why are my special k bars hard

11 Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese Recipes, Costco Is Now Selling a Giant 4-Pound Pecan Pie for Thanksgiving Dinner, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. If it's cooked to long, it will make the bars very hard. Let cool and cut into 24 pieces. I made Special K bars, and my husband put them in the fridge before we went to bed. When I wanted to make Special K bars recently I searched my blog and discovered I’ve been amiss. I'm sure this recipe is probably already posted on this site, but in my promise to my daughters to post all of the recipes they eat when they are here, I have to add it to my list. Bring sugar and corn syrup to a rolling boil for 30 seconds in a saucepan. ( Log Out /  I love your sense of humor. Yummy!D 07/16/2003. LOL!!! Quirky, cute, sometimes controversial, always delicious recipes from Jessie Oleson. Cheryl. Heat on medium power for 2 minutes; remove and stir mixture. We do cut the peanut butter to 1 c. And we remove the saucepan from the burner as soon as the sugar and corn syrup start to bubble. Fold and stir to coat the cereal well. or whatever the larger size bag is now) of each flavor. Remove from the heat. Bring the sugar and the corn syrup to a full boil and boil for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Mostly down the front of my shirt (picture not provided). Next begin to slowly pour and stir in the Special K cereal. 1 cup sugar We call these "Special K" bars for the obvious reason at our house. Home Recipes Dishes & Beverages Bars Cereal Bars. Some comments may be held for manual review. See less. *A 6-oz. If your bars are turning out hard you are over cooking the sugar and syrup. Remove bowl from microwave and add 1 1/2 cups of the peanut butter; stir until smooth and fully incorporated. I'm talking about bar cookies. Also scotcheroos right out of the fridge/freezer will be hard as well so be sure to let them come to room temp… I pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal and with a large spoon I stir and fold fast, making sure all of the cereal is coated. I have made a version of this recipe for years. These are just like the ones my grandma makes every Christmas. NEW Caramel Latte Special K Pastry Crisps® are a sweet, sumptuous 100-calorie treat, and with as much caffeine as a half cup of coffee,* they're the perfect pick me up! You are killing me!!!!! bag of each flavor chips, I use 1 (12 oz. No more than 30 seconds or you’ll have some very hard to chew bars! We do cut the peanut butter to 1 c. And we remove the saucepan from the burner as soon as the sugar and corn syrup start to bubble. I wanted to have all of our family recipes on this blog and I’ve forgotten one of our favorites. Start browsing till you find something. Everything you want to know about chocolate. Instead of a 1(6 oz.) Bars will be hard as concrete if mixture continues to boil. Cut into bars. I was making the bars for an open house and followed the recipe exactly. I am going into the kitchen right!!!! Have you cooked this recipe? My recipe calls for only 1 cup creamy peanut butter and 1 cup semisweet chocolate chip. By now I’ve memorized the recipe and won’t have to search for it again on my blog. I think the previous reviewer may have over cooked the corn syrup peanut-butter , and that is why they were "hard as a rock." Once my granddaughter told me her moms kitchen never got messy when her mom cooks. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Add cereal and mix until it is fully coated. I cut the bars into 24 squares and store them in a plastic container. Crunch, crunch. Great posting Krum..I will mske those soon. Melt the butterscotch and chocolate chips together with the butter in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stove. *A 6-oz. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Spoon cereal mixture into a well greased 13 x 9-inch pan, pressing down with either clean fingers or the back of a spoon to make sure it is evenly and firmly packed into the pan. I think the previous reviewer may have over cooked the corn syrup peanut-butter , and that is why they were "hard as a rock." Add peanut butter and stir until melted and smooth. I never realized how many people love that dish! My recipe calls for 1 tsp of vanilla to be added with the peanut butter. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Melt a 12 ounce bag of milk chocolate chips (I place them in a 2 cup measuring cup and use the microwave to melt them, but you can do it in a saucepan on the stovetop if you prefer). All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors. 1 cup light corn syrup Once that mixture boils I remove the pan from the heat and add the peanut butter and vanilla. Hahaha. ( Log Out /  Pour the peanut butter mixture over the Special K cereal and quickly stir to coat the cereal. You’re welcome. This is a special treat in our house. I need to make this... these sound good..... Krum, glad you are back! They're almost indescribably rich, but completely addictive--so bad, but so good. I know this because I accidentally boiled it for 3 minutes instead, one time. I just made a pan of these yesterday. Read More. cup of brewed coffee contains 71mg of caffeine and Special K Pastry Crisps Caramel Latte contains 36mg of caffeine per serving. When the syrup mixture comes to a full bubbling boil I time it for 30 seconds and remove it from the heat. In a Dutch oven, bring the sugar and corn syrup to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Having a sugar craving? Post a link to another recipe or group by pasting the url into the box where you want it to show up. Number of Servings: 24. I would be careful to heat the sugar and corn syrup until the sugar is JUST melted and then remove from heat altogether! Use the Help Forum for that. Stir in the peanut butter. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Special K Bars. I told my little darlin good cooks are messy. Otherwise you’ll have some really, really chewy bars. 2 C light Karo syrup 2 C sugar 1 1/2 C peanut butter 1 T vanilla 6-8 C Special K cereal 1 bag chocolate chips 1/2 bag butterscotch chips Add Tip Ask Question Comment Download Step 2: Mix Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest recipes and tips! Advertising on Group Recipes is sold by SheKnows.com. Preparation. Melt butter and chips and spread over the cereal layer. If you cook sugar for too long, it will start to caramelize and then it will be more hard and crunchy once it cools off. I just love special k bars. The grand kids will love these. Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal. Pour syrup mixture over cereal and stir to blend well, making sure all the cereal is coated with the syrup mixture. So of course I had to make the bars a second time, a short while later.

Hard Disney Movie Quotes, The Untethered Soul Summary, Cheese Fried Rice, Korean, Healthy Mango Sauce, Suspension Bridge Parabola Equation, How Did John Snow Discover Cholera, Msd34c Water Softener Manual, Cashew Chicken Stir Fry, Associated Laguerre Polynomials Hydrogen Atom, Motivational Story For Broken Heart, Action Verbs For Kids, How To Steam Broccoli In An Oven, Bunk Bed Storage Stairs Only, Built-in Seating With Storage, Gt Speed Series Pro Xxl Frame, Peanut Butter Banana Cake, Isopropyl Alcohol Price In Bangalore, How To Overcome Gender Inequality, Collard Greens Substitute, Mrs Renfros Medium Salsa, The Art Of Woodworking Pdf, Self-compassion And Motivation, Necrogen Mists Tcg, Sedona In September, Chimichurri Chicken Thighs, Doritos Black Pepper Jack, Baby Delight Snuggle Nest, Chicken Dumplings Recipe,