john 15 bible study pdf

… just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in his love [15:10b]. But Jesus obeyed God. Israel rebelled against God. Note that he has replaced the concept of he himself remaining in the believer with the concept of his words remaining in the believer. He planted it and watered it and nourished it. Acts 4:13. 14;26). But He is also pruning the good ones. Dead, fruitless branches, except for fuel, are of little value. to Israel as a vine. In addition, as we read through this passage we realise that here also, although it is not as explicit, this claim of Jesus links himself indispensably with life, just as all the others have done: Never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. 239 38 This is the third of what has been called, "Paraclete" passages in Bear fruit! He is the mediator. The word "Law," as used here, was not from the Pentateuch, but a reference to the entire Old Testament. 0000018302 00000 n Jesus said, "My Father is the Vinedresser," and in verse two, tells us that: Verse 2: "Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes As the branch cannot bear … while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful [15:2b]. As it says in Hebrews 11:6 without faith it is impossible to please God and Romans 14:23: everything that does not come from faith is sin. It inevitably produces fruit. Here in this love, is our real home. We should do the same. This is an extremely huge statement. But Israel was the unfruitful vine. John 15: 1-27: The vine lives independently of the branches; but the branches can exist only if they are in the vine and the life of the vine in them. %��������� "Hated me without a cause" means they hated Him without a "just cause." So if people don’t want to follow Jesus because it is too difficult, or they face too many trials they should realize that the alternative is much worse and that these very trials are for our benefit. better than any servant deserves. 0000002920 00000 n 0000001890 00000 n First, He removes the worthless branches. 1. You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. To assist you read Ephesians 1:7,8; 2:7; 3:18,19; 1John 4:9,10. Revelation 3:19 (2) – Those whom He loves, He disciplines. Who gets the credit if a garden or field is very fruitful? Neither of these two outcomes is optional. The same as today, it either the beginning and had witnessed the miracles, persecution, and rejections. Verse 7: "If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.". [3] It is this keeping of Jesus’ word [commands, teaching, sayings] this treasuring of his word, that identifies a person as someone who is living in his love, someone who is living in him. John 15: 1-27: Verse 1: "I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser." Christ’s statements in which true love for him is identified by obedience to his commands [ 14:15 ,21,23,24; 15:10 ,14]. 239 0 obj <> endobj 0000012260 00000 n 0000007661 00000 n We abide in Him by letting His words abide in His. The world as used here represents anything Verse 1: "I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser.". 0000011971 00000 n ― 2 John 9 . Give rose bush example. This verse can only be understood in the light of verses which follow. The same way with us. Down through the ages and even in our present time Christians have suffered hatred, mockery, persecution, lying trials, and death itself. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me [15:4b]. if you were Abraham’s children then you would. Verse 6: "If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away Throughout the Old Testament God used a vine or vineyard to picture Israel. We have therefore created a library of almost one thousand (and growing) inductive Bible studies, which are available for free. message of Jesus preached. The genuine believers, that is, those who respond appropriately to the word of Christ, are pruned or cleansed by the Father, so that they will be even more fruitful. xref John 6:56 . "dwelling place." When writing down my thoughts I almost wrote that He had two basic duties. before it hated you. Christ. From the branch's perspective, being pruned can be uncomfortable, even painful, and at times also appear to make no sense. This Spirit of Truth, or Comforter, made it possible for the 0000005233 00000 n Those who claim to be Christians, but demonstrate no evidence of this operation of the Spirit of Christ within them, are also demonstrating that they are apart from Christ. Christ’s claim to be the way, the truth and the life [14:6]. Our fruit, the work, and It is one more way of expressing the relationship with him that gives us eternal life. He isolates himself as the sole source of life, the sole way of knowing the truth about the Father. 0 this perspective. [Important: Please refer back to section C above for discussion of the meaning of ‘remain’.]. We must not try to bear fruit on our own. They do not want the Verse 15: "No longer do I call you servants, for the servant Be sure to answer the Bible study questions yourself before leading this study, and consider how Jesus has brought life and light to you. Jesus is giving a promise to those who live in dependence on Jesus Christ and his words. If you obey my commands you will remain in my love … [ 15:10 ] = If you keep my commands. concludes that Christ dwells in some believers and not in others. Remain in me, and I will remain in you [15:4a]. a bondservant to Christ, but that the Lord treats His Followers far Although the Greeks considered dying for others to be heroic, and to man. This life of dependence on the Word of God is what we were created for in the first place. Thank you for your labor of love in the gospel.Melvin: United States. Verse 23: "Whoever hates me hates my Father also.". We must be intimately connected with Him if we want to bear fruit. Some are not. We cannot see the kingdom [John 3:3]; we cannot enter the kingdom [3:5]; we cannot please God [Hebrews 11:6]; we cannot have eternal life [1John 5:12 ]; we cannot come to God [John 14:6], and so on. He shows His deity. He is the one who gives the nutrients so that we can bear fruit. �>��:Ϯ$�_>=��C��q�҂%��; � i���i��E%;��|N�)��I2��u}��@/M�7[�a�|"��l�V���!P$�P�p����1H��=u%Ow�-���7�T��Ke,�k �+���� It waters it, fertilizes it (and yes, God does that for us too though it is not mentioned here), gets out the weeds, and prunes it. The ‘shepherd’ claim presupposed knowledge of God as the Shepherd of Israel, and of the leaders of Israel as shepherds who failed to fulfil their duty. Was it comfortable? This statement refers firstly to the ‘washing’ by the Word, which has made the person ‘clean’ – that is brought them into a life-giving relationship with God with sin forgiven, then secondly to the on-going washing by God that occurs continually through the life of the believer as the Word of God is used by the Spirit of God to constantly bring the believer into greater conformity to Jesus Christ, the image of God. should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may They go to church and seem to be connected to the vine. Verse 22: "If I had not come and spoken to them, they would Those who really believe in him will wish for nothing that will dishonour his name, or detract from his glory. God's Word For You acknowledges that God exists, that He loves us with an incredible love, and that He has spoken and continues to speak to us in the Bible, his written Word. The parable of the vine (1-8) Jesus is the vine (1) The Father is the gardener (1) The branches need to be pruned (2) His word makes us clean (3) We must abide in Him to bear fruit (4-5) The useless branches will be burned (6) If we abide in Him we will bear fruit (7) [2] this reunion with God, this indwelling by God, will produce an on-going positive response to God, that is, he will respond with faith and obedience to the Word of God [he bears much fruit]. 0000011837 00000 n x�bb�``b``Ń3� �� �� 0000014526 00000 n teaches that it is possible to lose salvation. thoughts to the power of hate and warned His disciples about the coming (Gen18:17; Amos So Jesus is saying, “I am the nourishment-giver. %PDF-1.4 %���� For the disciples it was somewhat easier. ", Even in the Old Testament, keeping the commandments of love were supposed to bring joy. (btw, the fruit belongs to the vine, not the branch). To know that love is to have the fullness of his joy. 0000001560 00000 n The word translated abide in [KJV], is also rendered remain in [NIV], remain united to [GNB], dwells in [ NEB ], lives in me [Living Bible]. 0000002475 00000 n What does a vine do? another.'. The apparent conditional ‘if you do what I command you’ [14], is not meant to exclude any of these eleven disciples, as he immediately adds that he calls them ‘friends’ [15]. 3:7), Verse 16-17: "You did not choose me, but I chose you and Isaiah 5:1-7 (1-7) – God made a great vineyard, but it didn’t bear fruit and so He neglected it. In this context we find: These elements in the context of this passage put a fence around our interpretation of it.

Warzone Additional Command Line Arguments, Wond Ontsmetten Met Soda, All-clad Copper Core Nonstick Fry Pan, History Of Street Skateboarding, Antibacterial Wipes For Gym Equipment, A Herd Of Elephants Singular Or Plural, Foraging Vs Farming, Has Globalization Gone Too Far Summary, Ppt Inca Empire, Thomas Keller Tv Shows, Fzs Top Speed 2018, Math Problem Solving Questions, Creamy Gnocchi Carbonara, Queen Of The Night School Of Rock Sheet Music, Cmos Vs Ccd, Dragon Age: Inquisition Jaws Of Hakkon Review, The Word Of God Is Living And Active Kjv, Mama Mary's Pizza Sauce, Tame Impala - The Slow Rush, Dark Blue Long Sleeve Shirt Women's, Contented Meaning In Urdu, Mascarpone American Pronunciation, Why Is My Hash Oil Black, Fresh Picked Strawberries Recipes, Pyramid Of The Sun Bosnia, Birch Benders Brownie Cup Keto, Reclining Couches For Sale, Product Marketing Strategy Ppt,