tamale, ghana language

google_ad_width = 728; It is the fastest-growing city in West Africa. Hi, I'm Prince from Ghana. Find a Language exchange partner in Tamale for live conversation. The activities are fun so you can easily "break the ice" with your new learning partner and get effective practice. Currently, a total of 742 basic schools are within the metropolis. In the same time, the remote village of Vitteng came into existence. Owu-Ewie, Charles. Ghana is divided into ten administrative regions: Click on a coloured area to see an article about English in that country or region, Languages spoken in Ghana by number of speakers, CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (, "Ghana – 2010 Population and Housing Census". Dagbani is one of the Gur languages. Tamale is the principal centre of education in Northern Ghana. Most residents of Tamale are Muslims, as reflected by the multitude of mosques in Tamale, most notably the Central Mosque, Afa Ajura Mosque( Ambariyyah Mosque), and The Ahmadiyyah Muslim mission Mosque. /* 728x90, created 3/16/10 */ Taken as a whole, Akan is the most-widely spoken language in Ghana.[10]. The Ewe Language is spoken in Ghana, Togo and Benin with a trace of the language in West Nigeria. Somerville, MA: Cascadilla Proceedings Project. Dangme is one of the Ga–Dangme languages within the Kwa branch. [12] These four languages are of Mole-Dagbani ethnicity. Am African from Ghana, I want to learn Hebrew language. It belongs to the larger Mole-Dagbani ethnic group found in Ghana and Burkina Faso. The Language Policy of Education in Ghana: A Critical Look at the English-Only Language Policy of Education. Dagaare is another of the Gur languages. These four languages are of Mole-Dagbani ethnicity. I am a Native of Ghana, I was born in the northing Part of Ghana, Tamale in the year 1992. 2006. Public transportation in the form of taxis used to be the most convenient means of getting around Tamale for visitors to the town until the arrival of the Tri-cycles, popularly called "Mahama-Cambuu". “We need to help the children to read and write in their languages so they can translate whatever they learn into English to enhance their development and academic performance”, he added. It is also spoken in the Ivory Coast. I am a teacher and a singer I want to learn other languages so that I can compose a song in that language. The name "Tamale Metropolitan District" is used in the geographical sense, to refer to the area within its borders. Among the 70 percent, majority of these people are the coastal Fanti and the Ashanti, who live within the central Ghana, both the Fanti and the Ashanti belong to the Akan family. English, plus several local languages, including Ga, Akan, Ewe and Twi. It is the capital city of the Northern Region of Ghana. Northern                Tamale The Northern Region is the largest area of Ghana, But it is not the most densely populated area of Ghana. [10], Tamale is served by Tamale Airport. Hi, my name is Awal. This was followed by Changli, Belipiela, and BuglanaFong ("Fetish Priest's area") further to the south. Tamale. It emerged as a growth point for northern Ghana upon independence in 1957, and has since become the third largest urban centre in the country. The Gulkpe naa is one of the seven district chiefs in the, "The largest cities in Ghana, ranked by population", Tamale, capital of Northern region, Ghana, Tamale Children's Home Tamale, Northern Region (Ghana), Introduction to Tamale and the Northern Region, Sister City International Listings – Directory Search Results – Tamale, Ghana, Tamale establishes links with sister city in Burkina-Faso, TAMALE : Sister city relations should improve trade and investments, Official website of the Tamale Metropolitan Assembly, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Tamale,_Ghana&oldid=988858648, Populated places in the Northern Region (Ghana), Short description is different from Wikidata, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Tamale Islamic Science Senior High School, Savannah Centre for Contemporary Art (SCCA), This page was last edited on 15 November 2020, at 17:58.

Simple Pseudoephedrine Extraction, Equation For The Formation Of Methyl Acetate, Collard Greens Substitute, Staudinger Reaction Procedure, Sage Leaves In Karachi, Kruphix, God Of Horizons Secret Lair, Ferrara Instant Espresso Coffee Nutrition, Chocolate Fudge Bars Recipe, Impact Of Literature On Society, Slow Loris Facts, More Importantly In A Sentence, Radico Colour Me Organic Instructions, Aldi Coconut Oil, Strategic Management Audit Is Known As, Ave Maria Bach Flute Pdf, 24 Pack Of Beer Price In Canada, Cuisinart Single Serve Coffee Maker Ss10, Horsetooth Reservoir Beach, Multi-grafted Fruit Trees California, Doritos Locos Mexico, Hawley Lake Camping, César Ritz Biography, Graham Animal Crossing Without Glasses, Go Away Hastily - Crossword Clue, Regal Foods, Inc Lancaster, Pa, What Do Tomato Hornworm Eggs Look Like, Egg Tray Uae, Real Estate Joint Venture Agreement Doc, Toy Ice Cream Truck With Sound, Who Was The Main God Of The Assyrians?, Markownikoff's Rule Provides Guidance Of Addition Of Hbr On,