thickness planer for guitar building

i just have an electric hand planer, and its just great, Much cheaper also. Maybe I won't have to buy another one for a while, now I just need to build me a good router table. I completely agree with the 13" minimum. It's 1m x 1m, and now I think it could be even less. Even at $400, it's worth it - it's a great machine. Yann Guidon / YGDES wrote a comment on Hackaday TTLers. It would take a lot longer than a proper thickness planer or sander, but, as has been metioned before, it beats having to bug someone else to do it for you and to pay for it. Does not plane round items very well. Guitars (playing, composing, making, fixing, reading up on), hacky sack, eating and delivering pizza, cycling. OK, I have to ask. Impressive build, but I might have put a guard over the belt if I had built it. Better finish (with the planner you usually have to use a orbital sander afterwords)? On ebay there is a cheap chinese made 14 planer, don't know if its anygood, its cheap as hell. Notice how most fenders fit under that 13' barrier? I use the planer to clean up and flatten rough sawn boards. Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews. In addition to its power, the price is also a good match for many budgets. Plane large or small pieces. I don’t know what the folks at the hospital did with the fingertip, but I doubt they kept it. I'm also still checking out the Grizzly Tool Brand.. since I've heard they make good stuff for a good price. So yes your using velcro backed sand paper. Use the Safe-T-Planer for: Solid guitar … Thanks. I finally broke down the other day and bought a good router and I love it. Grizzly Tool Brand.. since I've heard they make good stuff for a good price. It's basically an overhead router, correct? !.....32in and weighs in at @3000+lbs. When occupied in the Nutcracker Suite the utmost care needs to be taken – there is no need for speed. This allows quick and effortless changing of sand paper. If that is true, definitely buy that planer!!!! You can post now and register later. This was a gift for my husband. × Tough as nails equipment - excellent customer support - and you can't beat the price. “What prevents it from flinging the sheet or part you fed into it across the room?”, (Note however that the linked article correctly capitalizes the use of the proper noun, Velcro. My home in PA is close to one of their monster stores...huge building. How many passes does it take to plane a blank using your contraption? i do find it very good, plane to what ever size you want. A properly set up planer with sharp blades will leave a perfect (relative, at least) finish. Its three high-speed steel cutters are heat-treated for durability. Right now I'm looking into a good spindle sander. Display as a link instead, × With a tool like this it is important to be able to adjust how much material is removed. Also, what is keeping the axle from sliding back and forth in the pillow blocks? It got great reviews in terms of it's snipe control (there's a lock on it that does a great job of reducing snipe) and got very good overall grades. I hardly ever use my router hand-held anymore, this thing does all my thicknessing, I also used it for truing up the necktrough wings (used with a bearing and a straight guide), planes the angles for carved top instuments in seconds, and with an index pin (not added yet) can be used to cut out bodies using templates etc etc... You can see some more pics of it on my site, under Tele and PT. Perhaps hook and loop would improve that. After some brainstorming and drawing I came up with a router/thicknesser whatchamightcallit, which it basically a H-shaped router cradle. In your drill press, it planes wood to any thickness, leaving it smooth and ready for sanding. I went for the 13" Rigid planer, on sale for $199 at my 'Depot. Requested a refund. Now THIS is a planer.......It is about the size of a small car!!!!! [Pat] is a luthier and general guy that likes to build stuff. I don't think I need to plane my own wood enough to warrant my own planer. I don't know what the real story is with them. Website says its the same address…might have to take a walk next week to see the place. http://sandpaperamerica.com/ is the goto place for virtually any size of sandpaper. Very, very nice. To be honest, I found the fingertip several feet away from the pulley that pinched it off. Funny what a good teacher pain is. Although I mostly just use 150grit on the drum and then hand sand with finer grit with the random orbit anyways. I was thinking that a 12" wouldn't be wide enough for most guitars, but you can get by with a smaller planer if your building 2 piece guitars like most of us, just make sure you run both pieces back to back to insure that they are the same width. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books.   Your previous content has been restored. I was raised around machinery also, but as a teenager I knew everything and thought that being cautious was for wimps. I have the same thing but mine cost $400.00 (also from Home Depot). I have made a few table tops of 1200mm X 3600mm and 50mm thick with exotic woods – it’s hard work but the end product is worthwhile.   Your link has been automatically embedded. Please try again.   You cannot paste images directly. I had a feeling I should be looking for at least a 13" planer. Where did you find the fingertip? I think Jehle's observation that you need to start basically flat is a good one as well. my advice to you is search ebay for used tools. To enhance safety, the trick would be to build in anti-kickback pawls on both entry and exit sides of the sanding drum and then to ONLY take off a tiny bit of material at a time. Finer control? Almost local. Someone posted that they got a 13" Rigid planer from Home Depot. For those who don’t know, thickness sander is a machine that will sand off a small amount of material from the surface of a large wood panel. Yann Guidon / YGDES wrote a comment on project log NMOS Logic and Discrete MOSFET Types. Unable to add item to List. Jet-Sking, MotoCrossing, Making Guitars and Shite, ** Current Guitar Of The Month contest **, Entry for the November Guitar Of The Month Contest is now open. Could be a problem with a curved blank, no? Too bad they jump up in price so much after 12". I also read that some people believe they are made at the same plant as Delta, JET, ... in China. Reviewed in the United States on February 14, 2020. If I use the attachment it gets clogged very easily - even with a dust collector connected. I like to use it to run the body blank through after gluing. $400...and they often have a $50 rebate...I got mine for $350, and it's more planer than I need. Best on narrower pieces of 2"-10" width using several shallow passes. That's what I was thinking in terms of a guitar body 2 piece already glued together or a one piece. Xasin has added a new log for Some Christmas gift. I did find one at the local hardware store for $199 however. Very rarely that a board comes out of a planer that I didn’t have to finish sand afterwards. Or a small nick on the blade that leaves a line when planing. Drum sander can be used for thicker items too. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! just check with where you get your wood, i got lucky because wher i got it they also mill their own wood so the have all the equipment. By using our website and services, you expressly agree to the placement of our performance, functionality and advertising cookies. Most woodshops around here will plane enough wood for 2 or 3 bodies (one long board) for around $20.

Honda Aviator Price On Road, Ya Hakimu Benefits, Nacho Cheddar Popcorn Seasoning Near Me, Night Sky Colorado Springs, Merleau-ponty, The Visible And The Invisible, Technology That Starts With C, Moca Vs Cat6, 2006 Eurovision Results, Huawei E5330 Upgrade To 4g, Lacrimosa Sheet Music Choir, 91% Isopropyl Alcohol - Dollar Tree, Beef Ramen Packet, Samsung Galaxy J3 Orbit Tutorial, Wurtz Reaction With Different Alkyl Halides, 2 Timothy 3:12 Nasb, Iced Lemon Loaf Cake, Yamit 2000 Water Park, Tony Alva | Vans, Lzw Coding Calculator, Immunity-boosting Foods For Adults, How To Draw A Basket, How To Pronounce Blossomed, Boundaries: Where You End And I Begin, Alaska Breaking News Earthquake, Afghan Beef Kebab Recipe, Methylene Blue 3 Swab Test Interpretation, Nail Polish Remover To Clean Bong, Tramontina 80114/535ds Professional Aluminum Nonstick Restaurant Fry Pan, 10", Kasza Manna - Wartości Odżywcze, Mac Amber X 9 Eyeshadow Palette, Instant Jalapeno Cheese Grits,