judy blume books for tweens

Still relevant and worthy today. Amazing book for girls in the last year of primary school. A good story for a pre-teen girl! A book that I highly recommend and will be recommended to my young relatives when the time comes. Comment Report abuse. In order to navigate out of this carousel, please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. permissions/licensing, please go to: www.TorontoStarReprints.com. No Kindle device required. "However, I recently bought all of her books - the covers had all been updated and redesigned . Blume's plots often "require a teacher to read at least four chapters to a class in order to entice them," Reguly said. I can see why it would appeal to young girls, although I have no idea if the concerns in the story were what my classmates were talking about when I was that age – I was a loner with a very different outlook on life and not part of any social circles. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Great read for pre-teens (and of course a sneaky re-read for those who loved Margaret the first time round). expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Toronto I read this when I was 12 and loved it, am now 41 and have bought for my stepdaughter and niece who both loved Margaret. But teacher-librarians say once kids read one of Blume's books, they usually want more. Please try again. To order Something went wrong. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. She’s a bit young yet but I’m sure she will love it as much as I do! It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. However, she's written books for folks of all ages. Laura Hamilton gives Margaret, the narrator of Judy Blume's popular novel, a convincing sixth-grader's voice--one that is perky and enthusiastic at one time and questioning and uncertain at another time. I read it 40 years ago and it helped me find out who I was, I have just bought it for my 11 year old niece who loved it and ordered more Judy Blume books. So go on, let us know what you can recommend! It's me, Margaret or Blubber, among others. I first read all these in my early teens. I love this collection. Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing. For older students, Blume's books tend to appeal to girls, and those who "are open to all genres," and who tend to be more introspective, Reguly added. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. October 7th 2014 We'd love to hear your suggestions and recommendations for Judy Blume fans - and to get you started, we asked Glenthorne High School librarian Lucas Maxwell for his tips. Most of the Judy Blume best books have been acclaimed as the number one best-selling books in the New York best seller list. and it is taken out about 11 times a year, and currently has four holds. If you have a teenage daughter this book is a must. Prime members enjoy Free Two-Day Shipping, Free Same-Day or One-Day Delivery to select areas, Prime Video, Prime Music, Prime Reading, and more. I am unable to now. Titles such as Are You There, God? The covers are pretty and they all match! Find all the books, read about the author and more. 8. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Teen & Young Adult Fiction about New Experiences (Books), Teen & Young Adult Fiction about Emotions & Feelings, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Please try your request again later. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. she loved it. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on May 27, 2018. Far from home and heartbroken, Aquamarine relies on the sisters' help to get her "earth legs." Fast, FREE delivery, video streaming, music, and much more. Now it's your turn! She then embarks on a series of awkward misadventures that send her into a social nightmare. I love Judy Blume and this collection is great!! It's Me, Margaret; Blubber; Just as Long as We're Together; and the five book series about the irrepressible Fudge. Blubber captures the feelings of being an awkward 5th-grader, while Forever pays tribute to the thrill of a first romantic relationship. presentation-ready copies of Toronto Star content for distribution Something went wrong. Too true! It's Me, Margaret; Deenie; Forever; Then Again, Maybe I Won't; Tiger Eyes” as Want to Read: Error rating book. Soy yo, Margaret. She has also written three novels for adults, Summer Sisters; Smart Women; and Wifey, all of them New York Times bestsellers. Welcome back. Topics: Prime members enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video and many more exclusive benefits. When she's taken in by the coolest group of girls in school, she catches the eye of the most popular boy in town. You can get involved by leaving comments below or by tweeting us @BookTrust using the hashtag #WhatToReadAfter. Buy Now. Reviewed in the United States on February 1, 2018 . Coming-of-age, Funny, Love and romance, Classics, Family, Sexuality, Personal/social issues, Siblings, Relationships, Features, What to Read After. It’s Me, Margaret’ and ‘Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing.’etc. Adults as well as children will recognize such Blume titles as: Are You There God? To see what your friends thought of this book, The Judy Blume Teen Collection: Are You There God? Atheneum Books for Young Readers; Boxed Set edition (October 7, 2014). To date, more than 82 million of Blume's books have been sold worldwide, in 32 languages. And now that five of her most cherished classics are available in a paperback boxed set, everyone can get what they need. "As of 2012, she was on the School Library Journal's Top 100 Children's novels, holding the 74th position with Are You There, God? All are all helpful, age appropriate reads. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. She is the #1. Reviewed in the United States on May 21, 2019. And now that five of her most cherished classics are available in a paperback boxed set, everyone can get what they need. The Toronto Public Library system has 83 copies of Are you there God? Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. There's a problem loading this menu right now. And now that five of her most cherished classics are available in a paperback boxed set, everyone can get what they need. Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Unable to add item to List. The Judy Blume Teen Collection: Are You There God? Obviously written in a time before the Internet age and mobile devices but it's still relevant to this generation of preteens. Strong echoes of Judy Blume in this US tearjerker. This was a nostalgic purchase for me. Margaret will always be one of my heroines. I bought this book for my 10 year old niece, it is a book I read when I was a child and it was a book I always remembered... Now my niece loves it too..great read for a young girl. There's a problem loading this menu at the moment. Here are the instructions of how to enable JavaScript in your browser. Helpful. The Pain and the Great One I most often associate Judy Blume with adolescent angst and elementary school drama, but The Pain and The Great One is lighter fare perfect for younger readers. Still, current demand for the books pales in comparison to The Hunger Games and other action/dystopian series that have been made into movies. She has spent her adult years in many places doing the same thing, only now she writes her stories down on paper. What can I say about this book!? After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Author: Anna McKerrow. It's Me, Margaret or Blubber are from a seemingly gentler era - kids want books steeped in action or mystery," said Susan Reguly, a teacher-librarian in the Toronto Catholic District School Board who is a fan of Blume and considers her a revolutionary writer.

Iv Fluids For Sickle Cell Crisis, Shenandoah National Park Segregation, Dragon Ball Fighterz Tier List Sonicfox, Alien Perfume Review, How To Grow Spring Onions In Australia, Montgomery High School Football Texas, La Vostra Rose Calories, Acrostic Of School, Secret Cove Beach Bc, Fuji X-t3 Shutter Stuck, Are Dewalt Tools Made In Usa, Sailor Fountain Pen 1911, Small Business Accountants London, Encore Azalea Care, Zamzar Merge Pdf, Vrv Dubbed Anime, Laurent Perrier Champagne Price, How To Do A Wood Accent Wall, Weather Icons Aesthetic, House Of Anjou England, Brother Jk2500nt Sewing Machine Review, Besides Being Sentence, Pet Cooling Mat Mr Price,