phrasal verbs with meaning

Give ownership or responsibility to someone. When do we ever see the "commander" on xcom game? No one STUCK BY him when the scandal became public. They FILED FOR divorce after two years of marriage. They are TEARING UP the old part of town to build a new shopping centre. I tried to GET IN WITH them as I thought it would help me at work. Distinguish, be better than or different from others. He CALLED the speaker ON several mis-statements of fact. We split up a few months ago but GOT BACK TOGETHER last week. They STUCK the bank UP and stole tens of thousands. Dispose, get rid of, ignore because you no longer like something or someone. They MELTED the gold statue DOWN and turned it into gold bars. Consider all the possibilities and outcomes of a situation. Everyone was keen at first, but the enthusiasm PETERED OUT when they saw how long it would take. A lot of people are SPONGING ON the state by claiming benefits they're not entitled to. Example 2: The boss is going to hand out a list of responsibilities to everybody today. It took me ages to BRING him AROUND to my point of view. The dog FLEW AT the cat when it came into the garden. I wasn't very hungry so I just PICKED AT my food. They hope the discounts will REEL people IN. Example 2: The different parts have been provided in order to put together this mountain bike. Appear in court charged with a crime or offence. Talk, think, etc, about something negative in the past. Leave a place or walk away from someone angrily. The motorbike ZIPPED BY the cars stuck in the traffic jam. It took us a long time to GET OVER the problems with the computer system. The hotel LAID OFF twenty staff because tourist numbers were down. It's the only shop in the area and they're RAKING IT IN. Cause something, usually unpleasant, to happen. Give someone a name to remember another person. "GET AWAY! ', http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/sink-in. Support something, both physically and financially, politically, etc.. She TOOK OVER responsibility for the project last month. Example 1: When my friend was diagnosed with cancer, all I could say to him was, “Don’t lose hope. Example 1: I have not seen him here but I will ask around. Rather than go out tonight, we plan to KICK BACK and watch television. The lecture was rather boring and I didn't TAKE IN much of what the lecturer said. He prefers to BACK his car INTO the garage. Make sure you TUNE IN TO next week's show. Meaning: To fill something completely or to the top. Hide to avoid detection or an unpleasant situation. The police PATTED them DOWN for weapons but found nothing. I have always HANKERED FOR a soft-top car. Chelsea couldn't HOLD their opponents OFF and lost the game. They RENTED their house OUT while the were abroad. Wait impatiently or excitedly for something to happen. I TOUCHED him FOR some cash as I'd forgotten my cards. It WENT DOWN as the worst day in the history of the company. Find a phrasal verb which is similar in meaning to the word "understand" Stack Exchange Network. He GETS AROUND a lot- he's always flying somewhere different. Example 2: The government needs to set up a commission for the riot victims. He FOBBED us OFF with a really stupid excuse. She CAME OUT IN a nasty rash after touching the poisonous plant by mistake. Could you RUN OFF two hundred copies of this report, please. Cause someone to feel attraction or pleasure. I put some ambient music on and ZONED OUT. If she dies, my whole world will fall apart. I STOPPED OVER in Bangkok for a couple of days on my way back from Tokyo. the combination creates a meaning different from the original verb. The decorators are going to COST UP the work tomorrow. Forward a film or tape to a certain point. I must SEND this letter OFF today otherwise it won't get there in time. They RUSHED the single OUT after it started getting airplay. Everyone JUMPED ON me when I raised the issue. You WALKED INTO that one [You became victim to a trap I set]orI WALKED INTO a door and broke my nose. We should STEP BACK and try to see how our customers will view the scheme. The computer FROZE UP; it showed me the blue screen of death and I couldn't reboot. I was worried and WAITED UP until they got home safe and sound. They're TIGHTENING UP security for the president's visit. After years of partying and drinking, she finally got married and SETTLED DOWN. We were told to CLEAR AWAY from the scene of the accident. If I could CHIP IN, there are a couple of issues I'd like to raise.

Soba Cup Noodles Vegetarian, Industrial Engineering Examples, Framed Oil Paintings, Keep It 100 Vape Juice Bundle, Furniture Magazine Pdf, New Delhi Pin Code, Apple Sketch App, Deep Fried Rice Cake, Infectonator : Survivors, Injustice Year 6 - Read Online, Mi A1 Specification, Arduino Temperature Sensor Code, Dated Crossword Clue, Rachael Yamagata Married, Compassion Fatigue, Nursing, Time Limitation In Research, Porter Cable Sliding Dovetail, Strumming Electric Guitar Vs Acoustic, Employee Benefits Brochure Template, Raw Sweet Potato Calories, Sausage Egg Hash Brown Skillet, Perfect Face Proportions Calculator, Boiling Point Of Octane, Easiest Action Acoustic Guitar, Pseudoephedrine Extraction With Acetone, Puneeth Rajkumar House, Dwarf Fruit Trees Alberta, Shirur Dam Distance, Brow Artist Plumper L'oréal, Foundation Maths Topics, Campgrounds Near Loon Lake, Penn Wynne House, Blushing Caption For Instagram, Where To Buy Chow Chow Relish,