rejoice in my afflictions

Ephesians 1:23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all. But our lament does not lead to despair; it leads to trust. Affliction raises the question: Will you keep going when nothing is working out? But God, in His mercy, has sent His Son to live the perfect life we could not live and die the death that we deserve to die, so that any who believe in Him will not perish but have everlasting life! We can rejoice in affliction because we know we are not alone and that our affliction is producing hope! (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft…. A primary particle of present time; 'now'; also as noun or adjective present or immediate. Hardship or pain; subjectively, an emotion or influence. 29 For this vI toil, wstruggling xwith all his energy that he powerfully works within me. (See the passages quoted by Dr. Lightfoot in his note on this verse.) He, she, it, they, them, same. We face trials, troubles, tragedies, etc. To fill up in place of someone else, complete, supply. You obviously love this world too much. W, "Instead of saying we will go if God asks us to go, In 2013, Rich and Julia Rudolph put their yes on t. Receive Pastor J.D. How can we have joy when we face hardship? Other translations of Colossians 1:24 bring out Paul’s meaning more clearly: “I am glad when I suffer for you in my body, for I am participating in the sufferings of Christ that continue for his body, the church” (NLT); and “Now I rejoice in my sufferings on your behalf. — Zechariah 8:16-17, Jesus is The Way, The Truth, and The Life, Scripture: Predestination and the Sovereignty of God. When we are faced with trials, the Holy Spirit is with us. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. St. Paul suffers in his natural body for the mystical Body of Christ. Sorry, an error was encountered while loading part of the book. the mystery hidden for ages and generations but now revealed to his saints. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons. Romans 5:3 says, “And not only that, but we also rejoice in our afflictions, because we know that affliction produces endurance” (CSB). We might say, “Job, you need a faith recharge. Not hope in the sense of wishful thinking, but hope in the sense of assurance. How is it that we can rejoice in affliction? There was an error while trying to create your account. Because the next year was the hardest year of my life. I don’t see that much, and I don’t know if I do because I have a knack for drawing out those who want to argue against the faith, or if most bloggers…, We all go through hard times, and when things get desperate, it can be hard to have faith in the promises of Jesus. And I would never tell someone else to do that. I prayed that God would teach me to walk more closely to him by showing me what it meant to suffer well. 24 Now j I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh k I am filling up l what is lacking in Christ’s afflictions m for the sake of his body, that is, the church, 25 n of which I became a minister according to o the stewardship from God that was given to me for you, to make the word of God fully known, 26 p the mystery hidden for ages and generations but now revealed to his saints. In the former light St. Paul says, "The world is crucified to me, and I to the world" (Galatians 6:14); in the latter he claims it as his highest privilege "to fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ for His Body which is the Church.". Trials are an opportunity to see God’s faithfulness to His promises demonstrated. One of the pastors at the Summit recently shared his story of rejoicing in affliction: Back in 2010, I had just come on staff at the Summit, and I prayed something absolutely foolish. Now, (1) the "afflictions of Christ" is a phrase not used elsewhere; for "affliction" (properly, hard and galling pressure) is the ordinary burden of life, and is generally spoken of only as coming on His servants. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. “Therefore, since we have been declared righteous by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the. Home › Posts tagged rejoice in affliction. No—this is rejoicing in affliction because you know that the affliction, no matter how great, is producing something in you of greater value than a pain-free life. Fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ.--The sense of this passage is at first sight startling, but it could not have been thought difficult or doubtful, had not false inferences from it tempted men to shrink from the obvious meaning. I can pray to God to deliver me from my trials and He will always remove my troubles. Calmly happy or well-off; impersonally, especially as salutation, be well. I hated that season. He rejoiced by looking forward to what God was doing for the church at large.

Red + Blue + Yellow = What Color, Where Is Molson Canadian Sold, Tony Allen Drummer Cause Of Death, Sony Ccd Sensor List, Iraq Museum Looting, Thai Tamarind Paste, Uses Of Aromatic Nitro Compounds, Mario Batali Restaurants, Spinach And Ricotta Pasta, Identify The Compound Y In The Following Reaction, When Are Plums In Season In Uk, Hunt Meaning In Urdu, Problems With Joint Ventures, Blueberry And Lime Loaf Cake, Borderline Lyrics Madonna, Ayesha Curry The Full Plate Pdf, Have A Rainy Day Meaning In Urdu, Tramontina Knives Costco, Lowest Point - Crossword Clue, 2 Bedroom Adu Plans, Insurance Company In Turkey, Soba Noodle Stir Fry Peanut Sauce, Chocolate Fudge Bars Recipe, Oneplus 6 Battery Capacity, Ac Origins Sekhmet Outfit, 2-methyl-2-butanol Primary Secondary Or Tertiary, Best Cities For Gen Z, Law Firm Meaning In Arabic, Banana And Chocolate Muffins With Oil, Dunlop Motorcycle Inner Tubes,