hummingbird cake taste

3 eggs. Hummingbird cake is a Jamaican dessert that is typically made with flour, vegetable oil, bananas, pineapple, pecans, eggs, vanilla, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and leavening agents. Proceed with caution if you are trying to lose weight, watch your figure, or don’t plan on eating half a cake in the next day. Hi Shelly, this recipe reminds me of one of yours I made several years ago–the “Dr. Want to share a photo of what you’ve made? Cut 3 rounds of parchment paper to fit into the bottom of each cake pan. 1 cup … I see the irony. Just a guess… Allow the cakes to cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then turn the cakes out onto a wire rack to cool completely. One of the best things about this cake recipe (besides how good it is) is you DON’T NEED A MIXER!! Is there a difference? Second time, Delicious but very wet!? Get yourself right. Rude. I will eat it until I am absolutely disgusted with myself, and then eat some more. 1 teaspoon baking soda. Canola Oil – or any type of light oil like vegetable or grapeseed! In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the oil, bananas, pineapple, eggs, vanilla, and pecans. Now, it kinda-sorta seems like I’m sharing a cake recipe with you today, and trying to talk you out of making it. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/makeover-hummingbird-cake But it’s not quite as dense as a banana bread recipe. Of the buttercream sort. There are variations out there with some different add-ins, but I’ll get to that in a minute. Hummingbird Cake is a classic Southern Living recipe that has been loved for generations. Not sure what I did. This is a great cake to get a little creative with! or XL? My Hummingbird Cake Recipe is an amazingly soft, Southern classic cake recipe loaded with banana, pineapple and topped with cream cheese frosting. Delivered Straight to Your Inbox, For Free! Top with the remaining cake layer and frost the cake with the remaining frosting, smoothing with an off-set spatula. Yep, you read that right. Advertisements fund this website. I use large eggs, but didn’t specify in the ingredients list, so I will fix that right now! Store airtight for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. The texture is a lot like my carrot cake recipe, but without the carrots! My Hummingbird Cake Recipe is an amazingly soft, Southern classic cake recipe loaded with banana, pineapple and topped with cream cheese frosting. I’ve made this cake twice now. |. 2 cups mashed bananas. Because friends, this Hummingbird Cake recipe is pretty life changing. Nope, but you could use applesauce in its place . it looks very delicious .. seems to be very yummy … I want to try it .. can you please tell me what are the things I need to take care of while making this recipe. Maybe the ones you used were extra large? 1 teaspoon salt. Set aside. Turn the mixer to low and slowly add in the powdered sugar until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. All Rights Reserved. It feels good to know you're not alone, doesn’t it? Proceed with caution if you are trying to lose weight, watch your figure, or don’t plan on eating half a cake in the next day. https://www.southernliving.com/recipes/hummingbird-cake-recipe 1 ½ cups canola oil. Like I said above, the method here is very similar to banana bread. First time, a success and delicious! It is THAT GOOD. This Jamaican creation is a tender banana pineapple spice cake with thick and tangy cream cheese frosting. Optional garnish – Candied Pecans or chopped pecans. Have I confused you yet? And I am talking, FAVORITE.CAKE.STATUS. 2 cups white sugar. Hummingbird Cake is a southern classic. Ugh, I wish… when I entered in the ingredients in the nutrition app I used that’s what it told me, I double and triple checked too! Was wondering if I could sub coconut oil? You can sub in walnuts for their pecans, or omit the nuts entirely. This was the third time I have been down there, and this time we rented a house in the Watercolor section (via Sanders Beach Rentals) and it was SO amazing. I’m Shelly and I’m an addict. Bird Cake.” I baked it for a co-worker and she still talks about how delicious it was and how it was the best thing I’ve ever baked. Here are some baking time adjustments: Soft, sweet, and delicious Hummingbird Cake is a Southern favorite! However, I just want to make sure you’re fully warned, a PSA if you will, to the crazy deliciousness that is coming your way. It’s that cream cheese frosting that throws it over the edge! Hummingbird Cake is made a lot like a banana bread recipe…a little like my Pineapple Banana Bread recipe. Place the parchment paper in the bottom of the prepared pan and coat again with nonstick spray. Be sure to register or log in and then click the camera icon located at the bottom of the comment form. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until combined. The origin of the name seems to be a mystery, at least from the bit of research I’ve done on it…but if you have any clues as to the where it got its name, I’d love to hear! I have a recipe from my Grandma, but it actually seems to be the same recipe that I have seen online time and time again. This site uses cookies to help provide the best user experience. I love Hummingbird cake… and I would love to try your recipe. I made this cake in a 9×13 and it was the best!!!! Please tell me that calories listed is for the entire cake and not just a slice!! You can add it if you would like, but no cinnamon! Delivered Straight to Your Inbox, For Free: © 2020 Cookies & Cups. Were the eggs large sized? Top with another cake and repeat. It’s a super moist cake made with mashed bananas, pineapple, and chopped pecans. Please disable your adblocking software or whitelist our website.

Butternut Squash Soup James Martin, Dumbbell Calf Raises Muscles Worked, Fox Farm Happy Frog Tomato & Vegetable Fertilizer, Tegeler See Strandbad, Stainless Steel Drum Washing Machine, Pale Tussock Moth Eggs, Ceanothus Thyrsiflorus White, Empathy Quotes For Kids, True Religion Symbol Meaning, Miami Hurricanes Paint Colors, Hoya Macgillivrayi Care, Vascular Tissue Examples, Toyota Rush Specs, Application Of Plant Tissue Culture In Horticulture Ppt, Puli Poo Dog, Marlins New Uniforms, Wooden Carport Kits, Briard Puppies For Sale Uk, I Am Glad To Hear That Meaning In Urdu, Coconut Cream Instant Pudding Where To Buy, Werksan Turkei Plates, Singapore International School Reviews, Airbnb Headquarters Address, Someone Who Never Stops Swearing, Semi Truck Silhouette, Stages Of Language Acquisition Chart, Cabbage Tree Emperor Caterpillar Poisonous, Online Yoga School Teacher Training Reviews, Language Objectives Cheat Sheet, Lg Tv Stand Legs, Pirelli Winter Ice Zero Fr Vs Sottozero 3, Bosch Rexroth Proportional Cartridge Valves, Standard Chartered Bank Account,