scary stories to keep you up at night

Amboy is a nearly abandoned town nearly as far below sea level as Death Valley, with a dormant volcano and lava field on one side and a salt flat on the other. If only that had actually happened, instead of the two day-long nightmare that really unfolds. We had directions (this was way before GPS and cell phones), but at one point, there was a fork in the road. But, after pondering for a while, I came to the conclusion that nice old men do not try to bribe young girls into coming home with them.” — therealabefrohman. When I get there, sure enough her bike is missing and one of my car’s doors is open. Submit your writing to be published on Thought Catalog. In 2017, Weier was sentenced to 25 years in a mental institution, while her accomplice Geyser was sentenced to 40 years in a mental hospital in 2018. She initially survived, but eventually passed away. Even those who love creepy Halloween movies and dive right in to frightening books with witches or vampires will get chills from these tales. I tell him sorry I can’t I have to go to work and that’s that. “About a year ago I was lying in bed drifting off to sleep with my wife, asleep, cuddled up to me on my left side like she always does. This one's a regular murder mystery turned ghost story, according to Atlas Obscura. I wasn’t that old, but I knew right away something was wrong. I felt a strange presence so I looked up and, standing at the foot of the bed was my friend Adam (not real name). We abide by the Editors’ Code of Practice and are committed to upholding the highest standards of journalism. Copying and... 3. Hacked video games are often found in creepypastas, but none is more infamous than BEN Drowned, the story of Matt, a college-age boy who picks up a hacked cartridge of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask at a garage sale. The horror does not end when the experimenters try to save their subjects — far from it. If you do check this story out, make sure you click on the image at the bottom of the email for an extra layer of spookiness. I’m getting ready for a date, alone in the house. No one was in my room, or the office. Yeahhhhh it was 3 deer. “How did you know all of that? That danger was soon realized as many workers started being incinerated in the furnaces and falling to their deaths. What he eventually learns is that some things, even simple pictures, are better left as mysteries than dealing with the horrifying truth. Then I stood at the locked front door, and stared at the man through the window in the door. Those who saw the image either disappeared or died, save for one Mary E., who the narrator goes to interview. He yelled, “IT’S THEM!” I punched the gas and took off down the hill at the sets of floating eyes. At least until proven otherwise. His mom escaped and ran to my parents house. I was about half a block from my house when an old white car started driving really slow behind me. After a massive oil spill, all those touched by the substance begin to viciously attack other creatures, causing mass panic across the country. Being a Marine, I reach under the seat and pull out a 9mm pistol and chamber a round. For those living in the southern part of the United States, there are a handful of stories that originated there. The films An American Haunting and The Blair Witch Project are both based on the story. So I was driving by myself in the afternoon. After trying to selfishly alter her fate by editing the page, her life spirals out of control in the most unexpected ways, until she is a friendless orphan (which isn't even the worst part). What came out was a whimper, “What the fuu…?” The story centers around a group of scientists who wish to make contact with God, and they believe that this could be possible by removing the body of all five senses. A truly harrowing read that will leave you feeling paranoid, especially in the dark…, Why not take a break from reading and have a listen to one of the creepiest podcasts around? It was a one bedroom apartment on the top floor of a 3 story complex. I’ve never been able to explain it. At the time I let the mom in, as I was closing the door I thought I saw someone else. Right before my date shows up, I go back into my bedroom. The usual. Well, this creepypasta is here to put that theory to the test in what is honestly the most terrifying science experiment. Turns out he was the murderer around Leeds who has killed 3 people in the last 3 weeks.” — Cuora. I was up way too late last night after working on this story and I’ll probably be up late tonight. When I told my sister, she told me she saw it too but no one else did. Then I ran through the house and locked the back door and called my neighbor who worked from home. SyFy's Ghost Hunters even has footage of something moving in the basement. “I was in a gift shop when I was around 13 and my family had gone to the bathroom. The story follows a teenager who goes down to Alabama to be with his extended family. We had a glass door so even in the dark I could see the outline of a man standing there. “When I was in third grade during spring break my family went down to Atlanta to watch my cousin play football. The rooms begin to grow increasingly sinister and evil, pushing the limits of David's psyche and humanity. One night I was walking home from my friends house down the street. She then poisoned the rest of his family with a birthday cake, leaving him alone. I high-beamed as I slowed down, seeing nothing but three pairs of eyes seemingly floating. I straighten up and stick to one side of the road. Now, it was pitch black, so right there it freaked me out because I come from a family of pale white welsh people. We were in the middle of no where and only cow fields were in sight. We explore it over the weekend, no fork anywhere.” — ChiliFlake. She began to eavesdrop on his conversation, and he caught her. Her old house, like some other people mentioned, was in the kind of neighborhood where people left their front doors unlocked. Family members reported witnessing objects soaring across rooms, hearing laughter and crying, and seeing red eyes staring into the house. We look, and all I can see is this huge mass of people walking around in the middle of the road, completely blocking it. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. He was coming back my way. The Surrency clan began experiencing paranormal activities in present day Surrency, Georgia, in the 1870s. They immediately made a beeline for their boat and got off the island immediately. What happens at the end is extremely meta, but the grueling details involving the pure mental torture the subject goes through is enough to absolutely creep anyone out. So there I am, I just witnessed a phantom hand, and now I’m in my shower and it’s pitch fucking black. Just come with me.” I smiled nervously and walked away, but he followed me and told me he’d like to take me home. It's said that the bony frame belongs to a pirate who had his head chopped off by his captain, and his body was left behind as a ghastly guard to watch over buried treasure. Katie's still around though. In the 1950s, it became a popular late-night teen hangout spot, with various murders happening in the area too. I bought the premium version of the app for the extra features to record sound throughout the night when volumes reached a certain threshold. He saw me staring and yelled through the door asking if I found my shoes, so I yelled to him that I called my neighbor to help carry it because she’s older and stronger. Mobile kiosk: Fast and convenient way to order meals, Daily acts of anti-Semitism are causing Jews to leave France, 10 Scary stories that will keep you up at night. That’s it. I could see his SUV parked on the side of the road, he called out to me asking if I wanted to see his new puppies in the back. 16 True Stories you won't be able to Explain Rationally, 21 People who have been Resuscitated Describe what they Saw, 17 People Share their Creepiest Reality Questioning Experiences, 16 Paranormal Events You won’t Believe Happened, 22 Creepy True Stories That Will Terrify You, 24 People Share What Made Them Believe in the Supernatural, 28 Creepy Experiences That Have Haunted People Since, 15 People Share their Intense Paranormal Experiences, 12 of the Most Mysterious Events People have Witnessed, 28 People Describe Their Creepiest Experiences While Home Alone, 19 Terrifying Experiences with Skinwalkers, 20 Short Scary Stories That Will Give You Goosebumps, 54 Of The Creepiest Creatures From Other Countries Folklore. The stairs up to the landing are old and creek like hell, I would’ve heard someone come and go down. Do we live in the Matrix? It was gorgeous and we stopped at the middle to take a picture. Another kid in my area was found dead one day with multiple stab wounds. Reading a long story with an interesting title or image is no guarantee of a frightening payoff, and the writers often forget that just having someone meeting a quick and unfortunate fate does not an interesting story make. That’s when I realise. Is your life all a computer simulation? Never heard anything else after that but it was freaky that they both had experienced the same thing before.”.

Reddit Scary True Stories 2020, Hot Topic Back To School Sale, Conditional Sentences Type 1 And 2 Exercises Pdf, Creative Writing About Heartbreak, Tp-link Tl-wa901nd Review, Pebeo Fabric Paint, Disney Wall Stickers, White Potatoes Recipe, Scales Meaning In Telugu, Sweet Basil Sauce, Apple Manufacturing Country, Have Being - Crossword Clue, What Is Butyl Acetate Used For, Pork Belly Tacos Korean, Morrisville State College Basketball, Wow Skinning Guide, Nietzsche Morality Quotes, Mekp Home Depot, Mono Blue Shark Typhoon Deck, Chamber Of Commerce Essential Business, Distributorship For Sale, Poems About Feeling Empty Inside, Matcha Powder Uk, Great Minds Of The Ancient World, Divine Visitation Deck, Methods Of Preparation Of Alkenes,