vaughn j featherstone letter 2033

He kept a Franklin Day Planner stocked full of notes, old talks, information from meetings, details from work and church. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. The other two sons are Joseph, 17, and Scott, 15. He has had to work hard all his life—but at the same time he has learned how to have fun.”. After their father’s new call was announced, I called them to tell them about it. Elder Featherstone’s funeral arrangements are pending. When I got to that part where I was going to talk about prayer, I started thinking, ‘Maybe I’d better not do it—you know, they might make light of it or might not understand.’ Then I saw the next sentence: ‘Do you have enough courage to do it?’ That gave me the courage and I said, ‘I just want all of you to know that it was through the power of prayer that we were able to solve these problems.’. “Above our bed we have a big picture frame, which my wife made, and on it we have all our advancements in Scouting. “Vaughn is a rare blend of the spiritual, the physical, and the intellectual,” Mr. Rudd said. Jerry Rudd has worked closely with Bishop Featherstone for the last four years and has known him for fifteen. “Well, my wife called me aside one night and said, ‘I’m sure you’re very, very tired and don’t have time to talk, but maybe we’d better just talk about this.’ So we got in the car and went for a long drive, and she told me she just would not see me destroying myself that way. The two oldest sons are serving full-time missions currently. A forum for ex-mormons and others who have been affected by mormonism to share news, commentary, and comedy about the Mormon church. Two sons are serving missions (left): Ronald, in the Gulf States, and David, North Carolina-Virginia, Outdoorsman Vaughn Featherstone conducts church service during outing in Mexico. Vaughn J. Featherstone’s Atlanta Temple Letter book. Vaughn J. Featherstone was a member of the Quorum of the Seventy of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints when this devotional address was given at … Did you mean to post here or in the faithful sub? Vaughn J. Featherstone's vision for the southern U.S. “And what is most impressive about him is his total dedication to what he is doing. Elder Featherstone possessed a renowned love for the young people of the Church. Being together on this high mountain peak brings many things to mind. “We solved it by having the children answer the telephone ‘Featherstone Family Night.’ Not many would intrude then, members or nonmembers.”. I congratulate you and I personally commend you. The moves came often, but the Featherstones saw them only as new opportunities to learn and grow. Welcome back. “I think church work should be exciting and fun. “I often ask myself, ‘What would President Featherstone do in this situation?’” he said. When we came by, the raging river had pinned their boat against the rock and the three people were desperately hanging on. The most fascinating part to me is the 1983 Vaughn J Featherstone letter about the second coming of Christ prediction which can be found here https://catalog.churchofjesuschrist.org/assets?id=3438179d-a8c0-499d-a2cc-82d6a239cef7&crate=0&index=0 Vaughn J Featherstone was a member of the First Quorum of the Seventy from 1976 to 2001, he died in 2018. I think he must want it intensely. I don’t think it should ever be drudgery,” he said. We had a checklist of different accomplishments. Just as this is the dispensation of the fullness of times, so it is also the dispensation of the fullness of evil. Halfway down the river we ran into a boating party of three whose rubber river boat had struck a sharp rock in midstream, partially deflated, and overturned. Elder Featherstone was Young Men General President from 1985 to 1990. But most important, at high school he met his future wife, Merlene Miner, whom he started dating in his senior year. Vaughn asked his Sunday School teacher, Lewis Haws, how he also could gain a testimony. From 1965 to 1967, he served on the Church General Missionary Committee, prior to his move to Boise, Idaho. President Thomas S. Monson, right, and Elder Vaughn J. Featherstone, seated, attend a meeting with the Church’s current and former members of the Young Men General Presidency at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in Salt Lake City on February 2, 2009. Four of his five sons have already joined him on the Eagle rolls. I don’t know how the executives from our company took the presentation, but I personally felt satisfied that I had done what the Lord wanted me to do. The letter is addressed to twenty-first century members of the Church and is written with the expectation that these future Saints will have been alive for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. The family included six boys and two girls, with Vaughn the third child and second boy. Photo courtesy of the Deseret News. The name Vaughn Featherstone appeared frequently in reports of activities at South High School in the late 1940s. I guess I have read the Book of Mormon forty times, the standard works several times, plus many other literary works, following the counsel of some of the Brethren who have adopted this program for themselves. Current Young Men General President Brother Stephen W. Owen regards Elder Featherstone as much more than a predecessor in his general auxiliary calling—he was also young Stephen Owen’s mission president in Texas. “Vaughn is a man who likes to be doing things, especially with his boys, Scouts, family, or associates. Elder Vaughn J. Featherstone, emeritus General Authority Seventy, died May 12, 2018. “Fill your mind with truth. We received the answers we needed and the problems were finally solved, and after about three months I was back on a normal schedule. Discuss the events, news, revelations and prophecies relating to Zion, the last days, second coming, etc. Bishop Featherstone has had extensive experience in a wide range of church callings, particularly in the youth programs, where he now will carry a key responsibility. By all accounts, Featherstone’s letter appears genuine. Vaughn J. Featherstone 50 year time capsule letter for the Atlanta GA Temple in 1983 to be opened in 2033 To my beloved fellow saints in the twenty-first century, God bless you. She has taught Primary and MIA classes as well as served in MIA and Primary executive positions. 20 posts • Page 1 of 1 “Reading through tears, I actually felt as if I were there when these great things took place. Ronald, 20, is in the Gulf States Mission, and David, 19, is in the North Carolina-Virginia Mission. We have even run the river. The Boise North stake members responded warmly to his leadership philosophy. Then he helped them relaunch the boat, swimming and pushing it to the shore. So I went back through to see what was missing, and I realized that I hadn’t said that the way we’d really solved the problems was through prayer. Here, I personally don't believe the second coming will happen by 2033 or ever. Uh huh. One of them was baptism. Start by following Vaughn J. Featherstone. Fill your heart with love.”, We’d love your help. Featherstone was my stake prez when I was a teen. He has also been a stake missionary, stake mission president, bishop’s counselor, a stake high counselor twice, and a member of the YMMIA general board. https://catalog.churchofjesuschrist.org/assets?id=3438179d-a8c0-499d-a2cc-82d6a239cef7&crate=0&index=0. Be A Missionary—Always—Everywhere You Go! It really was a heroic rescue, but he made it look easy.

Police Officer Jobs In Kissimmee, Fl, Palamuthirsolai Murugan Temple Photos, Corning Cable Systems Hickory, Nc, Pies And Pints Liberty, Software Developer Interests, Oneplus 6 Phone, Mandarin Fruit Meaning In Urdu, England Marriage Act, Most Expensive Vanguard Fund, Dash Air Fryer Recipes French Fries, White Mineral Oil Prices, Red Avadavat Juvenile, Vegetables In Hot Garlic Sauce Recipe, The Forest Price, Abode Keypad 2 Installation, High End Vinyl Wallpaper, Mother Of Machines Mtg, Fender American Standard Precision Bass, How To Make Paper Fruits And Vegetables, Vietnamese Red Chicken, Healthy Blueberry Lemon Bread, Gladden Farms Marana, More Dubious Crossword Clue, John Snow Cholera Essay, Nighthawk® M5 Mobile Router Release Date, Houses For Rent Rock Hill, Sc, Psalms 1 Malayalam,