simple predicate and complete predicate

Thousands of peple went to the circus last night. Then divide the sentence between the parts. The ______ ______ is the main word(s) that tell whom or what the sentence is about. A simple predicate would just be the verb right here, “ran”. What is the complete predicate in the sentence below? A complete predicate consists of both the verb of a sentence and the words around it; the words that modify the verb and complete its meaning. Figure out if word(s) in parentheses are the simple or complete predicate: The man (broke) his leg while playing sports. This next sentence says, “The elderly mayor retired yesterday.” “Mayor” is the subject, so I’ll put one line under that word, and “retired” is the verb. “Ran” is the verb of this sentence. ___ _____ _____ read a book for an hour. Complete sentences have two main parts: the subject and the predicate. 2. The mayor and his family live in the house on the corner. A complete predicate is going to be all the [words] that modify and further describe the verb. Learn vocabulary, terms, and more with flashcards, games, and other study tools. Tell if the simple/complete subject or predicate is missing from the sentence. 300. His youngest brother ___ the guitar very well. Macmillan, 2000) Fronting Figure out if word(s) in parentheses are the simple or complete predicate: Rebecca (searched) for her concert tickets. The complete predicate is all of the words in the predicate part of a sentence. That is the complete predicate. Figure out if word(s) in parentheses are the simple or complete predicate: The boy (ran down the stairs after his older brother). Will you feed the cat before you leave? I’m going to put one line under it. “Ran a long way” is the complete predicate in this sentence. We’re looking for a complete predicate here. We believe you can perform better on your exam, so we work hard to provide you with the best study guides, practice questions, and flashcards to empower you to be your best. Directions: Read the sentences below and identify the complete subject, complete predicate, simple subject or simple predicate in parentheses. Tell if the simple/complete subject or predicate is missing from the sentence. Simple and Complete Subjects and Predicates DRAFT. Identify the simple subject in the following sentence: What is the complete subject in the sentence below? That’s not always true, but generally you can determine the predicate that way. Identify the simple subject in the following sentence: The child in the yellow dress can dance very well. COMPLETE SUBJECT The horse’s black mane COMPLETE PREDICATE was blowing in the wind. The _____ _____ consists of all of the words that tell whom or what the sentence is about. The tired little fellow fell asleep in his chair. - What is the simple predicate of this sentenece? Ex. Point out the simple and the complete subject, and the simple and the complete predicate in each of the following sentences: 1. The predicate part of a sentence tells what the subject does or has. Find the predicate in each sentence. complete subject 5. was stolen yesterday. The ______ ______ is the main word, or word group, that tell what the subject is doing. “Retired yesterday” would be the complete predicate of that sentence. The subject part of a sentence names whom or what the sentence is about. Complete Predicate Subject Predicate 9. complete subject 3. The predicate tells something about the subject. “Turned it in this morning” is also going to be the complete predicate. Sometimes, sentences are going to have to complete predicates. We’re looking for a complete predicate here. plays. For example, in the sentence “The superhero ran faster than the eye could see”, “ran” would be the verb, but the words “faster than the eye could see” are all used to modify the verb “ran;” therefore, the complete predicate would be “ran faster than the eye could see”. Tell if the simple/complete subject or predicate is missing from the sentence. The important thing to remember here is that a complete predicate consists of the verb and any words that modify or further explain the verb. The answer is the pain 'generally persists for about a day.' Turned is a verb. Remarkably, the patient with the shattered skull survived the surgery. The simple predicate is the main verb in the predicate that tells what the subject does. SUBJECT PART The mountain climbers PREDICATE PART reached the peak. “Yesterday” further explains the verb “retired.” That’s why “yesterday” is part of the predicate. My friend went shopping after school yesterday. Carlo | … The complete predicate of a sentence is the predicate verb with all its modifiers. The simple predicate of a sentence is the predicate verb without modifiers. The ball rolled down the hill. Subject Predicate 8. Tell if the simple/complete subject or predicate is missing from the sentence. listened. English. 2. Remember that the predicate can be simple or complex. The complete predicate is going to be “wrote a paper last night”. answer choices . The _____ ______ consists of a verb and all the words that modify the verb and complete its meaning. Circle the simple predicate. Many sharks migrate up the Florida coast each Figure out if the word(s) in parentheses are the simple or complete predicate: The lightning (frightened) all of us. (3) Make up a sentence with a subject and a complete predicate." It doesn’t give any more information about the verb or verb phrase, which is why the predicate is considered “simple.” To identify a simple predicate in a sentence, ask yourself what the subject does or is, but remember to focus only … Identify the simple subject in the following sentence: 61 times. The complete subject is all of the words in the subject part of a sentence. The subject is right here, and then the verb. complete predicate 6. Tell if the simple/complete subject or predicate is missing from the sentence. “Yesterday” is what we call an adverb, which is a word that modifies the verb. year. example: My father fixed the dryer. In this sentence, “he” is the subject. SIMPLE SUBJECT The horse’s black (mane) SIMPLE PREDICATE (was blowing) in the wind. Jordan slept on the couch. Every sentence has two parts: a subject and a predicate. I loved the song I _____ yesterday. Simple Predicate Ex. Fill in the blank: My cousin ruined his laptop yesterday. What is the complete predicate in the sentence below? With prices so low, I should have bought a few more toothbrushes. All these words past the verb are going to be part of the predicate. (Pamela Rice Hahn and Dennis E. Hensley, Macmillan Teach Yourself Grammar and Style in 24 Hours. “I” is this subject. Fill in the blank: complete predicate 2. My new dog ripped my shoes to shreds! The _____ rolled down the hill. Right here we see a subject, and two complete predicates joined together by a conjunction. The complete predicate includes the verb and all the words that tell what happened in the sentence.

Water Pasteurization Indicator, Smirnoff Berry Blast Vodka, Thunderbolt 3 Cable 40gbps, Philadelphia Historical Society, Injustice Superman Chapter, Pitted Vs Unpitted Dates, Nicol Bolas, Dragon God Commander, Rice Ramen Burger Buns, Soft Skills Every Programmer Or Data Scientist Should Master, Egyptian Kofta With Rice, '' Green Berry Seed, How Long Does Indigo Hair Dye Last, Emami Product Life Cycle, Flower Synonyms In Urdu, Premorbid Status Definition, Azzaro Chrome Legend 125ml, Cubex - Cube Solver, Virtual Cube And Timer, Compound Nouns List, How To Defrost Uncrustables Fast, Eap225 Access Point, Washington Vet Tech License Lookup, Hind Name Meaning In English, Cuneiform Worksheet Pdffood Truck Vancouver License, Write A Few Sentences On Your Shadow, Honey Chipotle Pork Chops, Rio Grande Juice Company, Night Sky Colorado Springs, Acca Salary In Singapore, Slow Cooker Shrimp Recipes, Sony Image Sensor Roadmap, Power Reclining Sofa With Power Headrest, Bodyjar Skate Trick, Employee Missed Deadline Email Sample, Go Verb Forms V1 V2 V3, Halal Sushi Amsterdam, Chilaquiles Rojos Con Pollo,