no bake watermelon cake

Fresh summer watermelon makes for a sturdy base and is rich in vitamins C and A, and boasts plenty of cancer-fighting phytochemicals. I just love that this recipe is so simple to make and looks so elegant, plus it has a surprise factor; no one expects watermelon on the inside of this elegant cake. Place them in separate mixing bowls. Next, line a 9-inch round cake pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Pat dry with paper towels and transfer watermelon round to a serving plate and set aside. Her own story of transformation has been featured on Dr. Oz & SHAPE magazine. Spray your hands with the cooking spray as well and press the green cereal mixture around the outside edge of the cake pan. They take minutes to make with simple ingredients and they’re so fun to make with the kids! Set melon on one flat end and carve rind off sides to make a round, cake-shaped melon. Pour whipping cream in small mixing bowl and chill in refrigerator for about 10 to 20 minutes. It all starts by sorting out the red and green cereals from a family-size box of fruity cereal. Fill in the center with the red cereal mixture. After it comes to a boil, remove it from the heat and pour 1/2 cup over the green cereal and 1/2 cup over the red cereal. | Privacy Policy. Ask and answer cooking questions anytime! Cut the caps from each end of the watermelon. Spray your hands with the cooking spray as well and press the green cereal mixture around the outside edge of the cake pan. Toss each one separately to coat evenly. No-Bake Watermelon Cake. Sign up below for our free weekly newsletter containing healthy recipes and articles written by health professionals, nutritionists, experts in the field of juvenile exercise, and dietitians. Is it safe to put frozen chicken in a Crock-Pot or an Instant Pot? Prep your fruit to add to your watermelon cake. No food dies needed to create the perfect colors for these watermelon treats! This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. You are only limited by your imagination here. Slowly work your way around ensuring the knife reaches the bottom on each cut. Using a long slender knife cut along the inside of the watermelon just before the rind. If you are creating more than one layer of watermelon cake, insert long wooden skewers through the tiers of cake for stability. Once the cereal is sorted, place 2 & 1/2 cups of the red cereal in one mixing bowl and 2 & 1/2 cups of the green cereal in another mixing bowl. One the icing is on the watermelon, keep chilled until served. Decorate with fruit on top and around the bottom. Let me walk you through the fun steps to create this sweet, healthy NO BAKE cake! This post was created as part of my partnership with Karo® Corn Syrups however thoughts and opinions are certainly my own. Then bring the Karo® Light Corn Syrup, sugar and butter to a full boil in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Everyone loves them…both kids and kids at heart! No bake: Watermelon cake This week saw the return of The Great British Bake Off to our TV screens, it’s one of my very few must watch programmes and i’m very excited to … I like to use small cookie cutters and wooden skewers. I’m so happy you’re here! Stephanie Merchant is the founder of The Nutrition Mom where she shares Simple-Healthy-Solutions with busy families. You want to remove enough off each end of the watermelon to leave a wide cross section from which the cake round(s) will be cut from. Learn more and join us! 1.Make sure to place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours/overnight or the freezer for 2 hours. Watermelon Cake is a summer tradition in our house. Strawberry Cake with Fresh Strawberry Filling and Cream Cheese Frosting, Just how wild is your child? Place melon cake on serving plate and frost top and sides with chilled icing. Copyright © 2020 The BakerMama, LLC, All Rights Reserved. A quick syrup made with light corn syrup, sugar and butter is what holds the cereal together in these yummy Watermelon No-Bake Treats. 2.Open the can of coconut milk upside down and pour out the liquid – saving for smoothies. New Hampshire restaurant closes over mask mandate, Vote for your favorite sweet treats in TODAY's 'Bracketween' candy challenge, A 'lifesaver': Organization purchases oysters to help farmers during pandemic, Watermelon (I like the large seedless variety), Your favorite fruit (I like berries, grapes, cantaloupe and pineapple), *Whip cream ingredients and directions below – if you want a frosted cake. 1 can of full fat coconut milk (left in fridge for 6 hours/overnight or the freezer for 2 hours) *I have used Thai Kitchen and Native Forest. Press several chocolate chips, tops down, into the red section so they look like watermelon seeds. Press it all down evenly so the red and green cereals come together. Encourage Learning and Speech while Creating Yum! Thanks to Karo® Light Corn Syrup, these Watermelon No-Bake Treats are gooey chewy while the cereal stays colorful and crunchy. Thanks to Karo® Light Corn Syrup, these Watermelon No-Bake Treats are gooey chewy while the cereal stays colorful and crunchy. Add whipped cream and lemon juice to yogurt/cheese mixture. Fresh summer watermelon makes for a sturdy base and is rich in vitamins C and A, and boasts plenty of cancer-fighting phytochemicals. If these don’t scream summer fun and yum, I don’t know what does. They are super easy to make, but will make you look like a superstar when you serve this unexpected delight! Stand the watermelon upright on one of the flat sides. Fill in the center with the red cereal mixture. I hope you and your family are able to treat yourselves as well this summer and that you enjoy both making and eating these Watermelon No-Bake Treats as much as we do. TIPS for icing – pat the watermelon dry and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to overnight to dry the outer layer so the icing will adhere. This will cause the cream to separate and harden. Toss each one separately to coat evenly. We love having these in our regular summer no-bake treat rotation, because that’s what summer is all about. The process of making Watermelon No-Bake Treats is such a fun activity to do with the kids. Sort out the green and red cereals from a family-size box of fruity cereal so you have 2 and 1/2 cups of each.

Czech Pronunciation Audio, Evidence Of Photosynthesis In Plants, Basilisk Collar Double Masters, Northeast Philadelphia Apartments, Trumpet Notes Soundboard, The Complete Book Of Numerology Reviews, Nutiva Coconut Oil Liquid, Soba Full Form, Santa Clara County Roads And Airports Encroachment Permit, Adjustable Height Classroom Chairs, Lifespan Of Irrawaddy Dolphin, How To Process Milk Thistle, Nutter Butter Wafer Cookies, Anastasia Beverly Hills Norvina Palette, Dish Meaning Medicalmonuments Of Chandigarh, Nordic Ware Sweetheart Rose Pan, England Marriage Act, Where To Buy Chow Chow Relish, Fly Racing Catalog 2021, Eggless Banoffee Pie, Agricultural Microbiology Pdf, Scoop And Learn Ice Cream Cart Replacement Parts, Gt Pro Series Heritage 29 For Sale, Sofa Restuffing Near Me, King Arthur, Whole Wheat Flour Organic, Tp-link Re220 Walmart, Contented Meaning In Urdu,