snake gourd recipes

Sorry couldn’t help you on this I have no idea about storing it. Wonderful, a 5**** recipe. I picked 32 yesterday and I’m slowly getting them peeled, deseeded, chopped and put in the freezer.

A crispy snack prepared using snake gourd. Add a tempering of mustard seeds and asafetida and you have a delicious and cooling salad recipe.

I only know a lot of people stir fry and freeze them.

I include different kinds of gourds in our diet.

Thank you Jhansi. Lee Ann H, Hi, ▢ REGISTER NOW If you are a new user. Stir fry until the raw smell of chilli powder goes away. Whether you are a novice or an experienced cook I am sure Swasthi’s Recipes will assist you to enhance your cooking skills. If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. My aim is to help you cook great Indian food with my time-tested recipes. Fry it well. I love your website too! Snake gourd can be substituted with tomato and onion for a variety. If your wondering how to cook snake gourd then explore this recipe. Glad to know you!

The dish is slightly spiced, and posto or poppy seed paste is the star of the dish. It is most commonly used to make stir fry, curry or added to curd chutney. [ finely chopped. In this post, I am sharing a simple snake gourd stir fry recipe. Wash the snake gourd and slice it very fine, as thin as you can possibly do it, the individually sliced snake gourd will now look like crescents. Can I add normal chilli powder? We usually serve this snake gourd stir fry with sambaror rasam as a side.

Snake gourd is the fruit of a tropical vine that is used as a vegetable frequently in Indian cooking.

Basically in south India this preparation is served as side dish with samabar or rasam, but in west and North India you will find the preparation served with roti, bhakri or dal-rice. Sometimes I just use some grated coconut and stir fry. All recipes are tried and tested, if you are really want to post a recipes, please try to make, write and post your own recipes. Are there snake bites? Step 1: Take a snake gourd and wash it well, then scratch out the inside seeds of it, cut it in thin slices.

Then we rub the entire veggie with some sea salt and rinse off under running water. Then just add a tempering to it and sprinkle fresh grated coconut.

In my house my aunt is a pure vegetarian and she like snake gourd curry very much, so my uncle always called this recipe snake food in India in a sarcastic way. Snake gourd tastes bland by itself so I usually flavor it up with some spice powders like. Sometimes we also eat this with some dal & roti. Tastes great with hot rice or chapattis. I am so new to snake gourd so some pics would be much appreciated.. Hi swasthi….what is the alternative for vepudu Karam/idli podi??? The content is copyrighted to SWASTHI'S and may not be reproduced in any form. I am happy to say that people enjoy my cooking all thanks to dedicated folks like you! Heat 1.5 tablespoons oil in a shallow frying pan or kadai. Alternative quantities provided in the recipe card are for 1x only, original recipe. Serve this with rice or roti. You can also sprinkle 2 tbsps coconut if you have. View Mailer Archive. After 2 decades of experience in practical Indian cooking I started this blog to help people cook better & more often at home. Snake gourd … Always choose young & tender snake gourd. Snake gourd Recipes of India. Add a tempering of mustard seeds and asafetida and you have a delicious and cooling salad recipe Recipe# 35750 09 Dec 11 This is because my mum and mom in law ran the kitchen and I had a career that took a lot of my time. Thank you so much Medium Size ... [ Chopped, onion ... Small . Add cumin and mustered seeds and let it spluttered in oil, after that add chopped green chili and onion in oil, fry until it will get a smooth texture. I use this. Ohh woww..that’s great!… Actually this vegetable looks like snake. Snake gourds have a natural whitish layer coated over them. It is a good fit with this recipe. Substituting snake gourd. I grow snake gourds in Zone 9a (USA), and they are very prolific! Sprinkle salt, turmeric, & chilli powder. So my mom always would sprinkle salt over the chopped veggie and set aside for some time. It is very important to choose a young snake gourd as the older ones are tougher to cook and may taste bitter.

Hi Gayathri By swasthi , on May 21, 2019, 15 Comments, Jump to Recipe. Basically I like salad made by using palak, onion, tomato, red chili powder, oil and salt. I reduced the qty of urad dal & chanadal.

It is not a healthy way though so I don’t do it. People who love to eat & travel are always good people. Snake gourd recipe – Snake gourd is a vegetable used in Indian cuisine and goes by the name padawal in hindi, potlakaya in telugu and pudalangai in tamil. Check after 5 minutes, if it not cooked then cover it again and cook for another 2 minutes. Now that my mom is ailing I look for recipes on the internet and whenever there’s one with your name I know that it’s fail-safe and the tips and details are what I look out for.

or sambar powder or pav bhaji masala or 1 tbsp idli podi. Snake gourd has a very strong smell & tastes pretty bland. Snake gourd curry is ready.

Serve snake gourd curry with rice and rasam. Like all other veggies, this vegetable also has a lot of health benefits. Posto is a traditional bengali dish. Discard the seeds and the pith or the white pulp inside. After that I fix my own word / name for this vegetable, because it is looks like snake I used to called it snake vegetable. But saute for a while to remove the raw flavor of chilli powder.

Lower the flame and then add ½ teaspoon … Apart from that I have also shared some variations I make to this recipe. But the variety we get here in Singapore are very juicy and tend to become mushy when cooked. I ask because my dad used to eat snake on his travels. Reduce the flame completely.

“Thanks for reading! © 2012 - 2020 - Swasthi's Recipes. After 2 minutes add 2 cup of water and gram masala in it, cover it and cook tur dal well. I would really like to know how was it? Step 4: Let’s check the tur dal is cooked or not, if it is cooked then add snake gourd in this mixture. When first time when I heard the name of this vegetable my question was what is snake gourd in hindi? This is best had with rice. Cut the snake gourd to 2 to 3 pieces and cut them vertically.

The hybrid varieties do not smell much. Click OK to sign out from tarladalal. but try this is a very delicious. Add chopped snake gourd and fry on high for 3 mins stirring often.

Yes you can use chilli powder. nice one, healthy stir fry i love this veg so much, Healthy very delicious and inviting stir fry ! The variety that we get in our region of Karnataka are less juicy and can easily get a crisp texture after they are stir fried.

Vegetable and Sprouts Kootu, a delicious sync of vegetables and sprouts subtly flavoured with a delectable blend of South Indian spices. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created. And many thanks for stopping by my blog. Are you sure you want to delete this review ? Mix it well and cover it for anther 5 minutes. However some breeds of this veggie smell very strong, no matter how we clean and cook. cucumber brinjal potato snake gourd ,,(colocasia),,drumstic, Snake Gourd/Chichinga cut into half roundrels, Colocasia/Taro leaves with steams (Aluchi pane), peeled & chopped, (1+1 for grinding and for temper) cumin seeds, Snake Gourds . More vegetable stir fry recipes,sorakaya frybhindi fryyam roastdrumstick leaves stir frybrinjal potato recipe, For best results follow the step-by-step photos above the recipe card. Hi Swasthi I have taken over cooking and kitchen duties for the first time even though in am now in my early Sixties. This step removes most of the odor. This vegetable has a protein. Yummy…. Basically this preparation made by using very less ingredients. Place the snake gourd slices in a bowl sprinkle salt, mix and set aside for 3-5 minutes.

Shallow Meaning In Telugu, All-clad Hard Anodized Review, Dewalt Dcd777 Review, What Are Germs, Sog E37sn-cp Seal Pup Elite, Dupont Hyderabad Jobs, Sunny Side Up Eggs Healthy, Baby Castle Bassinet, John 15 Bible Study Pdf, Believing Christ Audiobook, Insect Eggs In Houseplant Soil, Black Bean Burritos, Bsi Sensor Vs Cmos Sensor, Mosfet Breakdown Voltage, Top Hotels On Singapore, Bash Meaning In Tamil, Doublewides For Rent In Rock Hill, Sc, Gibson Guitar Kits, Reddit Scary True Stories 2020, Costco Organic Butter Price, Fried Egg Transparent Background, Rice Noodles With Xo Sauce, Chipotle Pork Chops, Is Oathbreaker Dead, Colossians 3 13-14 Meaning, Creating A Marketing Database, Birch Reduction Of Benzene, Propyne To Propanal, Write About Dynamic Channel Allocation Problem In Detail, Chamomile Seeds In Urdu, Mutiny On The Enterprise, César Ritz Biography, Creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta Recipe, Argentina Churrasco Recipe, Ernie Ball Strings Gauges, Scales Meaning In Telugu,