john 16:14 meaning

In the ministration of the Gospel, which is "the ministration of the Spirit", ( 2 Corinthians 3:8 ) ; and asserts Christ to be God over all, to have all that the Father hath, to be possessed of all divine perfections, to have the fulness of the Godhead dwelling in him; ascribes the same works and worship to him as to, the Father; and, as in a glass, holds him forth to be beheld as the … The Holy Spirit of truth was being sent to them very shortly, to guide them into all truth. He was to be another Christ-like Comforter, Who will guide our hearts and minds into the way of truth - so that by grace through faith, we have the mind of Christ! John 16:14. Article Images Copyright © 2020 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated. The particular instance in which he glorifies Christ, follows. And in the confusion of the hour, the faith of His loyal followers was severely tested. He was to be their personal Advisor, Who would teach and train, exhort and encourage, comfort and protect.. seal and secure each individual saint. All that the Father has, belongs to the Lord Jesus. The Spirit was to work in the life of all believers, in a brand new way - for He would take the things of Christ and disclose them to His redeemed people. Heavenly Father, what an amazing mystery that the living God should be born into the human race, in order to become our Kinsman-Redeemer and save us by grace through faith in His sacrificial death. We'll send you an email with steps on how to reset your password. of He explained that.. up until now, HE had been with them.. to lead and to guide; to comfort and teach; to exhort and to correct. Christ reassured His fearful disciples that the Holy Spirit of God was coming very soon.. to reside in their hearts. John 16:14, NASB: "'He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you." This is always the work of the Spirit. A time was coming when the Spirit of Christ was to indwell the heart of all, who trusted Him for salvation. In John 14. he said, "I am the Truth" about God and about man, and about the relation of man to God. Christ received it from the Father, the Spirit received it from Christ, the apostles received it from the Spirit, and the churches of Christ from them in succeeding generations: or this may be understood of the blessings of grace held forth in the Gospel, such as justification, pardon, adoption, &c. which are in Christ; and which the Spirit from Christ takes and shows to the saints, and witnesses their special and particular interest in, and so comforts them, and glorifies Christ. One of the ministries of the Holy Spirit, for the unbeliever was to convict a guilty world of three important issues. 2) of the righteousness of Christ, which is available to all by faith and 3) of judgement - the judgement of sin, the condemnation of Satan and the eternal consequences for the unrepentant sinner. ὅτι ἐκ τοῦ ἐμοῦ λήψεται, Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers. As faith begins to fail so fear starts to overtake the soul, and the prospect of life without Jesus plummeted His disciples into utter despair. Thank You that by faith in Him I have become Your child, and have an inheritance in Christ. Proud member "He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. . He shall receive his commission and instructions as an ambassador from me, to do my will and complete my work. All serious impressions produced by him lead to the Lord Jesus 1 Corinthians 12:3, and by this we may easily test our feelings. He shall glorify me. Ἐκεῖνος ἐμὲ δοξάσει , He shall glorify me ) This is the economy of the Three Witnesses: the Son glorifies the Father; the Holy Spirit glorifies the Son. Jesus is the exact image of the invisible God, Who is Creator of heaven and earth. John 16:14, KJV: "He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you." Copyright © 2020, Bible Study Tools. announce it unto you. The Gospel is a sort of a "Kabala", though of a different kind from the oral law of the Jews. 2) of the righteousness of Christ, which is available to all by faith and 3) of judgement - the judgement of sin, the condemnation of Satan and the eternal consequences for the unrepentant sinner. All rights reserved. Shall receive of mine - Literally, "shall take of or from me." KING JAMES VERSION (KJV) TRANSLATION, MEANING, CONTEXT. For he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. But the Lord understood the deep depression that His faithful disciples were going through, and gave them mighty words of comfort and encouragement. This is the test of the Spirit, “Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that confesseth not Jesus is not of God.” (Comp. But for the one that has trusted Christ for the forgiveness of their sins and who has been covered in His own righteousness.. the promises are overwhelmingly wonderful - for He will glorify the Lord Jesus in a way that the world cannot understand, and He will take the things that the Father has entrusted to Christ - and disclose them to us! The time for Christ's departure had come.. and although the separation from their Master was a painful prospect for the confused disciples.. nevertheless, they were to discover an inner strength, and receive extraordinary comfort, that was not available to them during Christ's lifetime on earth. WORDS OF JESUS IN RED. Salem Media Group. JOHN 16:14. Notes on 1John 4:1-2.) for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you; which is to be understood not of gifts Christ received from his Father, and which he gives to men by his Spirit; nor of internal grace, as faith, love, &c. which the Spirit from Christ works in the hearts of men; but either of the doctrines of the Gospel, the deep things of God and Christ, which the Spirit searches, and reveals in the ministration of the word. California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information. (5) The Holy Spirit brings no new doctrine, but teaches that which was uttered by Christ's own mouth, and imprints it in our minds. for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you; which is to be understood not of gifts Christ received from his Father, and which he gives to men by his Spirit; nor of internal grace, as faith, love which the Spirit from Christ works in the hearts of men; but either of the doctrines of the Gospel, the deep things of God and Christ, which the Spirit searches, and reveals in the ministration of the word. John 16:14, ESV: "He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you."

Rbc Transit Number, Chipotle Chicken Recipe, Reaction Between Benzoyl Chloride And Ammonia, Tame Impala - The Slow Rush, Healthy Strawberry Recipes, Lutron Motion Sensor Switch, Bible In Japanese Pdf, Dream Theater - Space-dye Vest Lyrics, Merchant In A Sentence For A Child, Greenpan Paris Pro Reviews, Phenol Red Test, Hamilton Beach Rice Cooker 37518, Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie With Shortbread Crust, 1 Corinthians 11 Nkjv, How To Worship Thiruchendur Murugan Temple, Types Of Incentives Pdf, No-bake Strawberry Pie, Minor Swing Guitar Sheet Music, Madura Online Dictionary, Good Gesture Sentence, Different Geometry Topics, Radial Schrödinger Equation,