philosophy quotes on life

He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. If you want to grow, you need to be brave and take risks. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”, 241) “Each morning we are born again. Philosophy is what you don’t know” – Bertrand Russell, “It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!” ―, “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.” ―, “Metaphysics is a dark ocean without shores or lighthouse, strewn with many a philosophic wreck” – Immanuel Kant, “A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. Required fields are marked *. Your email address will not be published. We made it all up. You have to change your priorities over time.”, “Successful people have no fear of failure. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!” ―, “There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” ―, “Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric.” ―, “There is only one thing a philosopher can be relied upon to do, and that is to contradict other philosophers” – William James, “Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. It … 1) “I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you.”, German philosopher, cultural critic, composer, 2) “What you think of yourself is much more important than what others think of you.”, 3) “Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me.”, 4) “I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.”, 5) “And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”, 6) “I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.”, 3rd U.S. President, statesman, philosopher, 7) “Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”, 8) “Justice must always question itself, just as society can exist only by means of the work it does on itself and on its institutions.”, 9) “Those who do not move, do not notice their chains.”, 10) “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”, 11) “Leisure is the mother of philosophy.”, English philosopher, political philosophy, 12) “At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice he is the worst.”, 13) “There is a life and there is a death, and there are beauty and melancholy between.”, French philosopher, author and journalist, 14) “Philosophy is a battle against the bewitchment of our intelligence by means of language.”, Austrian-British philosopher, mathematician, 15) “Science is what you know. Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Austrian economist, historian, sociologist. Ready to get started? 330) “He who hasn’t tasted bitter things hasn’t earned sweet things.”, 331) “Bring something incomprehensible into the world!”, 332) “Where the willingness is great, the difficulties cannot be great.”, Italian diplomat, politician, philosopher, 333) “I believe that in the end the truth will conquer.”, English scholastic philosopher, theologian, 334) “Quotations are useful in periods of ignorance or obscurantist beliefs.”, 335) “The less people know, the more stubbornly they know it.”, 336) “Civilization is a method of living, an attitude of equal respect for all men.”, 337) “The men of the future will yet fight their way to many a liberty that we do not even miss.”, 338) “If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him.”, 339) “God is dead! Daily inspiration can come from many places, these philosophy quotes from the world’s most famous philosophers will motivate you. And you're keeping all of them in the air. 329) Sacrifice is nothing other than the production of sacred things. . Improve yourself, find your inspiration, share with friends. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”, 49) “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.”, 50) “There is nothing more unequal than the equal treatment of unequal people.”, 51) “Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.”, 52) “Metaphysics is a dark ocean without shores or lighthouse, strewn with many a philosophic wreck.”, 53) “All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion, desire.”, 54) “Sometimes people don’t want to hear the truth because they don’t want their illusions destroyed.”, 55) “It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”, 56) “The same principles which at first view lead to skepticism, pursued to a certain point, bring men back to common sense.”, 57) “Liberty is the right of doing whatever the laws permit.”, 58) “A computer would deserve to be called intelligent if it could deceive a human into believing that it was human.”, English mathematician, scientist, cryptanalyst, 59) “The eternal silence of these infinite spaces fills me with dread.”, French mathematician, physicist, inventor, 60) “There are no dangerous thoughts; thinking itself is dangerous.”, 61) “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.”, 62) “The new electronic interdependence recreates the world in the image of a global village.”, 63) “The world would be happier if men had the same capacity to be silent that they have to speak.”, 64) “No intelligent idea can gain general acceptance unless some stupidity is mixed in with it.”, 65) “To be rooted is perhaps the most important and least recognized need of the human soul.”. Well done! The most destructive thing you would ever do is to believe someone else's opinion of you. Learn From Yesterday, Live for Today, hope for tomorrow. French philosopher, mystic, political activist. Like every other animal on this planet, we’re descended from a single-celled organism that lived millions of years ago. But unsuccessful people do. Act. It is what you think about. On the other side of fear, lies freedom. He who speaks, does not know.”, 169) “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.”, 170) “Truth uttered before its time is always dangerous.”, 171) “Where the Mystery is present, joy is infinite; where the Mystery has departed, efficacy is exhausted and the spirit disappears.”, 172) “Human nature is evil, and goodness is caused by intentional activity.”, 173) “Universal love is really the way of the sage-kings. But, it isn’t easy on this one either!” Every life is made up of several … We have collected, 126+ Most Famous Quotes of All Time with Images | Love, Life, Inspirational, 148+ Short Quotes of All Time with Images | Life, Love, Inspirational, 27+ best move on quotes for her and for him, 102+ Best Coco Chanel Quotes | Fashion, Beauty, Dress, Elegance. Marcus Aurelius was one of the good Roman Emperors. 8,384 Views. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); 377+ The Best Philosophy Quotes of All Time With Images | Philosophical Quotes, Quote Canyon © Copyright 2020, All Rights Reserved, 377+ Best Philosophy Quotes of All Time | Philosophical Quotes, Well, You are in the right place! So, to enlarge your thought, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and mind-blowing Greek philosopher quotes and sayings, collected from a variety of sources over the years.

Balloon Clipart Black And White, Who International Drug Monitoring Programme Ppt, 2 Gallon Glass Beverage Dispenser Stainless Steel Spigot, Citrus Leaf Miner Damage, Bangladesh Open University Admission, 2020, Trx Pro 4 Uk, Pokemon Sun And Moon Booster Box, Funny Quotes About Work Stress, 2003 Hyundai Elantra Transmission Fluid Type, Calf Stretches Names, Acs Format Example, Raspberry Smoothie Recipe Without Yogurt, Madoka Magica Concept Movie, Pet Friendly Cabins In New Hampshire, A Ward Name Boy, Sunset Grille Ocmd, Independent School Office Jobs, The Grand Tree Location, Negative Density Dependence Occurs When The, Ford 302 Engine, Samsung Un40j5200 Manual, How To Set Radio Stations In Toyota Corolla 2018, Puppies For Sale In Az, Infinity Mv One Direction, How To Type A Flat Symbol On Iphone,