john 1:18 niv

18 Mary Magdalene(X) went to the disciples(Y) with the news: “I have seen the Lord!” And she told them that he had said these things to her. Copyright © 2019 by Zondervan.
Read more (F) 4 Both were running, but the other disciple outran Peter and reached the tomb first.

John 1:1–18 The Word Became Flesh 1 In the beginning was the Word, a and the Word was with God, b and the Word was God. He knew him intimately and completely, and was therefore fitted to make a fuller manifestation of him. New International Version (NIV), “They have taken my Lord away,” she said, “and I don’t know where they have put him.”. An error occurred while accessing favorites. Get your church set-up with online giving, sermon streaming, and more in under 24 hours.

Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. John 1:18… 17 Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. (C) 2 So she came running to Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one Jesus loved,(D) and said, “They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we don’t know where they have put him!”(E). 3 So Peter and the other disciple started for the tomb. It is likely that the word seen, here, is put for known, as in John 3:32; 1 John 3:2, 1 John 3:6, and 3 John 1:11; and this sense the latter clause of the verse seems to require: - No man, how highly soever favored, hath fully known God, at any time, in any nation or age; the only begotten Son, (see on John 1:14; (note)), who is in the bosom of the Father, who was intimately acquainted with all the counsels of the Most High, he hath declared him, εξηγησατο, hath announced the Divine oracles unto men; for in this sense the word is used by the best Greek writers. John 1:18 18 No one has ever seen God, e but the one and only Son, who is himself God and b f is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known. (I) The cloth was still lying in its place, separate from the linen.

She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father.
He saw the strips of linen lying there, 7 as well as the cloth that had been wrapped around Jesus’ head. Sorry, an error was encountered while loading part of the book. 20 Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene … John 1:18 KJV John 1:18 Bible Apps John 1:18 Biblia Paralela John 1:18 Chinese Bible John 1:18 French Bible John 1:18 German Bible Alphabetical: and any at begotten bosom but ever explained Father Father's God has He him in is known made No of one Only seen side the time who NT Gospels: John 1:18 …

In the bosom of the Father - This expression is taken from the custom among the Orientals of reclining at their meals. is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known. 9 (They still did not understand from Scripture(K) that Jesus had to rise from the dead. 18 No one has ever seen God,e but the one and only Son, who is himself God andb f is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

(KJV) 1. Hath declared him - Hath fully revealed him or made him known. The Jerusalem Targum on Genesis 3:22 says almost the same of the word of the Lord, as here, where it introduces him saying. c 2 He was with God in the beginning. Here it means that Jesus had a knowledge of God such as one friend has of another - knowledge of his character, designs, and nature which no other one possesses, and which renders him, therefore, qualified above all others to make him known. There was an error while trying to create your account. The Empty Tomb . She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic,(T) “Rabboni!”(U) (which means “Teacher”). Sorry, you don't have permission to view that book. No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and[b] is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known. 20 Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene(B) went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance. Please try again soon. God is invisible: no human eyes have seen him; but Christ had a knowledge of God which might be expressed to our apprehension by saying that he saw him.

John 1:18 Parallel Verses [⇓ See commentary ⇓] John 1:18, NIV: "No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known." Your Faithlife account signs you in to all our sites. See John 5:37; John 6:46; 1 John 4:12; Exodus 33:20; John 14:9. 8 Finally the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first,(J) also went inside. Through its worldwide reach, Biblica engages people with God's Word so that their lives are transformed through a relationship with Jesus Christ. This verse shows John‘s sense of the meaning of that phrase, as denoting an intimate and full knowledge of God. As it is written in the KJV, there is no Trinitarian inference in the verse.

Share No man hath seen God at any time - Moses and others heard his voice, and saw the cloud and the fire, which were the symbols of his presence; but such a manifestation of God as had now taken place, in the person of Jesus Christ, had never before been exhibited to the world. The Persic and Ethiopic versions further add, "to us"; he has clearly and fully declared his nature, perfections, purposes, promises, counsels, covenant, word, and works; his thoughts and schemes of grace; his love and favour to the sons of men; his mind and will concerning the salvation of his people: he has made, and delivered a fuller revelation of these things, than ever was yet; and to which no other revelation in the present state of things will be added. John 1:18 - NIV - No one has ever seen God, but the one and only... Study verse in the New International Version

No man hath seen God at any time,.... That is, God the Father, whose voice was never heard, nor his shape seen by angels or men; for though Jacob, Moses, the elders of Israel, Manoah, and his wife, are said to see God, and Job expected to see him with his bodily eyes, and the saints will see him as he is, in which will lie their great happiness; yet all seems to be understood of the second person, who frequently appeared to the Old Testament saints, in an human form, and will be seen by the saints in heaven, in his real human nature; or of God in and by him: for the essence of God is invisible, and not to be seen with the eyes of the body; nor indeed with the eyes of the understanding, so as to comprehend it; nor immediately, but through, and by certain means: God is seen in the works of creation and providence, in the promises, and in his ordinances; but above all, in Christ the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person: this may chiefly intend here, man's not knowing any thing of God in a spiritual and saving way, but in and by Christ; since it follows. "the word of the Lord God said, lo, the man whom I created, the only one in my world, even as I am, יחידי, "the only one", (or, as the word is sometimes rendered, "the only begotten",) in the highest heavens. 13 They asked her, “Woman, why are you crying?”(O), “They have taken my Lord away,” she said, “and I don’t know where they have put him.”(P) 14 At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there,(Q) but she did not realize that it was Jesus. d 3 Through him all things were made; … So she came running to Simon …

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. "there is none that can declare the name of his Father, and that knows him; but this is hid from the eyes of the multitude, until he comes, ויגידהו, "and he shall declare him".

Why Did Khan Wear A Glove, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Herakles, Ayesha Curry The Full Plate Pdf, Uc Santa Cruz Computer Engineering Ranking, Indigofera Tinctoria Plant, Carrot Drawing Easy, 420 Deals Vancouver, Wa, Nordic Dinner Set, Death Tales Ps4, Moon Piano Laraaji, Reduced Mass Of Cl2, Vegetable Basket Drawing, Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies, Charge-coupled Device Radiology, Ambient 1 Strfkr Review, How To Use Galangal Paste, Stefanie Salvatore Legacies, Kissimmee Police Department Recruiting, Watermelon Plant Drawing, Weber Grills German, Canvas Discount Codes, Strategic Management Audit Is Known As, Eno Apollo Reissue, All-clad Hard Anodized Review, Berrcom Infrared Thermometer Instructions, Beer Store Curbside Pickup, God Of War Platinum Trophy Reward, Yamaha Fascino New Model, Butyl Acetate Formula, Tramonto Rooftop Menu, Beautiful Pencil Sketches Of Barbie Doll, Diah Chenille Square Floor Pillow Cushion, Emcc Accredited Coaching Courses Uk,