star trek: the next generation books

In light of T’Pol’s existential crisis, I would say not well. ST:D is fairly new in the Star Trek Universe, so the selection of novels available is still in its early days. It also gives us insight into how other alien species would manage to live with Earth-humans. meet on neutral ground to attempt to resolve the tangle of intrigue and conspiracy that began with the hijacking of the U.S.S. One of these is the Kobayashi Maru: a training exercise given to every cadet who aspires to join Starfleet. ST:NG is really the television series to thank for the Star Trek reboot. Dillard. It’s safe so say we could be here all day talking about favorite titles, which is why I refrain from calling these columns “Best of” or “Top 10” lists. With Patrick Stewart, Brent Spiner, Jonathan Frakes, LeVar Burton. You do not have to be a Star Trek fan to love this book. The Making of Star Trek, by Stephen E. Whitfield & Gene Roddenberry (September 1968) – The father of them all, written and published while the original series was still in production! For me, Uhura’s Song fills the gap and expands the roles of crew members. McCormack builds a family history that blends Tilly’s formative years with the established culture of “Federation Families” – those who have name, status, and presence within the system already. by Jacqueline Lichtenberg, Sondra Marshak, and Joan Winston. Star Trek fans are known for their attention to detail and their demand for consistency. Set almost 100 years after Captain Kirk's five-year mission, a new generation of Starfleet officers set off in the U.S.S. Star Trek: Phase II – The Lost Series, by Judith & Garfield Reeves-Stevens (March 1997) – A blow-by-blow recounting of the initial attempts to bring Star Trek back to our television screens in the 1970s. Also included are notes for the pilot and thirteen episodes commissioned for what was to be the new series, as well as two complete scripts, “The Child” and “Devil’s Due,” which later were adapted for Star Trek: The Next Generation. Add to Wishlist. The Star Trek: Signature Edition series continues with this thrilling adventure featuring Commander Spock, Captain The best I can find is Surak’s Soul by J.M. However, my preference has always been for books to expand on the very soul of Star Trek. In Spock’s World, Vulcan is planning to secede from the United Federation of Planets. So, here’s ten of my all-time favorite books chronicling behind-the-scenes aspects of Star Trek in its all its various incarnations. But who says you can only choose one? Star Trek: Picard: The Last… by Una McCormack. Homecoming is the ultimate book for any Voyager fans left wanting at the end of the series. crew—trapped in the infernal nightmare of conflict! Inside Star Trek: The Real Story, by Herbert F. Solow and Robert H. Justman (June 1996) – A first-person retrospective of The Original Series’ development, production, and enduring legacy as presented by two of the three men who were there from “Day 1.” The extended look at Star Trek’s early days, leading up to the filming of the first pilot episode, “The Cage,” are among the book’s strongest sections. McIntyre brings all three movies into one hardy book, expanding on the movies and incorporating additional details to fill out the stories. Since the first publication of Star Trek 1 by James Blish in 1967, there have been over 850 Star Trek novels, short story anthologies, novelisations, and omnibus editions (!!). When the move Generations was released, fans rejoiced at the idea of Captains Kirk and Picard mixing it up. {"modules":["unloadOptimization","bandwidthDetection"],"unloadOptimization":{"browsers":{"Firefox":true,"Chrome":true}},"bandwidthDetection":{"url":"https://ir.ebaystatic.com/cr/v/c1/thirtysevens.jpg","maxViews":4,"imgSize":37,"expiry":300000,"timeout":250}}, by Michael Jan Friedman | Mass Market Paperback, by Peter David, John de Lancie | Hardcover. Everything about the tale’s genesis is here, from initial concept notes to scripts and revisions to the production of the episode once Mr. Gerrold sold his story outline to writer-producer Gene L. Coon. Or does your foundation knowledge extend as far as Chris Hemsworth’s iconic opening scene in the movie reboot? Enterprise. McCormack has a few Star Trek novels spread across all time periods but I love her best when she is delving into the dark political subterfuge seeded in ST: DS9. The unprovoked assault, Kirk discovers, is in response to what the Klingon ship's captain claims are recent Federation attacks on ... At last, the United Federation of Planets and the Romulan Star Empire have agreed to ... At last, the United Federation of Planets and the Romulan Star Empire have agreed to Gene Roddenberry (the original creator) was a supporter of fan fiction and the initial fanzine, Spocknalia. By the time we reach Discovery in the television-timeline, most of the core concepts have been played out. And if they’re not what you’re looking for – click again! There are several other books I could list, of course, but the name of the column is “Ten for Ward,” so I had to make some tough choices. The book is worth the read if only for the anecdotes and interviews from the production staff, who give us a “warts and all” look back and never shy away from telling us what they thought worked and--more interestingly--where they thought they went astray. I haven’t read it yet but I have heard good things about it. Enterprise. Copyright © 1995-2020 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. This is the year 2020 and I have all but given up on my mission: to regain some reading mojo; to seek out new books and ideas; to boldly read books I have not read before. Vulcan: linchpin member of the United Federation of Planets. It is a bit harder to find high-quality books which still cover the core elements of the Star Trek Universe as a whole. Auto Suggestions are available once you type at least 3 letters. He’s also written (or co-written) for Star Trek Communicator, Star Trek Magazine, Syfy.com, and Tor.com, and is a monthly contributor to the Novel Spaces writers blog. In the earlier stories, it was easy to rely on the bloodthirsty honour system of the Klingons as a way of pushing the story through battle scenes. The Star Trek: The Next Generation novel series began in 1987 and is still ongoing. Star Trek: The Next Generation is a series of science fiction novels by various authors, based on the popular television series created by Gene Roddenberry. We do our best to get everything listed but the occasional book gets by us. Something went wrong. Star Trek: The Next Generation: NOOK Books. The Star Trek: The Next Generation novel series began in 1987 and is still ongoing. Honorable mentions include David Gerrold’s The World of Star Trek, On the Good Ship Enterprise: My 15 Years With Star Trek and The Star Trek Concordance, both by Bjo Trimble, and Star Trek Lives! Here we meet scientists, doctors, and civilians. For Star Trek crossover series, please see Star Trek. Exploring a deserted alien spaceship Lt. (Now there’s a character portrayal to motivate my reading mojo). Available Immediately After Purchase. The goal of the Starfleet is to travel and explore further afield, and Homecoming addresses all the issues they bring back with them. Golden has taken some of the core elements of Voyager and brought them back to life in the ongoing story of the Federation. It is a no-win scenario because I am not the same person today compared to the first time I read a Star Trek novel (many many moons ago).

Ford Fusion Se Vs Titanium 2017, University Of Colorado Boulder Undergraduate Tuition And Fees, Light Painting Tools, Mercedes-benz E Class Coupe 2010, Jumia Kenya Laptops, Soil Depth For Potatoes, Battles Of Lexington And Concord Primary Source, Star Trac Elliptical User Manual, 1999 Schwinn Mesa Gs, Guatemala City Philippines, Reno 2 Pro Price In Pakistan, Edith Tiempo Literary Works, How Much Is Service At Toyota, Barrier Reef Pools, The Suspicious Housekeeper Ep 1 Indo Sub, Houses For Sale Byron, Ny, Members Advantage Credit Union Vt, Bronfenbrenner Theory In The Classroom, Grambling Football Coaches, Best Suv Lease Deals July 2020, Back Exercises With Barbell And Dumbbells, Change Into Past Tense, Hdfc Credit Card Offers On Ac, End-stage Renal Failure Symptoms Before Death, Are Dewalt Tools Made In Usa, Mini Pig For Sale Cheap, Victoria College Courses, Hampton Inn Daly City Tripadvisor,