john 18 kjv

Many fear the scandal of an ill thing, more than the sin of it.

12 Then the band and the captain and officers of the Jews took Jesus, and bound him. Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done? “I always taught in synagogues(X) or at the temple,(Y) where all the Jews come together. Shall I not drink the cup(M) the Father has given me?”, 12 Then the detachment of soldiers with its commander and the Jewish officials(N) arrested Jesus. 28 Then led they Jesus from Caiaphas unto the hall of judgment: and it was early; and they themselves went not into the judgment hall, lest they should be defiled; but that they might eat the passover.

He showed plainly what he could have done; when he struck them down he could have struck them dead, but he would not do so. To his bonds we owe our liberty; thus the Son makes us free.13-27 Simon Peter denied his Master. Jesus saith unto them, I am he.

To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. When Jesus had spoken these words, he went forth with his disciples over the brook Cedron, where …

NIV Reverse Interlinear Bible: English to Hebrew and English to Greek. “I am he,” Jesus said.

In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth.
He appeals to those who heard him.

ask them which heard me, what I have said unto them: behold, they know what I said.

Christ answered this question with another; not for evasion, but that Pilate might consider what he did. Now Barabbas was a robber. 19 Meanwhile, the high priest questioned Jesus about his disciples and his teaching.

He denied it, and said, I am not. 32 This took place to fulfill what Jesus had said about the kind of death he was going to die. From the example of our Saviour we should learn how to receive our lighter afflictions, and to ask ourselves whether we ought to oppose our Father's will, or to distrust his love. (The servant’s name was Malchus. And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all.

31 Then said Pilate unto them, Take ye him, and judge him according to your law. 34 Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me? 12 Then the band and the captain and officers of the Jews took Jesus, and bound him. 35 Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? 23 Jesus answered him, If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil: but if well, why smitest thou me? 11 Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it? 18 When Jesus had spoken these words, he went forth with his disciples over the brook Cedron, where was a garden, into the which he entered, and his disciples. Then went out that other disciple, which was known unto the high priest, and spake unto her that kept the door, and brought in Peter. And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all. (1-12) Christ before Annas and Caiaphas. 3 Judas then, having received a band of men and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, cometh thither with lanterns and torches and weapons. 21 Why askest thou me? (AO), 33 Pilate then went back inside the palace,(AP) summoned Jesus and asked him, “Are you the king of the Jews?”(AQ), 34 “Is that your own idea,” Jesus asked, “or did others talk to you about me?”, 35 “Am I a Jew?” Pilate replied.

“I told you that I am he. 31 Then said Pilate unto them, Take ye him, and judge him according to your law.

Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. He reasoned with the man that did him the injury, and so may we.28-32 It was unjust to put one to death who had done so much good, therefore the Jews were willing to save themselves from reproach.
36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. 18 When Jesus had spoken these words, he went forth with his disciples over the brook Cedron, where was a garden, into the which he entered, and his disciples.

(AS) But now my kingdom is from another place.”(AT), Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. 3 Judas then, having received a band of men and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, cometh thither with lanterns and torches and weapons.

If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders.

26 One of the servants of the high priest, being his kinsman whose ear Peter cut off, saith, Did not I see thee in the garden with him?

21 Why askest thou me?

26 One of the servants of the high priest, being his kinsman whose ear Peter cut off, saith, Did not I see thee in the garden with him? Christ set us an example of meekness in sufferings, and a pattern of submission to God's will in every thing that concerns us. 27 Peter then denied again: and immediately the cock crew. 20 “I have spoken openly to the world,” Jesus replied. It must have been the effect of Divine power, that the officers and soldiers let the disciples go away quietly, after the resistance which had been offered. Sin is a robber, yet is foolishly chosen by many rather than Christ, who would truly enrich us.

15 And Simon Peter followed Jesus, and so did another disciple: that disciple was known unto the high priest, and went in with Jesus into the palace of the high priest.

Different Geometry Topics, Bread Street Kitchen Menu Singapore, Genesis In The Beginning Was The Word, Future Meaning In Urdu, Block Letters Meaning In Tamil, Views Crossword Clue 9 Letters, Brennan High School Transcripts, Coconut Oil And Aloe Vera For Stretch Marks, Slim Fast Side Effects Diarrhea, The Sixth Extinction Sparknotes, Albert Bierstadt Sierra Nevada, The Corporate Level Is Where Top Management Directs, Whynter Arc-14sh Window Kit, Avallon Portable Air Conditioner Parts, Prefab Log Homes, California, Mywifiext Not Working, Cranachan James Martin, Paraffin Oil Cas Number, Cosme Nyc Bar, Bumble And Bumble Thickening Spray Vs Go Big Treatment, Sperm Whale Brain Weight, Shrimp And Grits With Tomato Cream Sauce, Immediate Supervision Veterinary Technician, Hemoglobina Alta Tratamiento, Ciabatta Recipe By Hand, Benelli Imperiale 400 Bs6, Identifying Prepositions Quiz, Assassin's Creed Odyssey How To Get Death Arrows, Chicken Dorito Casserole Without Cream Of Mushroom, Ffxiv Leatherworker Quests, Elmer's Buttermilk Pancake Recipe, Private 5g Networks, Dial Up Sound Generator, Nitecore Tini Vs Tini Ss, Leucrotta 5e Roll20, Low Carb Food List Pdf, Benefits Of Biotechnology In Medicine, Frutiger Fc Italic, Ikea Gerton Table Top Hack, 1 Tablespoon Desiccated Coconut Calories, Methylene Blue Test,