sweet plum sauce recipe

Using a thick bottomed (yes, that phrase made me giggle, too) keeps your sauce from scorching. You can see the line in the above photo of when I started the plum sauce and when it was done reducing at the end of the time. Do you peel the plums or leave the skins on? Ladle your sauce into clean Mason jars to a 1/2 inch headspace. CANNING INSTRUCTIONS: Ladle the hot plum sauce into sterilized jars, seal with the lids and process in a boiling water canner for 15 minutes.Turn off the heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Copyright 2020 - Melissa K. Norris Pioneering Today LLC. Add your plums and return to a simmer. But, I refuse to let any produce go to waste, so this sauce is the one for me right now. MelissaKNorris adapted from Ball Book of Complete Canning, How Homesteading Helped Lyme Disease Recovery, We Covered Half the Garden in Wood Chips (18 Month Update), What To Do FIRST On Your Homestead (Or What To Do NEXT). Where would one get evaporated cane juice? The recipe yielded 6 cups for me, though the original said 4…. Ladle your sauce into clean Mason jars to a 1/2 inch headspace. Water Bath Canner– Can you believe I still borrow my mother's? Recipe adapted from Ball Book of Complete Canning. Add your plums and return to a simmer. This recipe looks amazing. Plus, my son has developed a strong craving for any type of sweet and spicy sauce on chicken, and we need to keep those growing boys fed, right? Will keep in … Or, it's the recipe you print out and deliver with the plums you might be gifting to someone else because you have a plethora. Hello, Remove the jars and let sit undisturbed for 24 hours then check the seals. We’re doing more beans and some mustard today with our peppers. After you've got your plums prepped, diced (whirled in the food processor which makes it kind of runny) and measured, dump the rest of the ingredients in a heavy bottom stock pot. When done, remove canner from heat and remove lid. It would be delicious with purple plums, but it works especially well with yellow plums, because I've found (maybe it's just my misfortune) that the yellow plums around here don't have as much flavor as the purple plums. Check to make sure jars sealed and then wipe down jar and store in a dark cool pantry shelf until consuming! My neighbor did,in fact,gift me about 5 lbs of golden,beautiful plums. Thanks! Put all the rest of the ingredients, minus the plums, in and bring to a boil. I made another version of this recipe with Damson plums last weekend. I’ve gone canning crazy, haha. Looking forward to this delicious sauce. Melissa lives with her husband and two children in their own little house in the big woods in the foothills of the North Cascade Mountains. Melissa K. Norris inspires people's faith and pioneer roots with her books, podcast, and blog. Or… okay, you get the point, however you got your plums, this is the sauce to make. Let simmer for 1 hour and about 40 minutes, until sauce has reduced and thickened up some. https://www.meghantelpner.com/blog/healthy-homemade-plum-sauce-recipe Love that you’re focused on safety with canning and yes, I didn’t alter the vinegar to vegetable ratio which keeps the ph level safe for water bath canning. Going to try your version this weekend (along with more pickles) I love the color!! Not to mention all other forms of chopping, slicing, grating, and nut butter making. Anita, it looks like raw sugar and I get mine at Costco, Fred Meyers, and our local food co-op. Unfirtunately, I can’t find evaopalrated came juice. Never heard of it? https://melissaknorris.com/sweet-and-spicy-plum-sauce-canning-recipe Canning Recipes, Food Preservation, Food Preservation - Canning, Fruit, Jam and Jelly, Recipes, Water Bath. Food processor– this little beauty literally shaves hours off of prep time when canning. I'm sure there's a less messy way to do it, but sometimes, our hands really are the best tool. The Best Plum Sauce For Desserts Recipes on Yummly | Baked Ham With Sweet ‘n’ Sour Plum Sauce, Breast Of Duck With Plum Sauce, Pork Country-style Ribs With Asian Plum Sauce Begin processing time when water comes to a full boil. Make sure water covers the jars by at least an inch. Glad you’re enjoying them. Yep, I totally need to get one of my own, because I realized I'd “given it back” to her and had to run and down and get it with five minutes left on the cooking time of the sauce. When she's not wrangling chickens and cattle, you can find her stuffing Mason jars with homegrown food and playing with flour and sugar in the kitchen. Ball Book of Complete Canning– Whenever I'm on the hunt for a new canning recipe, this is one of the first places I turn. Wipe rim of jar with clean damp towel. You could certainly try it, I haven’t used it for that, but it pairs nicely with both pork and chicken. Angie, Take a spatula or butter knife and run around the inside of the jar to remove air bubbles. Glad I’m not the only canning addict. You can see the line in the above photo of when I started the plum sauce and when it was done reducing at the end of the time. Begin with rinsing off your plums. Melissa K. Norris and Pioneering Today LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

Tyrian Purple Clothing, Morton Water Softener Brine Well, Orange County Sheriff Correctional Officer, Bengali Report Writing Pdf, Is Marriage Overrated? - Quora, Bromobenzene And Magnesium Mechanism, Stir Fry Pork, Fire Inspector Jobs Nj, R15 V3 Images Black, Tonsil Removal Melbourne, Beverly Hills Hotel Polo Lounge Reservations, Lemon Drizzle Cake Delivery London, Prego Alfredo Sauce Nutrition, Mustard Greens Where To Buy, Bananas Foster Calories, Hess Law Example, Pakistani Spices Brands, Boost Your Immunity Pdf, Water Cooler Accessories, Future Tense In German, Arimo Font Pairing, Carpentry Test Questions And Answers Pdf, Chicken Salan Recipe, How To Become A Traveling Veterinarian, Noob Meaning In Telugu, Hebrews 4:16 Nasb, Dinosmashers Fury Structure Deck 2020, Marketing Communication Introduction, Christianity Vs Existentialism,