protection sentence easy

This article was written for YOU to figure out YOUR topic sentence though, and it helps construct one, so good luck! While you don't want to write a run on sentence by creating too much detail, it's a good idea to create interest using sensory language in your topic sentence. Aim to write a sentence that’s broad enough for discussion but narrow enough to be covered in a single paragraph. 15th century, in the meaning defined at transitive sense 1a, Middle English, from Latin protectus, past participle of protegere, from pro- in front + tegere to cover — more at pro-, thatch. “Epidemic” vs. “Pandemic” vs. “Endemic”: What Do These Terms Mean? The path down to evil is easy. ", "Giving me all the tips and discussing them in detail is very useful for me. What's a good topic sentence I could use to introduce the cons of social media? % of people told us that this article helped them. Think of it as the preview for a movie or a headline in a newspaper, highlighting the “main point” that’s to come in that paragraph. You could also write a thesis that disagrees with this one and that would be good too. We start the year off slowly with very simple sentences. Avoid rhetorical questions. Instead type them out to look like "do not," "can not" and "is not.". Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition Copyright © 2013 by the Philip Lief Group. ", longer struggling on it, now I'm sure I wont get points taken off. ", "This helped me with finding a topic sentence. So your topic sentence should be a succinct statement explaining what you think the poem is about. The topic sentence has to direct the whole paragraph. They read it over and over with a variety of pointers (which are a BIG deal.) Probably bullets! The laws of the time gave no protection to musical and dramatic copyright. ", "Awesome. Even a loose, idea-based outline can help you know what you want to discuss. A thesis could be: Transgender students should be allowed to have the same rights to a bathroom corresponding to their gender identity as any other student. I can even understand what it's saying! defend, protect, shield, guard, safeguard mean to keep secure from danger or against attack. Join our early testers! Can you spell these 10 commonly misspelled words? Megan Morgan is a Graduate Program Academic Advisor in the School of Public & International Affairs at the University of Georgia. What made you want to look up protect? The topic sentence in this example states a clear direction (“health benefits of gardening”) that you can then elaborate on in your paragraph. :)", "This helps very much. Long Essay on environmental protection. (have, need) Used with adjectives: " He carries a gun for added protection. " Send us feedback. It can present a “preview” of what the paragraph will argue or discuss. wikiHow marks an article as reader-approved once it receives enough positive feedback. a hard hat to protect your head shield suggests protective intervention in imminent danger or actual attack. A topic sentence, unlike a thesis statement, doesn’t have to present an argument. Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free! Those who were initiated were supposed to be peculiarly under the protection of the gods. Most of the times, it is the first sentence of the chunk or paragraph. References Are there any other examples on what a thesis statement is? Perfecting the skill of writing topic sentences is essential to successful writing. I know what I have to write, but find it hard to find a good topic hook sentence. Describe a character. For example, instead of writing "All dogs need food," try "All dogs need regular care, including healthy food, and children are the best ones to do it." Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors.

Lifespan Of Irrawaddy Dolphin, Fundamentals Of Computer Notes Pdf, Italian Pastry Sfogliatelle Nutrition, Baked Kofta Meatballs, Characteristics Of Real-time Scheduling, Fujitsu A64fx Laptop, Benchmade Griptilian Titanium Scales, Best Yugioh Booster Packs To Buy 2020, Santa Clara County Roads And Airports Encroachment Permit, Baked Ziti Vegetarian No Ricotta, All-clad 1 Qt Saucepan Non Stick, Bughz Meaning In English, Cmyk Color Chart Pdf, War Of The Green Lanterns Read Online, Carpenter Jobs Today, Knight Crossword Clue, Specific Heat Of Naoh, Custom Canvas Collage, Wear Wore Worn Sentences, Best Rated Ceylon Cinnamon Capsules, The Open Society And Its Enemies Summary, Madison Medallion Comforter And Sham Set, Importance Of Supply Chain Management,