taco casserole with doritos and refried beans

Used shells and some chips. Very good! Yay!! Hi Janet! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I spread sour cream and cheese on top. Brown meat and onions and ... x 13 inch casserole with 3/4 of crushed Dorito chips. Sour Cream and Soup: Next is the “creamy” components: sour cream, which adds a little tang and extra body to the dish, and cream of mushroom soup. If I had it to do over, I would probably add a can of hot or nmedium enchilada sauce. You’ll have some excess oil to remove after browning it with the onions, but the beef will be flavorful enough to hold its own in the rest of the casserole. Now for the south-of-the-border inspirations that make this a Dorito taco casserole or Dorito Mexican casserole: taco seasoning, canned tomatoes, and green chilies. I also like that my casserole ends up a little more tomato-y, since the actual quantity of tomatoes will be more than in a single can of Rotel. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. That’s awesome, Lyvonne! This post may contain affiliate links. We think they’ll be a big hit at the dinner table. Better than a taco. Your email address will not be published. Used Tacos al pastor seasoning instead of plain taco cause that's what I had. Maybe leave that off? Remove excess fat. , I am so happy you enjoyed it. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Hi! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Eat well flavored! Kind of bland as written. I'd probably just cook it for a bit less... like add it in to the mixture as late as possible. Place one-third of the crushed Doritos in the bottom of the baking dish then add half of the beef mixture. Preheat your oven and prep the ingredients; Cook the ground beef in a skillet for 5 minutes, then add in the onion and spices and continue cooking; Spread an even layer of crushed Doritos on the bottom of a casserole dish; Stir the beans, corn, salsa, and half the cheese into the skillet; Spoon the beef mixture evenly over the Doritos; Top casserole with the rest of the cheese. They were pretty soggy when I served it. I was grateful that this recipe used ingredients that I usually have on hand due to our limited trips to the grocery store due to the [...] stay at home order in our state. So glad you liked it. I will use more chips next time. 1 (10 ounce) can refried beans (Optional), 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives (Optional), 15 taco shells, broken up, or more to taste. It was good! While I’ve used lean beef, if you prefer a chicken casserole, you can substitute 2 cups of chopped cooked chicken in place of the ground beef. Top with tomatoes, lettuce, salsa or whatever you like on your Mexican food. Brown hamburger and drain. Cover with aluminum foil and bake @ 425' for 15 minutes. Use a ready-made taco seasoning if you prefer not to use the individual spices. Hey Tami! That said, the Doritos do get softer. I also added a packet of taco seasoning in the beef mixture, since I had it on hand, because the kids love it! doritos, ground beef, refried beans, black beans, taco seasoning and 3 more Slow Cooker Dorito Taco Casserole Seduction in The Kitchen sour cream, lean ground beef, water, diced tomatoes with green chilies and 7 more Pour in half of the ground beef mixture; sprinkle with half of the Cheddar cheese. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Feel free to swap the black beans with another kind if you prefer (such as kidney or pinto). I also substituted the black beans for black olives because it better suits my family's likes. This casserole is quite forgiving and easily customizable depending on your preferences. I served it with homemade instant pot refried beans as a side. LET’S BE FRIENDS ON PINTEREST! Thank you. Stir in the onion, chili powder, garlic powder, and ground cumin, and continue cooking for another 5 … Beans, beans – You can make this Dorito casserole with ground beef and beans which really turns this into a one-dish meal. I just found your site, and you have some great inspirational quick dinners, which I’m always looking for. Wondering if I substitute the ground beef with rotisserie chicken if it would still turn out.....? Have you tried it? Add olives and other half of Doritos. My family loves this in our dinner rotation too. Delectable Dorito casserole is a star-studded favorite that combines zesty beef filling, creamy cheese, and America’s favorite chip for a 30-minute meal. Taco Seasoning Packet: This is such a great time saver since they’re full of onions, chili powder, cumin, and other spices you’d have to measure (maybe even buy) separately. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Add refried beans, salsa, olives, and green chiles. He devoured the entire thing and enjoyed the leftovers very much. It's not crispy to begin with, but I'd hate for it to go yucky. I will definitely make this again. I only use 1 package of taco seasoning as I find that’s more than enough and cream of chicken as it’s just my preference. I definitely serve this as leftovers and have never had anyone (in my fam) complain about the texture. This was so very good. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Pia. That's awesome! Is this still good as leftovers or does it turn into a soggy mess? Black beans drained and rinsed, work great in this recipe too. Spray casserole dish with nonstick spray. Required fields are marked *. I can imagine that this one would be popular with the kiddies! I’m thinking it would be good to take for lunch, but think it may turn into mush by the next day. They’re almost too cute to […], While my Thanksgiving dinner may be smaller this year, I am still going to roast my usual-sized turkey. Hungry yet? Or your family will. Don’t throw away that slightly stale bag of chips either because they’ll work just fine in this recipe. That's such a good idea with the layered soft tacos!! Some Like it Hot – If you’re cooking for folks who like things spicy, you can use spicy green chilies (rather than mild), spicy taco seasoning, and spicy Doritos (yes, they even have a habanero flavor). Remove aluminum foil and bake for another 5 minutes. I have been making this casserole 20+ years. I loved it. Hi! These dressing recipes will have you coming back for seconds and even thirds! Quick meal that makes plenty for leftovers the next day. Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes. “I […]. Used 1/2 Mexican mix cheese and 1/2 Pepper Jack, also used my own taco seasonings (didn’t have the packets).

Telangana New Liquor Price List 2020, Graco Sense2snooze Swing, Clemenceau Pronunciation In English, Suny Morrisville Softball, Philosophical Discourse Meaning, 1 John 1:5-10 Commentary, Mustard Greens In Malay, Gender Differences In Communication Styles, Pigeon Bird Meaning In Tamil, The Full Plate Cookbook, Carex Bedside Commode Replacement Parts, Vasant Kunj District, Smallest Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner, Beef Mince Recipes, Ono Hawaiian Menu Prices 2020, Parts Of Speech Quiz Hard, Papaya Yogurt Smoothie, Catholic Daily Reflections App, Hottest Place In Arizona Right Now, Cigarette Beetle Fly, Reading Comprehension Exercises With Wh Questions, Numerical Methods For Engineers Questions And Answers, Gender Differences In Communication Styles, Flea Beetle Nematodes, Colossians 1:14 Niv, Children's Sermon Parting Of The Red Sea, Vizag Gas Leak Report Writing The Hindu, Failing Cis 160, Le Creuset Toughened Non-stick Sale, Indigo Plant Facts, Reebok Classic Herren, Courtroom Crime Crossword Clue, Mineral Oil Substitute For Constipation,