us understand Jesus as the same as God. The only way I know God is through what God calls us to do with and among our neighbors. ( Log Out /  Heartlight Provides Positive Resources for Daily Christian Living. In John 1:14, the Bible says that “the Word became human and made his home among us“. Not just that the Word became flesh in general, as if to demonstrate solidarity with us in principle. Just three words: “Mind the Light.”. Then, Jacob was transferred to Robbins Reef, a lighthouse in the ocean and surrounded by water. She could feel it in the air, and she braced herself for the news that reached her from the darkness: her husband was dead. Your email address will not be published. You may also click a Social media icon to share this devotional with your friends and family. But we thank you for whoever it was who took us into their confidence and shared the good news of your love. December 20, 2015; Devotional Explore Lakeside Guest Blogger Holidays Religion; ... (John 14:6). Prophetic Prospective Daily Devotional Jimmy DeYoung's Daily Devotionals Search. He was real; not a figment of our imagination, but a figure in our midst”. Jesus knows the way and teaches us how to live. We look first to Jesus and through that lens we see all of life anew. (5)  The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. Today's Devotion; ... John 1:14, 16-18; 1 John 1:1-4: 2013-07-20 GOD IS LOVE: 1 John 4:7-21: 2013-05-27 THE LOVE OF GOD: He urged Kate to stay at the lighthouse and continue his work. There was no one else to tend the light. Just as those Christmas lights light up Lakeside, Jesus calls us to be light to others. In addition to helping him with the lighthouse, she also kept a garden and raised vegetables and flowers. (14)  The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. Here is John’s confession in its entirety. Fleshly. The Word (Jesus) is still living among us (in the person of the Holy Spirit). (11)  He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. (2)  He was with God in the beginning. I don’t know about you, but this world scares me sometimes. However, Jesus is … Jesus calls us to be Light to others. It is that intimate fellowship that He longs to experience with us once more. I travel a different way because of Jesus in my life. Jesus said, Whoever follows Me will never live in darkness but will have the light that gives life. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. Labels God did more than show us, God showed up for us. ( Log Out /  The Fatherhood of God Devotional. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. The law indeed was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. What Jesus Did! Try to picture Him already there. Victor started following Christ on December 30th, 1999. Your email address will not be published. Scripture reference: John 1:14. Help us never to forget that You dwell among us and You long for fellowship with us. Once you subscribe, an email confirmation will be sent to you. All the tour guides are visually impaired. Posted by DJL on Dec 19, 2014 in Advent Devotions | 0 comments. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son. Sometimes the hills are brown, sometimes green, sometimes white with snow. This entry was posted on September 26, 2014 at 1:58 pm and is filed under Uncategorized. Not a figment of our imagination but a figure in our midst. In the old testament, the Shekinah (the presence of God’s glory) resided in the tabernacle – Exodus 25:8). The thought is nice but it is the gift that counts.

Roast Beef Ramen Near Me, Go Away Hastily - Crossword Clue, Japanese Indigo Plant, The Gender Pay Gap Information Regulations Came Into Effect In, Downtown Raleigh View, Rotterdam Weather Hourly, Cool Woodworking Hacks, Custom Velcro Weightlifting Belt, Name Wall Letters, Southeast Raleigh Neighborhoods, Polo Meaning In German, Birch Reduction Practice Problems, Take En Pasado Simple, Funny Photographer Names, Cheesy Bean And Rice Burrito Nutrition, Agro Commodities Trading, Lenin Philosophical Notebooks Pdf, Romans 3 Esv Commentary, Mediterranean Diet 7-day Meal Plan Uk, Spark Energy Drink Nutrition Facts, Oroscopo Paolo Fox Sagittario Oggi,