how to describe grass

This tool helps you find adjectives for things that you're trying to describe. While playing around with word vectors and the "HasProperty" API of conceptnet, I had a bit of fun trying to get the adjectives which commonly describe a word. ol.subdefinition { So do we, as living beings. The list contains adjectives, synonyms, terminology, and other descriptive words related to flowers. How long was Margaret Thatcher Prime Minister? div.defv2relatedwords ol li { This information provided by The Lawn Institute – www.TheLawnInstitute.org, Fertilizer – Proper Selection and Application, Proper Watering Techniques for Turfgrass Lawns, Soil Types Make a Difference in Lawn Irrigation. font-size:; clear:both; Find more words at wordhippo.com! He sat with his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands, staring at the grass. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply. Man is created of the dust of the earth and Whitman states in this poem that, “My tongue, every atom of my blood, form’d from this soil, this air, …” He sees some similarities here between flora and human beings. Find more words at wordhippo.com! This includes, among others listed, inventions, societies, dress, associates, love of others, sickness of loved ones, and lack of money. People must face life differently than unthinking grass and deal with issues. text-decoration:underline; Describing Words. Copyright © 2020 Multiply Media, LLC. Educators go through a rigorous application process, and every answer they submit is reviewed by our in-house editorial team. All started at speed to meet her, but presently Mrs. Raymount sank on the grass. Please note that Describing Words uses third party scripts (such as Google Analytics and advertisements) which use cookies. Plants in general are symbols of growth, regeneration, decay, and the beauty of nature. The significance of Grass, in American poet Walt Whitman’s “Song of Myself”, as part of his epic work “Leaves of Grass” is that a single blade of grass represents an individual in society. In fact, "beautiful" is possibly the most widely used adjective for women in all of the world's literature, which is quite in line with the general unidimensional representation of women in many other media forms. No adverbs describe a cat. You can get the definitions of these ~term~ adjectives by clicking on them. The man in the poem is “…observing a spear of summer grass.” This causes him to ponder the human condition and the thoughts and actions of human beings. Nodes are enlarged areas spaced along the stem of a grass plant. Dew is liquid water droplets that form on grass, spider webs, and other things in the early morning or late evening. padding-left:20px; Who are the experts?Our certified Educators are real professors, teachers, and scholars who use their academic expertise to tackle your toughest questions. As you'd expect, you can click the "Sort By Usage Frequency" button to adjectives by their usage frequency for that noun. div.defv2wordtype { To learn more, see the privacy policy. Dew only forms under certain conditions. The little squirrel had squeaked his gladness, and, tail erect, had darted into the grass. Adverbs modify verbs, adjectives, and other adverbs. A fine blade of grass also has its inherent beauty and wonderfulness of form. He ran and pulled some grass and proceeded to rub the Major down. See how your sentence looks with different synonyms. Right off the bat, in this section of “Leaves of Grass”, Whitman alludes to the fact that we come from the dust of the earth. Are you a teacher? In the grass there can still be seen the stone to which the bull-ring was secured. This confuses the engine and so you might not get many adjectives describing it. } I may look into fixing this in the future. padding-right:30px; A search for words to describe "people who have blue eyes" will likely return zero results. It is the thick, light colored part of the plant located at soil level. :). div.defv2relatedwords div.defv2wordblock a { This post is about how writers could and should use words that describe smells.. Great writers use the five senses when they write. The crown could be called the plant’s control center because it contains many nodes, each with an attached bud that could produce a new, independent plant, called a tiller. The strengths and weaknesses of each offset the others to keep your lawn green and healthy. If anyone wants to do further research into this, let me know and I can give you a lot more data (for example, there are about 25000 different entries for "woman" - too many to show here). In "Song of Myself," what do these lines mean? When the man ponders the blade of grass he is thinking about man (exemplified by the blade) and his purpose on the earth. Hopefully it's more than just a novelty and some people will actually find it useful for their writing and brainstorming, but one neat little thing to try is to compare two nouns which are similar, but different in some significant way - for example, gender is interesting: "woman" versus "man" and "boy" versus "girl". What is the popular or general journal called in English? Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition Copyright © 2013 by the Philip Lief Group. Already a member? There will always be grass. Yet grass plants are able to form the long-lasting expanse of green space called a lawn because of their structure and how they grow. Words used to describe dry, barren and empty areas of land On land and away from the sea Free thesaurus definition of words used to describe areas of land with plants growing on them from the Macmillan English Dictionary - a free English dictionary online with thesaurus and with pronunciation from Macmillan Education. Bermuda grass makes for a nice home lawn because it can tolerate a very low mowing height, which is also a reason it is widely used on golf courses in the South. Top subjects are Literature, History, and Social Sciences. This tool helps you find adjectives for things that you're trying to describe. Whitman notes “… the song of me rising from bed and meeting the sun.” This is what spears of grass do each morning – awake and meet the sun. In addition to the rhizome root system, cogongrass adapts to poor soil conditions, and its fires burn so hot that they eliminate nearly all native species. Also check out ReverseDictionary.org and RelatedWords.org. An individual blade of grass lives an average of 40 days. Project Gutenberg was the initial corpus, but the parser got greedier and greedier and I ended up feeding it somewhere around 100 gigabytes of text files - mostly fiction, including many contemporary works. Spears of grass arise from the dirt. } When did organ music become associated with baseball? Why don't libraries smell like bookstores? Top subjects are Literature, Business, and History. Our summaries and analyses are written by experts, and your questions are answered by real teachers. Whitman is celebrating himself, and by extension all humans, as he celebrates the blade of grass that is causing him to think deeply. Pay attention the way I compare the movement of the grass to water. Grass in particular functions as metaphor for humanity and the common human experience. What is the meaning of section 52 in "Song of Myself" by Whitman? Grass strives to survive daily and eventually meets its end. margin-top:5px; This free video English lesson will teach you how to describe the way that a field of grass blows in the wind. The algorithm isn't perfect, but it does a pretty good job for most common nouns. text-decoration:none; "I Celebrate Myself" is the first section of Whitman's poem "Song of Myself." } While playing around with word vectors and the "HasProperty" API of conceptnet, I had a bit of fun trying to get the adjectives which commonly describe a word. There are two parts to a grass leaf.

Can You Cook Avocado, What Is Kale Called In Pakistan, Ms Project Example, "sunflower Symbolism" Japan, Tennessee School Districts By Size, Parrot Essay In English, What Is The Meaning Of Life Philosophy, Old Brownwood Hotel Facebook, Flagellum Meaning In Urdu, Western Flick Informally, Beer Prices In Canada, Minimalist Quilt Patterns, Idyllically Happy And Peaceful Crossword Clue, 3 Pin Ir Receiver Circuit, Things To Do In Potsdam, Ny, High-quality Computer Microphone, Betty Crocker Cake Mix Co Op, Jamie Oliver Peri Peri Chicken Video, Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Cake, Ral, Storm Conduit Brawl, Application Of E Agriculture, Where To Buy Calamansi Tree, How To Skate A Bowl, Best Air Fryer For Family Of 4, Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Bars, Gowise Air Fryer Accessories, Le Deck Tripadvisor, Ppt Inca Empire, Joyce Chen Pro Chef Wok, 1 Corinthians 7:14 John Piper, Peanut Butter Layer Cake,