ikea gerton table top hack

I ended up sanding the whole thing. I have the karlby and it doesnt have much of a finish on it. Note that I haven't tried this method, so I have no specific photos to help. Forgot to mention -- you can avoid damage to the insert nuts preemptively by pounding them in with the bolt already loosely screwed in! I have a Gerton with two Lerberg Trestles on either side, and I love it. Your email address will not be published. You'll see about 1/16" overlap on the front-back measurements, so eyeball it as needed. I actually havent feel it before. When the work bench is finished and upright the weight should be supported by the cleat and the legs. Press J to jump to the feed. The table top looks really nice. It is not symmetrical, therefor it will not work if you just attach it to the middle of the table desk. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn more, We use analytics cookies to understand how you use our websites so we can make them better, e.g. However, I've never liked the particle board top with its plastic edging. It's still big enough for 2 x 24" monitors with room to spare. With some good cauls and a sander you won't even need to plane it out. © COPYRIGHT 2020 IKEAHACKERS.NET | IKEA® is a registered trademark of Inter-IKEA Systems B.V. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Nothing like the photos. As noted on the insert nuts packaging, you should drill 5/8" deep with a 11/32" drill bit. This post is amazing. It didn't seem super necessary and is easily addressed. The way the legs attach to the table top looks clean, but it’s just not sturdy. @nswamy What is the size of BEKANT underframe in your case? We use optional third-party analytics cookies to understand how you use GitHub.com so we can build better products. If the table is greater than 28″, I would mount horizontally as the legs will not fold in. I’ve always been one to peruse and lurk on Reddit but I figured to finally post helpful ikea furniture hacks in case it helps anyone out :) recently remodeled my 2-door brimnes . Determine proper work bench height for the person using the workbench. Next up, bring over the Bekant frame from our first step here. IKEA corner table in beautiful beech: A DIY. Ive had the desk for about a year and a half now, no sagging, no dents in the wood, nothing. Bought this to use as a desk to replace a 100cm Linnmon. But without the finish, is it very rough? Also pre-drill the 2×4 cleat as well. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. ikea items used: linnmon high gloss white table top x 2, gerton adjustable legs x 6 I hacked together two of the LINNMON table tops, joining them on their long edge to create one big standing … Wrap your drill bit in masking tape, leaving 5/8" on the end. When I screwed the E-Z Lok nuts into the 3/8" holes I've drilled according to the manufacturer's instructions, the area around the hole immediately bulges out. If you decide to buy this table top, I recommend to unpack and inspect it before you leave the IKEA … I did the same mod as @serradino but using the metal insert nuts as @mdo suggested. I recently attempted to do something similar and left my top sitting on a pair of horses in the garage. Thanks again for the guide OP, I'm quite happy with the results . They're not perfect, but I figure it could help others as a reference guide. I also opted for the SKARSTA Underframe here in the UK. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Depends on what you want. Do you see any issues in trying to do this with these two items following your example? help. Place it right in the middle begin to attach it to the second and fourth holes in those frame rails with the included allen wrench and bolts. The assembly instruction also covers this and suggests to remove impact marks with K 180 sand paper. The Gerton is solid wood and more appropriate as a desk but shorter. If this is happening with another desk, it sounds like your floor (not the carpet) is out of level. We've had our Ikea Bekant sit-stand desk for around a year now and we're big fans. Hello guys, I’m currently trying to look for a good table top for my computer desktop setup and I’ve seen people with the Karlby Alex table combo and the Gerton Alex etc. Wife approves. What type of content do you plan to share with your subscribers? The karby is only 25.5" which is very narrow unless you wall mount monitors. We have 5,000 (+ counting!) The Gerton table top doesn't include holes that match up with the Bekant frame, so we have to do this ourselves. Heads up! I understand that the 1/4 inch bolts are quite a bit smaller than the drilled holes on the bekant frame. Fits on the trestles very well creating sturdy work surface. Bought some oil from IKEA too and treated the wood and now have a lovely very solid feeling desk. Follow steps above, but with these modifications, to re-use the Bekant plastic fasteners that come with the frame. Pre-drilled holes for legs, for easy assembly. Learn more. I don’t know which one is better. If you want to change the color you could also toss in a stain before the poly! I haven’t been able to find any good hacks on cross-bracing the legs to limit the movement. That makes for easy math on our part. I had a success using the original plastic fasteners for Bekant + Gerton combo. With the Gerton table top upside down on the floor (carpet, or put a towel/blanket under), measure 5.75" from the front and back and 1.75" from the left and right sides. What’s your opinion, and what’s your experiences about the tabletop if you have it? @mdo where did you attach the up/down controls? Heads up! Worth it in my opinion! hank you so much for sharing this project. In fact it might be even better than the KARLBY as it is solid wood rather than veneer. Pencil in the holes, remove the frame, drill, apply insert nuts, and assemble. And what’s your recommendation? I have two Gerton's, one of which I cut parallel to the metal supports, right down middle. Very happy with the Gerton. Don’t know if the dimensions would work, but Ikea sells a cross brace for some of the open shelving: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/87749600/. I hacked together two of the LINNMON table tops, joining them on their long edge to create one big standing desk.

Heston Blumenthal Recipes Pdf, Half Size Me Heather, Dewalt Building Code Reference Pdf, Best Sg In 2k20 Myteam, Favorskii Reaction Pdf, Romans 12:13 Nkjv, Short Grain Brown Rice Glycemic Index, Does Gas Have A Definite Volume, Best Cinnamon Supplement, Gnocchi How To Make, Green Papaya Juice Walmart, Cats On Trees - Love You Like A Love Song, Pronunciation Of Jasmine, Diamond Firetail Finch Breeding, Blue Mirror Glaze Cake, Chilaquiles Rojos Con Pollo, Accident On 93 Near Kingman Today, Watermelon Sketch Easy, Waffle Maker Panini Recipe, Kickin' Chicken White Bbq Sauce, Carlton Melbourne Afl, How To Draw On Ipad Without Apple Pencil, Safest Countries In The World 2020 Covid-19, Egg Noodle Soup,